lvl.4
Hungary

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2023-10-30
Use props
tzsog
lvl.4
Hungary

hi,Somebody try a V60, or V90 card ? i see just v30 card on the list ..i heard this is the best card ProGrade
2023-10-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Tide Posted at 10-27 07:46
**** The posts are shielded ****

Different cases will be treated separately, we would love to hear your testing results.
We managed to find your case numbers by your registered Forum account. Please let us know.
2023-10-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

I saw the Fishycomics asked for deletion. Here we will delete the thread first. Please let the users contact us or create a new thread instead.
2023-10-30
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-30 02:56
Different cases will be treated separately, we would love to hear your testing results.
We managed to find your case numbers by your registered Forum account. Please let us know.

Hi Wanda,

Purpose of this thread is to share information between users as of an early warning and also to figure out the general condition of overheating.
People with overheating problem already shared their issues and likely exacted causes here.

Luckily I received my Pocket 3 today and after testing I have no overheating problem.
So thanks for your concern, I have no problem to solve and I love my Pocket 3 with no overheating.
2023-10-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Tide Posted at 10-30 03:15
Hi Wanda,

Purpose of this thread is to share information between users as of an early warning and also to figure out the general condition of overheating.

Thank you for your updates. We are really concerned about the overheating issue you mentioned on the DJI Pocket 2. We have already forwarded your case to our teams. If you have any other questions, please feel free to talk. If other users encounter a similar issue, you can let them contact us as well.
2023-10-30
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-30 03:21
Thank you for your updates. We are really concerned about the overheating issue you mentioned on the DJI Pocket 2. We have already forwarded your case to our teams. If you have any other questions, please feel free to talk. If other users encounter a similar issue, you can let them contact us as well.

Thank you Wanda.

Knowing DJI team is already aware about the overheating issue and really concern about it is a big relief.
I will let others with overheating issue to contact you.
2023-10-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Tide Posted at 10-30 03:27
Thank you Wanda.

Knowing DJI team is already aware about the overheating issue and really concern about it is a big relief.

Thank you so much!
2023-10-30
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aavalaakso Posted at 10-29 22:50
Actually it did not fix the problem totally but I got much longer recording time. Only once I got over 1 hour. Second filming kids play was something like 57 minutes. Camera on tripod. Just moved few times. 18 C room temperature. It is still odd that its tops recording since camera is just warm. It is not hot in my opinion.

In that case I would consider yours as an defective unit also and see if you can exchange for a new one, You're recording at a lower ambient temp than when I did the last 2 test and I basically ran down the battery with no problem.
2023-10-30
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

Wiz33 Posted at 10-30 08:05
In that case I would consider yours as an defective unit also and see if you can exchange for a new one, You're recording at a lower ambient temp than when I did the last 2 test and I basically ran down the battery with no problem.

Hi,

Could you please try with your unit plugged to the brick wall or to the battery extension unit fully charged?

To me, using the battery (or the AC brick wall) reduces drastically the operating time before the overheating failure.

I want to know whether there are units than actually can be used up to the battery is totally empty recording at 4k@60 (probably for more than two hours long) .

If your unit can sustain this, like 2 hours straight with no overheating, that's a proof ours are clearly defective ones.

2023-10-30
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

hehe2 Posted at 10-30 08:10
Hi,

Could you please try with your unit plugged to the brick wall or to the battery extension unit fully charged?

Today I used both my old OP1 and my OP3 filming each other at 4k@60.

The OP3 failed for overheating after 13 minutes and change while the OP1 (unplugged) lasted up to the battery went dry (more than one hour).

I will make a montage with those videos to show how "ridiculous" this overheating is.

I can't believe the OP1 outperforms the OP3 in sustainability...

2023-10-30
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

I posted this in the other, similar thread -

I ran a test this AM with my Pocket 3 and ran for 82 minutes before I did a manual shutdown - low battery alert. No overheating though it did feel warm.

The conditions:

SanDisk 512GB Extreme Pro UHS-1 uXDSC U3 A2 V30
4K 60fps video
H.264 format
Mounted on tripod with handle - no battery or external power
Screen was on at 100% for entirety of test
MIMO app was not connected
Ambient temp. - 21.7C, indoors
2023-10-30
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

I already did that yesterday with the unit plugged in and it went over 90 minutes before I shut it down as I have to leave the house. I'll try to do the same with the battery handle today.

At this point. From what some of you are reporting. If you're getting overheat within minutes or under an hour at low ambient temp. Your unit is defective and there's nothing they can do via firmware update. I would seek to exchange your unit within the return period and hopefully from a different production batch. The fact is that the unit should operate as long as you have battery power available in average ambient temp in all recording mode (since there is no warning limitation in any official document).
2023-10-30
Use props
Maxime Bermond
lvl.3
Italy

I follow with interest. Isn't it the usual overheating situation that only occurs in European countries due to the stringent EU regulations?
2023-10-30
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Maxime Bermond Posted at 10-30 08:55
I follow with interest. Isn't it the usual overheating situation that only occurs in European countries due to the stringent EU regulations?

Then the device should not be sold in EU at all since it is unusable for what it is made for.
2023-10-30
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

I follow with interest. Isn't it the usual overheating situation that only occurs in European countries due to the stringent EU regulations?

What regulation could lead to this?
2023-10-30
Use props
Maxime Bermond
lvl.3
Italy

DaveSp Posted at 10-30 09:17
What regulation could lead to this?

An example:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-295051-1-1.html
2023-10-30
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

I follow with interest. Isn't it the usual overheating situation that only occurs in European countries due to the stringent EU regulations?

No, nothing to do with regulations.
My (our) camera(s) is(are) defective as we received defective units in France.
Retailers knows it, but hide the case.
There is no problem to sell them but to admit the truth and respect clients, its another song.
Take a look at my report and tell me if something looks wrong :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsh ... MA/edit?usp=sharing

The problem is also that we have to prove its defective, as the main attitude over the launch of this product can be compared as hysterical adoration, a lot of people, fans and retailers do not want to hear about it.
I want DJI to tell my retailler to replace my useless product.
ASAP.
I spent nearly 700 euros for a piece of plastic, that’s a fact.
I opened a case this morning at DJI Paris ( but they new about my issue since Saturday) and the only answer I’ve got back was « your mail was forwarded to the shop ».
B**** joke !!!
Let me tell that if i would treat my clients as this, i would immediately  being fired.
But no, no care, it is more important to sell, what ever it is crap or not.

DJI Please move, act and prove the respect you own to your customers, you have good innovative products, do not mess with it.

And Thanks for the kind DJI staff of this forum for help.
2023-10-30
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

Maxime Bermond Posted at 10-30 09:20
An example:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-295051-1-1.html

I doubt that's the case. In my test noted above, my unit got warm but not hot so it was not reaching any overheating threshold.
2023-10-30
Use props
Maxime Bermond
lvl.3
Italy

Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic Posted at 10-30 09:22
No, nothing to do with regulations.
My (our) camera(s) is(are) defective as we received defective units in France.
Retailers knows it, but hide the case.

A great test
I hope the problem can be solved as soon as possible.
2023-10-30
Use props
Maxime Bermond
lvl.3
Italy

DaveSp Posted at 10-30 09:29
I doubt that's the case. In my test noted above, my unit got warm but not hot so it was not reaching any overheating threshold.

Right. I hope that is not the case. I am considering buying it, but with the DJI Action 2 I had some difficulties with overheating just because of the fact that in EU you cannot set the temperature threshold to High.
2023-10-30
Use props
Dieter_Wilke
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

My conclusion after some tests:
It's not a problem of Codec, SDCard and so on.
All break off with overheating after round about 20 - 23 minutes
2023-10-30
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

Dieter_Wilke Posted at 10-30 09:53
My conclusion after some tests:
It's not a problem of Codec, SDCard and so on.
All break off with overheating after round about 20 - 23 minutes

Nor does it occur with all units.
2023-10-30
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

Maxime Bermond Posted at 10-30 09:51
Right. I hope that is not the case. I am considering buying it, but with the DJI Action 2 I had some difficulties with overheating just because of the fact that in EU you cannot set the temperature threshold to High.

So there is a user-accessible setting for the Action 2? I have the Action 4 and there isn't one.
2023-10-30
Use props
Maxime Bermond
lvl.3
Italy

DaveSp Posted at 10-30 10:05
So there is a user-accessible setting for the Action 2? I have the Action 4 and there isn't one.

Yes, Standard and High. I don't want to be wrong, but I seem to have read about cases of Action 4 overheating in EU (even without the temperature threshold). Resolved by some in an unofficial way....
2023-10-30
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Maxime Bermond Posted at 10-30 09:51

I did bypass the regional heat limit of the action 2.
Factory reset and do not set the country. You will have a pop up message each time but it will last longer. UE sucks !
2023-10-30
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Maxime Bermond Posted at 10-30 10:10
Yes, Standard and High. I don't want to be wrong, but I seem to have read about cases of Action 4 overheating in EU (even without the temperature threshold). Resolved by some in an unofficial way....

i am curious about this solution, even if i do not have this issue.
2023-10-30
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Maxime Bermond Posted at 10-30 09:47
A great test
I hope the problem can be solved as soon as possible.

I doubt about it, but court will do it if no quick progress.
2023-10-30
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic Posted at 10-30 10:39
I did bypass the regional heat limit of the action 2.
Factory reset and do not set the country. You will have a pop up message each time but it will last longer. UE sucks !

Interesting that the EU version has this setting available but the US does not.
2023-10-30
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Just a thought.  Could it be a production line problem where the internal heat sink foil is not always making contact with all cooling areas?  
That could account for some users not experiencing the problem and others are.
It wouldn't be immediately obvious in QC as its not something that will show up on a quick test.
2023-10-30
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

Ok Battery handle went over an hour with no problem at ambient 73F
2023-10-30
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ahh I got an overheat during a Timelapse after an hour.  
IMG_5792.jpeg
2023-10-30
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dronethemoment Posted at 10-30 14:38
Ahh I got an overheat during a Timelapse after an hour.

Ambient temp? Internal battery or with handle or plugged in? Any changes from when you made your 5+ hours one?
2023-10-30
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I have just come back here having recieved this response to a comment I made on a youTube video.  I'll paste my comment and the response below -

I wrote -

"There seems to be three clues to what's going on with the Pocket 3 overheating issue.

1 - Defective batch in Europe?
2 - Battery handle makes things worse (but it would, given that it's charging the main battery and that generates more heat anyway)
3 - Some memory cards seem to cause worse results than others.

I suspect that factor (1) is the prime problem which is then made worse by (2) and (3).  If it's not a defective one, then it won't be sensitive to whether the battery handle is attached or not, nor will it be fussy about the card.  But if it is defective then those other two factors will make things worse."

The response I got from "@TheBestShowman" was this -

"It's not a defective batch in Europe. In Europe we have different regulations than in other countries in the world. The EU specifies that cameras must switch off at 48°C. That's why the cameras switch off so early. This is the case with all cameras sold in Europe, it is not a DJI specific problem. But it should slowly become known, because every time a new camera is released, this annoying topic comes up again on YouTube."

So then I wondered who this person is.  I found a channel on YouTube belonging to "The best Showman".  And in it, he has a couple of videos related to how to fix overheating on DJI Action 3 & 4 cameras.  The video is very short and the fix is very easy.  It requires a certain file to be present on the SD card, every time the camera is used (in other words, replace the file if you format the card).  So it doesn't permanently modify the firmware.  Therefore it should be safe to try on the Pocket 3 but I don't have one.  And if I did, it wouldn't be a European one.  But for anyone in Europe who is about to return theirs, it might be worth a try as it would prove or disprove the "EU bad batch" theory.  Or, of course, the fix might be specific to the Action range and therefore nothing would be proved at all...  [There are disclaimers on the video description, to which I associate this post.]

2023-10-31
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

fansfe82067d Posted at 10-31 00:32
I have just come back here having recieved this response to a comment I made on a youTube video.  I'll paste my comment and the response below -

I wrote -

Regarding number 2, I found an interesting information from official FAQ section.

During recording, Pocket 3 do not charge its battery and draw power directly from external source.

I wonder if it applies to battery grip as well.
IMG_6883.jpeg
2023-10-31
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I have just come back here having recieved this response to a comment I made on a youTube video.  I'll paste my comment and the response below -

I wrote -

I know that 48 C limit but then device should not be sold in EU. Pocket 3 with 2 paired Mics you should do 1 hour interview without any problems. If this is not possible then the device should not be sold in EU.

And if sold in EU then company needs to make separate device for EU like car manufacturers. Cars have different heating and cooling systems in different areas.

I have OA4 without any hacks and it always records the battery to empty. In EU. So small device and not overheating. Device should not be sold in area where it does not work without external cracks.

If Pocket 3 can be used only for 2 minute slow motion video then you cant sell mics and other things with it if those cannot be ever used. It is super simple.

Whole thing is super simple
2023-10-31
Use props
gs9178
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Here's my prelim testing as i got mine today:
DJI Pocket 3 (Creator Combo)
Settings: 4K/60 Everything Auto; HEVC; Normal Color
Samsung Pro Plus 512GB 180MB/s V30 (From Amazon not the 160Mb/sec) - No overheating >60min until battery drained
Prograde 256GB 250MB/s V60 - No overheating >60min until battery drained
Room Temp: ~65F (18C) Indoors
Position: Standing
Attachments: None
2023-10-31
Use props
Maxime Bermond
lvl.3
Italy

I have just come back here having recieved this response to a comment I made on a youTube video.  I'll paste my comment and the response below -

I wrote -

Again. As I feared
So the solution for Action 3 and 4 should work
2023-10-31
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

I wrote -

The video you mention from "the best showman" is a pure joke.
If you download the linked file, open the zip and open the text file in notepad, you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Please we're talking about a serious overheating issue there... There is no miracle, only DJI can either acknowledge there is a defective batch and send us a RMA or fix the issue via a new firmware.

I doubt they can do miracles using a new firmware though...

2023-10-31
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wiz33 Posted at 10-30 14:53
Ambient temp? Internal battery or with handle or plugged in? Any changes from when you made your 5+ hours one?

It was 85 degrees F when it overheated and outside.  The 5hr one didn’t overheat at 80 degrees F.
2023-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules