Maps
783 4 2023-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hexter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86335 ft
United States

The maps download on the RC2 is outdated, OLD and not current.  Plus the image is not clear at all AND the RC2 does not use google API to access current maps.  This is a map I just downloaded of my home.   It's an old map because it shows a lot where my house was built, and that was 3 years ago.   
This is very bad.   How can I get current and legible maps?   Please not how bad this is

Poor map

Poor map
2023-10-28
Use props
Hexter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86335 ft
United States

DJI:  one of your customers posted a review of the RC2 on Amazon and it’s getting a lot of attention.   The author (and owner of an RC2) states

“ The maps are no longer high resolution satellite maps from my phone, but low-res standard very aged and outdated maps, and I don't see a way to choose the upgraded maps. I'll pay for a better offline map. Just add $10 or $20 to the bill, but give me good maps.”

He wrote it much clearer than my post above.  Outdated maps.   Not good
2023-10-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Hexter. We understand the inconvenience. The Maptiler is used on devices that do not support Google services. We do notice the issue that the Maptiler has lower satellite accuracy in some countries, our relevant team is working on this issue as well, thanks for your feedback, this will help us to improve this service quality and optimize this issue in the future App version. Please visit the DJI official website for news and updates.
2023-10-29
Use props
djiuser_oUiRjJyh648y
New
Flight distance : 5679 ft

Ecuador

El mapa base del Dji fly en rc2 es antiguo y de mala calidad y no permite acercamiento, no es como el Google maps ,la foto satelital  tomada del rc2 que adjunto es de hace más de 7 años
4-1 18:12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_oUiRjJyh648y Posted at 4-1 18:12
El mapa base del Dji fly en rc2 es antiguo y de mala calidad y no permite acercamiento, no es como el Google maps ,la foto satelital  tomada del rc2 que adjunto es de hace más de 7 años

Hi there. We understand the inconvenience. The relevant team is already working towards the resolution. We appreciate your feedback and assure you that this will reach them. Thank you for your patience.
4-1 21:39
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules