Error Code: 80004, Midflight disconnect
1031 8 2023-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dronytech
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34432 ft
Panama

After latest update, App fails to detect any satelites, 3~5 meters appart and RC is unreachable, Drone forced to go back to Home Point.
Model: Mavic Air 2
App: DJI Fly
App Version: 1.12.2
Cellphone Brand and Model: Huawei P30
EMUI Version: 10.1.0
Android Version: 10
Aircraft Firmware: 01.01.1600
RC Firmware: 04.11.0200
Desktop App: DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)
Desktop App Version: 2.1.20

Full Battery on ALL DEVICES (RC and DRONE)

Everything works fine until i get 5 METERS APPART. (Doesn't matter if I point the antenna towards it or not)
HELP!

2023-10-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

The error code 80004 on the DJI Fly application means ( Weak image transmission signal. Adjust antennas).

Have you tried to refresh the firmware using Assistant 2?  
2023-10-29
Use props
dronytech
lvl.1
Panama

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-29 06:47
The error code 80004 on the DJI Fly application means ( Weak image transmission signal. Adjust antennas).

Have you tried to refresh the firmware using Assistant 2?

I have done that process twice now. Not because of the suggestion, but because I Googled the meaning of the Error Code and try my best to solve it.
I refreshed the RC & the Aircraft Firmware both; using the internet connection of my phone while connected to my RC and using the App (DJI Assistant 2) on my Desktop.
On both devices; twice.
My logic tells me that after the update they stop working so it should be a firmware issue but I have no way to verify that because I cannot go back on a previous Update.
Next in line of action is check inside the RC the cabling of the antenna and guess, but I'm reluctant because it was working fine before.
2023-11-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

dronytech Posted at 11-3 12:22
I have done that process twice now. Not because of the suggestion, but because I Googled the meaning of the Error Code and try my best to solve it.
I refreshed the RC & the Aircraft Firmware both; using the internet connection of my phone while connected to my RC and using the App (DJI Assistant 2) on my Desktop.
On both devices; twice.

I had a firmware fail on my original Air 2 and had to send it in.  Once DJI received it they replaced it and it only cost me $75.  
2023-11-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Sorry about the experience. Do you still get the issue even when flying to a different location?
2023-11-6
Use props
djiuser_qF9rQRaAEDL7
lvl.1

Colombia

Were any fixes found for this? I am having the same issue, and, of course, DJI tech support says this is not a common issue and I need to send it in at my expense because it is out of warranty. I have less than a couple of hours of flight time and the drone/controller is not damaged. This seems like a defect that DJI doesn't want to take responsibility for.
1-1 13:22
Use props
djiuser_qF9rQRaAEDL7
lvl.1

Colombia

Were any fixes found for this? I am having the same issue, and, of course, DJI tech support says this is not a common issue and I need to send it in at my expense because it is out of warranty. I have less than a couple of hours of flight time and the drone/controller is not damaged. This seems like a defect that DJI doesn't want to take responsibility for.
1-1 13:23
Use props
dronytech
lvl.1
Panama

Update.

I originally let the time pass for an update or interchanging locations to see if that has an effect on the incident; and to my surprise, it is completely irrelevant.
Yet again, I try Updating both devices (Drone and Controller) through my Desktop app and my mobile app twice and to no avail.
This is the most frustrating thing I have encounter. Customer service is non responsive and I can't sell it because the problem is just going to fall on the hands of another human.
3-26 15:40
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

dronytech Posted at 3-26 15:40
Update.

I originally let the time pass for an update or interchanging locations to see if that has an effect on the incident; and to my surprise, it is completely irrelevant.

Hi there. Sorry if you are still experiencing troubles with your drone. I will forward this issue to the relevant team for checking. Will it be fine if you send us a video showing the image transmission in the app (the video should reflect the flight environment and the image transmission channel page that shows the interference) We also need the Fight controller data (The data of this flight), Remote controller log, and the App log.
Here are the procedures for getting the files:
1. Exporting Flight Controller Aircraft Data
(1)  Launch DJI Assistant 2. Within 20 seconds after the aircraft is powered on, connect it to DJI Assistant 2.
(2) After DJI Assistant 2 recognizes the aircraft, choose "Log Export", and then click "Save to local".
(3) The final exported data are ".dat" files.
2. Flight Record and Simplified Data Export
Android device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, the path is as follows: internal storage/Android/data/dji.go.v5/files/FlightRecord (The path of the version before DJI Fly App V1.4.12 is DJI>dji.go.v5>FlightRecord), and then export the "flightrecord" folder.
iOS device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, open iTunes, and then export all data under the "flightrecord" folder.
3. App Log Export
Please reboot the mobile device before exporting the app log.
Android device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, the path is as follows: internal storage/Android/data/dji.go.v5/files/LOG (The path of the version before DJI Fly App V1.4.12 is DJI>dji.go.v5>LOG), and then export the data in the "LOG" folder.
iOS device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, open iTunes, and then export all data under the "Logs" folder.
You can upload the files to Google Drive and send us the link. Thank you for your patience.
3-27 00:28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules