3886 26 2023-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kris87
lvl.1

Slovakia

Hi
I need a remote control for Osmo Action 3

my question is can i use the controller from osmo action 4?
I am severely disabled and it is difficult for me to press the buttons on the camera, so I would be happy with a remote control

I couldn't find a driver for Action 3 anywhere
could you help me, where can I buy?

thank you very much

www.kristianhulala.sk/en

2023-10-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller is only compatible with the DJI Osmo Action 4. We will gather this concern of yours as a suggestion and forward it to the designate team for attention. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-27
Use props
Kris87
lvl.1

Slovakia

Thank you very much
I will wait for your answer

I also saw here that a remote control fits the Osmo Action 2, is that right?
where could i buy it?
2023-10-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Kris87 Posted at 10-27 01:13
Thank you very much
I will wait for your answer

Hello, there. The DJI remote control pad of the DJI Action 2 Remote Control Extension Rod can be linked with Osmo Action 3/Osmo Action 4, and the extension rod can be connected to Osmo Action 3/Osmo Action 4 via a magnetic ball-joint adapter mount. Due to differences in camera shooting mode between the DJI Action 2 and Osmo Action 3, some functions may not be used and result in error prompts. We recommend that you use the corresponding model accessory to obtain a better experience. Thank you for your support.
2023-10-27
Use props
Kris87
lvl.1

Slovakia

so can i use the remote with osmo action 2?
but is it also wireless or wired?

for example, I want to put the Osmo Action 3 in the window and shoot a timelapse, or I put it on the table and turn on the recording
I can press the record button, although harder, but the QS button is quite difficult for me to press
therefore I would like a remote control
2023-10-27
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

you can use the osmo 2 remote,simultan with osmo2 ,OA3 & Oa4!
foto,video, slomo, hyperlaps & timelaps ok
2023-10-30
Use props
Kris87
lvl.1

Slovakia

that's great
I need it for photo, video and timelapse
thank you for the advice
2023-10-30
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

action 2 remote

it is also possible with OA3  & OA4

2023-11-3
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

outdoor renote control distance with OA3 max10m or more
(lrf file)

this is possible

2023-11-4
Use props
Edys
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I was very disappointed with DJI, I bought OA3, it had some problems with focus, they replaced it. People were asking about the controller back in the days of OA1, we finally got a controller for OA4 but it is not compatible with OA3, it may be 100% compatible but the company screwed its customers, there is no support for the product, there was one major update supposedly to improve focus and nothing more .
2023-12-22
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Best remote control for OA3 :-)

2023-12-22
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

osmonauta Posted at 12-22 11:06
Best remote control for OA3 :-)

you can use the diving dome handle trigger
2023-12-22
Use props
Mike Swin
New

Belgium

It's very unrespectable from DJI to don't givre any support nor help to Owners of OsmoActionCam 3 and don't give any upgrade and don't release  a compatible remote control. That make me regrets to having bought a DJI ActionCam and not a GoPro
2-3 03:11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mike Swin Posted at 2-3 03:11
It's very unrespectable from DJI to don't givre any support nor help to Owners of OsmoActionCam 3 and don't give any upgrade and don't release  a compatible remote control. That make me regrets to having bought a DJI ActionCam and not a GoPro

Hi, Mike. We understand the inconvenience. You can use the DJI Remote Control Pad to link your Osmo Action 3  to control it remotely. Thank you.
2-4 02:03
Use props
Mike Swin
New

Belgium

DJI Tony Posted at 2-4 02:03
Hi, Mike. We understand the inconvenience. You can use the DJI Remote Control Pad to link your Osmo Action 3  to control it remotely. Thank you.

This is not a solution. I need a remote device specialy when I'm driving my bike
2-4 09:31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mike Swin Posted at 2-4 09:31
This is not a solution. I need a remote device specialy when I'm driving my bike

We will take note of your feedback and submit it to the relevant team. We appreciate your patience.
2-5 00:13
Use props
tainnok
New

Austria

DJI Tony Posted at 2-5 00:13
We will take note of your feedback and submit it to the relevant team. We appreciate your patience.

I am in the same situation.
Bought a OA3, but unhappy with my purchase because there is NO remote. The OA2 Remote is nice, but can not be used in watersports.
The new OA4 Remote ticks ALL boxes and seems to be a great product.

BUT WHY you limit it to OA4??? Can't belive it.

It will be absolutly okay if e.g. the GPS-Features are not available for the OA3 and are exclusive Features which can only be used in combination with the OA4.

BUT the please bring the remote-control-features to the OA3 please.

If the new OA4 Remote can also be linked to OA3 and also can be used in multi-device mode with OA3 and OA4 mixed ... i guess that will bring some OA3 owners to buy that remote and later buy OA4, OA5 (if it's released) and extend the whole system.

At least thats the plan for me to have a multi-device setup on my kajak-trips.

BUT the first step need to be that this device is able to remote control also the existing OA3s.

2-5 01:25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

tainnok Posted at 2-5 01:25
I am in the same situation.
Bought a OA3, but unhappy with my purchase because there is NO remote. The OA2 Remote is nice, but can not be used in watersports.
The new OA4 Remote ticks ALL boxes and seems to be a great product.

Hi there. Please rest assured that we will register this information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2-5 01:36
Use props
tainnok
New

Austria

DJI Tony Posted at 2-5 01:36
Hi there. Please rest assured that we will register this information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.

thanks for your fast reply.

imho one outstanding feature nowadays for a product-line/company is to NOT leave the existing customers behind.
And imho DJI does a really GREAT job!
You brought new features from OA4 via firmware-update also to OA3 users (like timesync, 10bit, ...).
I don't know if you can imagine the impact of such decisions for existing users and the user-base.
If you have the confidence that a company give support and provide updates the the already existing products and NOT just push new products without any support for existing products, thats a VERY big bonus.

Just wan't to let you know that imho DJI makes a great job in building/creating that confidence.
Giving the owner of OA3 the possibility to also use the OA4-Remote (also in the mixed-multi-device setup of OA3 and OA4) will just increase that confidence.
And your benefit as company is quite simple: loyal customers ....

thx for your reply, i hope i can see an firmware-update in the future so that i "can also buy" the remote to extent my osmo-action system  
2-5 01:49
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

tainnok Posted at 2-5 01:49
thanks for your fast reply.

imho one outstanding feature nowadays for a product-line/company is to NOT leave the existing customers behind.

We appreciate your honest insights. I will also submit this as a feedback to the development team. I'm also rooting for the approval of your request. Please keep posted by visiting the DJI official website, any news and updates will be announced there officially. Thank you for your valued support.
2-5 01:57
Use props
Juan Budia
New
Spain

Same situation. Just bought OA3 and it is great and enough for my moto trips, however pressing the on/off button with motorbike globes brecomes ackward and hazarous :-(. Making OA4 remote control compatible with OA3 is THE solution. I subscribe all said: who don't simply release a new OA3 firmware so that that compatibility is enabled rightaway!!??
3-17 07:37
Use props
Captainbroh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220922 ft
  • >>>
France

the same, on skis very complicated to press the button which is very difficult to implement
I don't think it's right to release a new camera less than a year after the previous one (you beat Apple) and to add a major new function without benefiting from the previous one.
3-22 02:49
Use props
djiuser_V7USjpFUmrsb
New

Slovenia

I would be happy to if there was a remote for action 3 camera. I use it on road bike and sometimes i cant start or stop recording. The camera is realy great but this feature is realy missing. Have a nice day. Greetings from Slovenija
3-31 00:59
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_V7USjpFUmrsb Posted at 3-31 00:59
I would be happy to if there was a remote for action 3 camera. I use it on road bike and sometimes i cant start or stop recording. The camera is realy great but this feature is realy missing. Have a nice day. Greetings from Slovenija

Greetings. We understand the importance of this request and we are actively submitting your feedback to the relevant team for evaluation.  At the moment, you can try using the DJI Remote Control Pad to link your Osmo Action 3  to control it remotely. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
3-31 01:15
Use props
Captainbroh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 220922 ft
  • >>>
France

DJI Tony Posted at 3-31 01:15
Greetings. We understand the importance of this request and we are actively submitting your feedback to the relevant team for evaluation.  At the moment, you can try using the DJI Remote Control Pad to link your Osmo Action 3  to control it remotely. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

hello,
always the same stereotypical answers"we pass it on to the relevant department etc etc" but things are not moving forward
I think that Dji doesn't care about customers once their latest product is released compared to those who bought the previous model,
4-4 02:01
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Captainbroh Posted at 4-4 02:01
hello,
always the same stereotypical answers"we pass it on to the relevant department etc etc" but things are not moving forward
I think that Dji doesn't care about customers once their latest product is released compared to those who bought the previous model,

Hi there. While we strive to accommodate all requests, some may take time to process. Our team carefully evaluates each one to ensure the best possible outcome. Additionally, we consider the hardware capabilities. This ensures that any changes or features we implement align with the device's capabilities. Rest assured, we're committed to providing the best experience for our users. Thank you for understanding.
4-6 00:47
Use props
WVdE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 992707 ft
Belgium

I see 2 solutions : use the OSMO MIMO app, or make use of the "voice commands" ....
4-7 02:02
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules