Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic Posted at 11-2 14:34
Today i was contacted by the main office of Studiosport , the shop were i bought the camera near Paris..
They ask me to send back the camera for tests purpose and eventually if they come to the same conclusion as me, replace it.
I have to pay to send it, (it is not at the the shop by where i live) and i will probably have to wait undetermined time to get feedback.

Why you did not use DJI repair / replacement service under warranty? It is free.
2023-11-2
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic Posted at 11-2 14:34
Today i was contacted by the main office of Studiosport , the shop were i bought the camera near Paris..
They ask me to send back the camera for tests purpose and eventually if they come to the same conclusion as me, replace it.
I have to pay to send it, (it is not at the the shop by where i live) and i will probably have to wait undetermined time to get feedback.

That makes very little sense, your warranty is with dji not the store. You just need to contact dji support and thy will have courier collect and return a new unit and it won’t cost you anything. And it won’t be slow.
2023-11-3
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sometimes its quicker to return and replace in a store - it can be instant if done in person, or very quick if local as you are not posting very far. This depends on when the purchase was made, as well as the store's own policies. Items do not always need to be sent back to the manufacturer.
I have previously replaced faulty items in the store within a 6 month period from original purchase date - this has been done instantly in the store - no downtime whatsoever. Much more desirable then having to return and wait for DJI to send a replacement back out etc.

Its all down to personal convenience, and the store's policies.
2023-11-3
Use props
Emacs42
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8520 ft
Germany

I have an Pocket3 bought in Germany/EU via Amazon right on the day it was available.
Yesterday, after some usage during the day, I got two overheat warnings: 4k/60 after 20 minutes, 4k/30 after 25 minutes.
That was indoors with about 21°C room temp (about 70°F). Both without batterygrip or external power.
I was pretty shocked by that...

So today I tested some more, and got about 100 minutes of 4k/30 until the overheat warning popped up.
And I'm currently 70 minutes into my 4k/60 test.
Room temperature is about 4°C cooler though (17°C/ 62°F).

SD card is sandisk extreme pro 256GB, V30
Videomode in all tests was HEVC and D-Log, 10-bit.

That's exactly the same device with the same SD card and the same settings and the same physical setup...
20-25 mins yesterday, 70-100 mins today...
I don't know if it is the 4°C lower room temp which makes the difference, or if it was just the fresh start of the day.

2023-11-3
Use props
Rathal3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 389078 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Emacs42 Posted at 11-3 02:07
I have an Pocket3 bought in Germany/EU via Amazon right on the day it was available.
Yesterday, after some usage during the day, I got two overheat warnings: 4k/60 after 20 minutes, 4k/30 after 25 minutes.
That was indoors with about 21°C room temp (about 70°F). Both without batterygrip or external power.

So maybe it’s a software issue or a miracle repair
2023-11-3
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Aavalaakso Posted at 11-2 23:03
Why you did not use DJI repair / replacement service under warranty? It is free.

In France the shop is supposed to replace a defective product.
2023-11-3
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-3 00:16
That makes very little sense, your warranty is with dji not the store. You just need to contact dji support and thy will have courier collect and return a new unit and it won’t cost you anything. And it won’t be slow.

In France DJI repair center is StudioSport.
They asked me to send the camera, paying postal fees.
This is not normal as they should replace a defective product at the shop where you buy it.
It is not a waranty case, the product, new, does not work as it should.And the shop is very near my home.
It would be more simple to check it at the shop and to replace it.
No wait time, no fees, no strees and a happy customer.
2023-11-3
Use props
tzsog
lvl.4
Hungary

Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic Posted at 11-3 03:22
In France the shop is supposed to replace a defective product.

DJI told no defective product !  they put limit all EU product.. The problem with this now unsuable in EU all Pocke3 4k/60fps
DJI can give us possibility for turn is off "over-temperature protection" if we want in the  settings

so i think i give back and buy oder product, no DJI anymore that sure !
2023-11-3
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-3 00:16

Unfortunatly i have to pay shipping fees.
I do not agree with this.
2023-11-3
Use props
Cmdr Kharma
lvl.2
United Kingdom

This has really put me off upgrading from the Pocket 2, I guess I'll wait a bit and see what the outcome is.

Oh and has anybody informed DJI that the UK is no longer in the EU?
2023-11-3
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Response of DJI Paladin (Administrator) on thread : "Dear DJI, please publish the overheat running chart for the Pocket 3"

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please check the information below for the maximum operating time of DJI Osmo Pocket 3 under different recording conditions. The following figures are measured with the touchscreen turned off and Wi-Fi disabled, in a windless environment at room temperature of 25 ℃.

When recording 4K videos at 60 fps, its operating time can be up to 118 minutes until the battery is depleted.
When recording 1080p videos at 24 fps, its operating time can be up to 166 minutes until the battery is depleted.

The max video specification supported by Osmo Pocket 3 is 4K at 120 fps. When recording 4K videos at 120 fps, the operating time of the general version is about 17 minutes (with over-temperature protection enabled), while that of the EU version is 12 minutes (with over-temperature protection enabled). Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-11-3
Use props
Maxime Bermond
lvl.3
Italy

Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic Posted at 11-3 04:50
Response of DJI Paladin (Administrator) on thread : "Dear DJI, please publish the overheat running chart for the Pocket 3"

I can understand for 4K@120 but for 4K@60 it is not good at all the duration you get.
2023-11-3
Use props
tzsog
lvl.4
Hungary

Overhitting update !

I fund a weard about this overhiting problem,

I test after overhing masssage 4k60fps the Pocket 3 body at the neck is hot about 45-48c !
so i diretly run again az 4k/25 fps and no overhiting error this time trun 40min about !  I measured the body again MORE HOT than before 50-53c !

i do not understand why 50c hot can run at 4k/25fps ?
2023-11-3
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic Posted at 11-3 03:31
Unfortunatly i have to pay shipping fees.
I do not agree with this.

You do not have to pay read your warranty. Unless you purchased outside your country and are sending back to the EU . I see your address reads France and sometimes Belarus, so maybe you’re in Belarus.
2023-11-3
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

tzsog Posted at 11-3 05:58
Overhitting update !

I fund a weard about this overhiting problem,

Defective units. Defectife temp sensors etc. Defective CPU.
2023-11-3
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Cmdr Kharma Posted at 11-3 04:09
This has really put me off upgrading from the Pocket 2, I guess I'll wait a bit and see what the outcome is.

Oh and has anybody informed DJI that the UK is no longer in the EU?

Your unit if you purchase will be clearly labelled UK.
2023-11-3
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

Aavalaakso Posted at 11-2 23:03

Exactly, I sent back my OP3 using the DJI replace process for free after getting the RMA, I just had to pack it using the provided DHL shipping slip DJI sent me and deposit the parcel in the nearest DHL pickup place (about 10 minutes walk from home). It's already been received by DJI and approved, I will get a new unit soon.

For now I'm pretty satisfied why the way DJI handled my case, I just hope for the new unit not to be faulty as well...

The first thing I'll do when receiving it will be a recording test to see if I can do two hours of 4k60 with the battery plugged without overheating.

I'll keep you posted, it should be here on Monday the 6th of November.
2023-11-3
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

hehe2 Posted at 11-3 07:42
Exactly, I sent back my OP3 using the DJI replace process for free after getting the RMA, I just had to pack it using the provided DHL shipping slip DJI sent me and deposit the parcel in the nearest DHL pickup place (about 10 minutes walk from home). It's already been received by DJI and approved, I will get a new unit soon.

For now I'm pretty satisfied why the way DJI handled my case, I just hope for the new unit not to be faulty as well...

There is a problem if you buy your unit in the EU and try to return from outside the EU you will have to pay shipping.
2023-11-3
Use props
KhaiH
lvl.1
United States

I just tested my pocket 3 today.

I got 50 minutes then I shut it off manually because at that point, I don't think it will ever overheat. The part right above the "POCKET 3" logo is the 'hottest' spot of all. It's actually just more than 'warm' a bit.

My settings:
4k60p, HEVC, 10bit D Log M
Wireless Mic in use
No battery handle attached
Screen on with 25% brightness
SanDisk Extreme 256gb V30

I did the first 15 minutes in a 70 F room (around 20-21C) just sitting there. Then walking around the building and outside for the rest of time. The outside was 70 F (20-21C), sunny and windy. I spent most of that time outside under the sun. The battery went from 100% to 57% for 50-minute walking in 4k60p with the Mic connected to it which is kind of accurate to what they state. There are 3 video files for a total of 40.27GB.
2023-11-3
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-3 06:13
You do not have to pay read your warranty. Unless you purchased outside your country and are sending back to the EU . I see your address reads France and sometimes Belarus, so maybe you’re in Belarus.

You think i am in Belarus, this is normal. To bypas French censurer i use a VPN and i choose Belarus because as a matter of fact the freedom of expression is better there than in France.
I have acces to all news around the world from Belarus, not in France.
2023-11-3
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

hehe2 Posted at 11-3 07:42

I finally got the shop to test my camera tomorrow.
I will keep you informed. I not satisfied, i will use the same way as you did to sent it back.
2023-11-3
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do you actually get a brand new camera back - or is it most likely a repackaged refurbished unit?
2023-11-3
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

IftiBashir Posted at 11-3 13:55
Do you actually get a brand new camera back - or is it most likely a repackaged refurbished unit?

I have never seen a single complaint on any of these forums regarding refurbished like new products contrary to the amount of new products with problems. There is a lot to be said about refurbished as new products .
2023-11-3
Use props
JayP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128868 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-27 07:38
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We are trying to understand your case and issue with translation tools. Would you please tell us the case numbers you had before, the average overheating time and recording settings?

Hi "DJI Wanda",

I got my Pocket 3 just today.
Unfortunately, I'm experiencing the overheating issue as well.
After less than 20min auf 4K 60 FPS recording (room temperature around 18°C) I get an overheating warning and the recording immediatly stops.
No chance to restart recording as the gimbal won’t let me.
Under the same circumstances my Action 4 records 4K 60 FPS, same camera settings, for more than an hour without any issue.
What I find very strange is that there is no warning message ahead of shutdown / end of recording. Recording just all of a sudden stopps.
This behavior is unacceptable for a dedicated vlogging / video camera in my opinion especially in that price range.
What am I supposed to do?

Thank you in advance

2023-11-3
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

IftiBashir Posted at 11-3 13:55

I don't have a clue.

As I said, my only concern will be to be able perform a successful 2 hours long recording test in 4k60 plugged to the battery handle with no overheating alert with the unit I'll receive.

If it passes my tests, then I'm fine, whatever the unit is (refurbished or brand new, it won't matter).

Mine will probably become a "refurbished unit" since I used it less than a few hours to actually test the overheating issue and was in a perfect shape/state before I sent it back.

As long as they fix what's wrong with it regarding the overheating issue, I feel that once put into a new package, nobody will ever be able to notice it's not brand new.

2023-11-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

JayP Posted at 11-3 15:35
Hi "DJI Wanda",

I got my Pocket 3 just today.

Hi, there. Sorry for the late response. Will you be able to export data for us to investigate the issue?
Please export the camera log for us and tell us the date and time when the issue occurred.
Please take a photo of the SD card you used.
Thank you in advance.
2023-11-4
Use props
Dieter_Wilke
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

My tests had a simple conclusion:
The SD-Card is not the cause for overheating and recordbreak. I tested it with different brands (Samsung, SanDisk and Lexar). All stopped at 23 Minutes.

Then I made a test (see pictures):
I jammed a smartphone cooler on the backside of camera.
The Pocket 3 runs and runs and runs ....
At 60 minutes the camara stopped with overheating and remain of 50% battery.
2023-11-4
Use props
djiuser_LI7oNoH9RKEp
lvl.1

Ireland

Dieter_Wilke Posted at 11-4 03:58
My tests had a simple conclusion:
The SD-Card is not the cause for overheating and recordbreak. I tested it with different brands (Samsung, SanDisk and Lexar). All stopped at 23 Minutes.

I tested in 4k60 and in 4k 30 and the camera always overheats in different ways: 8-11-15 minutes, how can I shoot content for YouTube in a stack camera?
This camera is made for Tiktok!
2023-11-4
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

There's one strange thing about the overheating issue - YouTube doesn't seem to be alive with people reporting it.  And that includes end users who I know from the past would be very quick to complain if they had encountered it.  So I do lean towards the "bad batch" theory.
2023-11-4
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-4 08:16
There's one strange thing about the overheating issue - YouTube doesn't seem to be alive with people reporting it.  And that includes end users who I know from the past would be very quick to complain if they had encountered it.  So I do lean towards the "bad batch" theory.

It doesn't appear to be a problem in the US - most of those reviewers are US-based? (I'm in the US and don't have the problem)
2023-11-4
Use props
Cmdr Kharma
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-3 06:15
Your unit if you purchase will be clearly labelled UK.

Care to share where?

I have an Action 4 and nowhere on the box, the manuals or on the camera is it labelled UK.

That overheated after about 15 minutes in the summer @4k 60. Just waiting to test it again when I go abroad this month with the "updated" firmware.

That was ordered on Amazon, but come from DJI Europe so has it got the European firmware on it or the rest of the world firmware? You tell me.
2023-11-4
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Cmdr Kharma Posted at 11-4 10:01
Care to share where?

I have an Action 4 and nowhere on the box, the manuals or on the camera is it labelled UK.

Every single dji product comes with classification for individual areas of control and this is clearly marked on every box, lots of time associate markings will also be on products I believe you should find these on the Back of the screen when its flipped up, this is a legal requirement when selling and trading goods in every trading block in the world. You will find enough information on your product that lets you know it was manufactured for the UK. Regarding FW your product will conform to whatever the rules are for the UK, most of which are the same as they are in the CE "Europe" there may different requirements and these will be taken care of with dji software.
2023-11-4
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-4 10:26
Every single dji product comes with classification for individual areas of control and this is clearly marked on every box, lots of time associate markings will also be on products I believe you should find these on the Back of the screen when its flipped up, this is a legal requirement when selling and trading goods in every trading block in the world. You will find enough information on your product that lets you know it was manufactured for the UK. Regarding FW your product will conform to whatever the rules are for the UK, most of which are the same as they are in the CE "Europe" there may different requirements and these will be taken care of with dji software.
[view_image]

Couldn't find it on the device itself but similar markings on the box say UK there - my device was purchased in the US and I don't have an overheating problem.
2023-11-4
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Even if you purchase from the US, as soon as you activate it via the app, the UK/EU settings will be applied, unless its also activated outside of the EU of course.
2023-11-4
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

IftiBashir Posted at 11-4 10:49
Even if you purchase from the US, as soon as you activate it via the app, the UK/EU settings will be applied, unless its also activated outside of the EU of course.

Good point. A thought - would a non-activated unit in the EU overheat?
2023-11-4
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DaveSp Posted at 11-4 10:36
Couldn't find it on the device itself but similar markings on the box say UK there - my device was purchased in the US and I don't have an overheating problem.

When you flip up your screen look at the back of it in very small writing you will see the details.
2023-11-4
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-4 11:05
When you flip up your screen look at the back of it in very small writing you will see the details.

Other than "Made in China", there is no country info on the back (checked both sides with a magnifying glass). Just that, model, voltages, and some Chinese writing.
2023-11-4
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

Cmdr Kharma Posted at 11-4 10:01
Care to share where?

I have an Action 4 and nowhere on the box, the manuals or on the camera is it labelled UK.

I would advise you to get an RMA from DJI and send it back to get a working one.
2023-11-4
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

DaveSp Posted at 11-4 10:52
Good point. A thought - would a non-activated unit in the EU overheat?

That's a nice question, when I'll get my replacement unit on Monday, I'll try a first overheating test (goal : 2 hours of 4k@60 with no issue) before activating it.

If it's passed the test, I'll activate it and then try again to see whether this has an impact or not.

I hopefully hope it will pass my tests in both cases...

Finger crossed :x
2023-11-4
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well I’ve just ordered the creator combo from Amazon UK (had some vouchers to offset the cost).

I have several SanDisk Extreme Pro 256GB cards already, so I intend to see how long I can record at 4k60 - I will then repeat the test after activating the unit and see if there is a difference.

I have until Jan 31st 2024 to return the item if I have any issues……..
2023-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules