Mini 4 Pro tracking ring altitude is in Meters only?
941 24 2023-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lyndon Grimm Liberty
lvl.1

United States

Just noticed this today, even if all other units work as Imperial, the tracking ring min max distances even, the Altitude adjustments for the rings are in Meters only.
Could someone Verify this, please?

2023-10-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Lyndon. If I may ask, Is this regarding the Inner Height and Outer Height settings on FocusTrack? Thank you.
2023-10-28
Use props
Lyndon Grimm Liberty
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 10-28 19:37
Hi, Lyndon. If I may ask, Is this regarding the Inner Height and Outer Height settings on FocusTrack? Thank you.

Yes, that is correct. All other measurements are in the correct units, but those two do not change from Metric meters.
2023-10-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Lyndon Grimm Liberty Posted at 10-28 20:08
Yes, that is correct. All other measurements are in the correct units, but those two do not change from Metric meters.

Hi. Sorry about the inconvenience. I will submit your feedback to the related department to optimize and improve the product based on user comments. Thank you for your great support.
2023-10-28
Use props
JeremyB31
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1364560 ft
United States

It would be nice to have the info saved in videos in imperial too
2023-10-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JeremyB31 Posted at 10-29 03:20
It would be nice to have the info saved in videos in imperial too

We appreciate your valuable suggestion. We will forward your feedback to the related department. Thank you for your great support.
2023-10-31
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-27 09:10
Yup.. Just like our flight logs display metric even when units are set to Imperial.  Hard to believe that hasn't been corrected in all these years.  Seems it would be such a simple fix?

You should be able to toggle meters or imperial.  In USA, we use imperial.
2023-11-5
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-5 16:27
Even when set to Imperial the flight logs still show metric units.  Bug has been around as long as I can remember.

Wjy dont they fix?  Seems ez to me.  Unfortunately, we never learned the metric system here.
2023-11-6
Use props
ArcaneXVI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 499951 ft

United States

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-5 12:27
You should be able to toggle meters or imperial.  In USA, we use imperial.

"In the USA we use Freedom Units"

ftfy
2023-11-6
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Are you using RC2 or N2?  Maybe there's a difference depending which you're using?
2023-11-6
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-6 15:41
That question has puzzled mankind for many years.  

One would think it would be a simple fix?  It took several years before they finally got the RTH altitude to show up in feet.  We are almost there.  So close to getting everything to show up in Imperial units...

Haha.
I plan on buying one soon but waiting for specials to come around
2023-11-6
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 10-28 22:18
Hi. Sorry about the inconvenience. I will submit your feedback to the related department to optimize and improve the product based on user comments. Thank you for your great support.

I haven't bought one, yet, since I'm sitting on the fence reading about the bugs still being encountered.  When is thos expected to be fixed??  It seems to be a no brainer, to me to het this resolved.

I'm in USA & don't care to figure out what my altitude is or distance away my drone is.  Unfortunately, I wasn't schooled on metric when I was growing up (well, in grammar school, they touched on it)

All I know is multiply 3.28 to meters to convert to feet.  But when flying, who wants to do this?
2023-11-7
Use props
ryguyMN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17480 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-7 11:03
I'm in USA & don't care to figure out what my altitude is or distance away my drone is.  Unfortunately, I wasn't schooled on metric when I was growing up (well, in grammar school, they touched on it)

Fortunately, altitude and distance can be set to display with imperial units.
2023-11-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

While we wait for DJI to fix the issue...

2023-11-7
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

ryguyMN Posted at 11-7 12:30
Fortunately, altitude and distance can be set to display with imperial units.

I've been reading otherwise.  So this was fixed?
2023-11-7
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

I was told everything shouod be functioning.  But,  of course, I haven't bought yet.  Waiting until bugs are worked out.
2023-11-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-5 16:27
Even when set to Imperial the flight logs still show metric units.  Bug has been around as long as I can remember.

Funny thing, IOs shows whatever is chosen in the app. Why DJI can't fix the Android version is incomprehensible.
2023-11-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-7 16:00

You can set Imperial in the Fly app. Altitude, distance and speed all show Imperial. For reasons only known to DJI, the logs are in metric, but only for Android.
2023-11-7
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-7 16:50
You can set Imperial in the Fly app. Altitude, distance and speed all show Imperial. For reasons only known to DJI, the logs are in metric, but only for Android.

I have android so ill only get metric?
2023-11-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-7 17:56
I have android so ill only get metric?

ONLY in the logs. The display will be Imperial.
2023-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-7 11:03
I haven't bought one, yet, since I'm sitting on the fence reading about the bugs still being encountered.  When is thos expected to be fixed??  It seems to be a no brainer, to me to het this resolved.

I'm in USA & don't care to figure out what my altitude is or distance away my drone is.  Unfortunately, I wasn't schooled on metric when I was growing up (well, in grammar school, they touched on it)

Hi there. We don't have the information yet on when is this going to be optimized. But rest assured we will keep on forwarding this to the related team to be considered. We appreciate your patience.
2023-11-8
Use props
ryguyMN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17480 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-7 16:00

Here's from the Mini 4 Pro. It was also like this on the Mini 3 Pro. It's just the flight log and 360° tracking ring that doesn't show Imperial.

2023-11-8
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Ok.  So, during normal flight, you're able to see feet for distance & altitude?
2023-11-8
Use props
twilloo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63510 ft
  • >>>
United States

I literally hate having to try to figure out what meters is in a short amount of time. Dji please give us Americans imperial units in all settings, we certainly give you alot of money in many ways.
3-12 12:06
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

twilloo Posted at 3-12 12:06
I literally hate having to try to figure out what meters is in a short amount of time. Dji please give us Americans imperial units in all settings, we certainly give you alot of money in many ways.

I understand the inconvenience. We are actively submitting your feedback to the relevant team. Thank you for your patience.
3-12 21:49
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules