Photo enhancement feature - what is going on?
748 15 2023-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steph Jant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152329 ft
United Kingdom

Although this is a new discussion, it relates to a thread I posted a few weeks ago about the Mini 4 Pro.  I was convinced that the Mini 3 Pro had a photo enhancement feature and I couldn’t understand why it was removed from the Mini 4 Pro.  

I got a reply from DJI Paladin who said (and I quote): “currently, the Enhanced Photo function for the DJI Fly app only supports photos taken with DJI Mini and DJI Mini 2. Photos taken with other models are unable to be optimized”.

This made me feel like a bit of a fool and so I forgot all about it.

However, today I was testing something out with my Mini 3 Pro and took a photo indoors.  Within a nano-second of the photo being taken, a message appeared on the RC screen saying that the image was being enhanced.  I assume this was done automatically.

So, before I took another photo, I started a screen recording on my RC and as you can see from the attached screenshot the photo I took was indeed enhanced.

Now I will concede that with the Mini 2 photo adjustments could be applied with the smartphone DJY Fly app, and this feature is not available on the Mini 3 Pro.  But my screen recording proves that some adjustment is being made to photos by the DJI Fly app within the Mini 3 Pro RC.  This begs the question: what enhancements are being made?

M3P RC Screenshot

M3P RC Screenshot
2023-10-27
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

2023-10-27
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

There are many hidden easter eggs inside all these drohnes
2023-10-27
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Space Dream Posted at 10-27 10:45
There are many hidden easter eggs inside all these drohnes

Yes, but when I eat an easter egg I normally know exactly what I am eating and its benefits .  Do you know what enhancements are made to images?
2023-10-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've noticed this message on my RC screen when shooting with the Mini3Pro, each time i shoot still images.
2023-10-27
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Perhaps it should say "saving dual format image" instead... but then people would complain about the time it takes... "Enhancing image quality" does look better...
2023-10-27
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Perhaps its adding the HDR or the saturation, sharpness etc? just guessing mind, the staff will prob have to send this question up the totem pole...
2023-10-27
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

I wonder every time about this message and did not understand why it takes so long until it disappears again

Does the saving take so long or is there really still an internal image enhancement made ?

Would be good someone from DJI would explain this here once exactly

2023-10-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is the HDR being applied to the image.  if you shoot AEB then it's not applied.  
2023-10-28
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 10-28 01:21
This is the HDR being applied to the image.  if you shoot AEB then it's not applied.

Thanks for the information
2023-10-28
Use props
Marcus67
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5852530 ft
Canada

Application of HDR on Mini3Pro . It’s in the instruction manual…
Will not show that message if you change EV value or take pictures while moving
2023-10-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Steph Jant Posted at 10-28 05:33
Thanks for the information

No probs Steph.
2023-10-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Steph Jant. Thank you for reaching out. When SmartPhoto is triggered on DJI Mini 3 Pro, there is a process of photo stacking, during which the "Enhancing image quality..." message is displayed. This is the normal logic of the current version.
2023-11-9
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-9 06:13
Hi, Steph Jant. Thank you for reaching out. When SmartPhoto is triggered on DJI Mini 3 Pro, there is a process of photo stacking, during which the "Enhancing image quality..." message is displayed. This is the normal logic of the current version.

Thanks for letting me know
2023-11-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Steph Jant Posted at 11-9 07:05
Thanks for letting me know

You're welcome, Steph Jant. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us again.
2023-11-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Never realized this. Thanks!
2023-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now