930 8 2023-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arnie R
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80958 ft
United States

Hi,
New DJI Mini 3 owner here as my previous Spark now resides at the bottom of the large pond out back. Anyway, today was my first flight outside - the prior flights being indoors for testing.

Regarding the addition of accessories, such as propellor guards, does that limit the height and distance that one can fly? I noticed that it stopped flying any higher and further plus receiving a warning on the screen regarding something about the weight.  Without the guards, it flew normally.

Can this be changed in any way or is it permanently programmed to limit the drone's height/distance with added accessories?

Thanks
2023-10-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Your Mini 3 is a low-power, lightweight drone and loading it up will affect performance.

Page 48 in your manual says:
If accessories such as the propeller guard are mounted to the aircraft, it is recommended to enable Payload mode for enhanced safety.
After takeoff, Payload mode is enabled automatically if a payload is detected.
The flight performance will be reduced accordingly when flying with any payload.  
Note that the max service ceiling above sea level is 1,500 m and the max flight speed and flight range are limited when Payload mode is enabled.
2023-10-27
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its permenant, you cannot adjust it. You shouldnt need them outside, especially if its windy, if youre a nervous flyer, just stay well away from obstacles, keep OA turned on an dont fly in sports mode as that turns off OA, get used to it first
2023-10-27
Use props
Arnie R
Second Officer
United States

I was aware that any extra weight might affect overall performance in some manner. However, my manual states that the addition of a propellor guard will reduce the ceiling from 4,000 m to 1,500 m. Mine stopped somewhere just above 90 feet and wouldn’t move out of a 100 foot circle. Remote kept beeping and telling me something about the payload.

Just wondering if this is somehow hard-wired into the system or if I am neglecting to change something in the settings.
2023-10-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Arnie R Posted at 10-27 18:21
I was aware that any extra weight might affect overall performance in some manner. However, my manual states that the addition of a propellor guard will reduce the ceiling from 4,000 m to 1,500 m. Mine stopped somewhere just above 90 feet and wouldn’t move out of a 100 foot circle. Remote kept beeping and telling me something about the payload.

Just wondering if this is somehow hard-wired into the system or if I am neglecting to change something in the settings.

The 400m to 1500m thing refers to the approximate maximum heights above sea level and is a different limitation to the range and height limits you are encountering.
There maybe a payload switch available to you, possibly in the advanced section of the safety menu, but whether or not you can switch it off when carrying weight I do not know.
2023-10-27
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

Arnie R Posted at 10-27 18:21

It sounds like you are not logged into the app. Those limitations are in place when logged out. If you are logged in, then log out, and log back in again.
2023-10-28
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

There's some interesting feedback on the forum here:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-288684-1-1.html
2023-10-28
Use props
Arnie R
Second Officer
United States

Thank you for your replies. I shall have try your suggestion. Interesting info on that link also.
2023-10-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Arnie R. Thank you for reaching out. If the DJI Mini 3 is used with the propeller guard, there will be limitations on flight altitude and distance. Flight altitude is limited to 30 m and distance is limited to 50 m relative to the Home Point. This cannot be changed or programmed to achieve better flight safety and image transmission performance. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules