Recorded videos drop frame and show frame tearing
478 6 2023-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zirimark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70571 ft
United States

Recently I noticed that the videos recorded by my Mini 3 Pro were dropping frames and glitching for 4k30fps shooting, and I can see obvious frame tearing when recording 4k60fps videos. I am not using D-cinelike and recording format is h.265 (I also tried h.264 and no luck). I am using SanDisk 256GB Extreme V30 A2 card on the drone for recording and speed test software shows 80MB/s writing speed so I don't think it's the sd card issue (I also tried reformatting my sd card).
Interestingly when I compare my recent videos to those recorded last year I found the videos shoot long time ago is much more stable. So I wonder is this caused by the firmware update? I know many nice features were added with firmware update since product release but I wonder is it placing more processing loads on the cpu and causing the glitching? Just would like to know if anyone has similar experience.

2023-10-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Test filming to the internal storage to rule out your SD card.  Also stick with h264 to rule out your playback equipment.
2023-10-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, zirimark. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please provide us with a sample video for further checking?
2023-11-2
Use props
zirimark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70571 ft
United States

Thanks all for the replies! Actually I found out the problem was my PC and the old recordings weren't that smooth either
I have a NVidia RTX3080 desktop + PotPlayer so I never think of this being a problem. I tried to play the same video files on my ipad/iphone they all ran smoothly!
For anyone having similar issue this could be one solution: try on different device/players and see if it works.
P.S. In the end I found that I need to set my "Vertical Sync" to "On" under "Manage 3D setting" of the NVidia Control Panel, and now I can play the files smoothly on PC.
2023-11-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

zirimark Posted at 11-5 17:09
Thanks all for the replies! Actually I found out the problem was my PC and the old recordings weren't that smooth either
I have a NVidia RTX3080 desktop + PotPlayer so I never think of this being a problem. I tried to play the same video files on my ipad/iphone they all ran smoothly!
For anyone having similar issue this could be one solution: try on different device/players and see if it works.

Hi, zirimark. Thank you for the update. We're glad that there were no issues with the recorded videos. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us again.
2023-11-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

zirimark Posted at 11-5 17:09
I have a NVidia RTX3080 desktop + PotPlayer so I never think of this being a problem. I tried to play the same video files on my ipad/iphone they all ran smoothly!
For anyone having similar issue this could be one solution: try on different device/players and see if it works.

Thanks for sharing!
2023-12-14
Use props
djiuser_xk5PdX1sbhlS
lvl.1
United States

Very good tip!  Thanks for sharing.
2023-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules