12Next >
7156 67 2023-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Graviton
lvl.1
Flight distance : 554259 ft
Australia

Hi I have the Osmo 3 for 2 days, and origninally was shooting in Normol color no noticable issues, when I switch to D-Log M, and editing in Davanci Resolve I see these artifacts through the video at random times.

It does not matter whether I apply the Osmo 3 LUT or  just load the footage, the artifacts appear in the the exact same place in the timeline. I have unuseble footage. See the link below of what I captured today, snippets of the timeline showing some of the artifacts, its through the total number of clips. I have the lastest firmware of this morning before heading out for a walk to test the camera.

Has anyone experienced this? What is the solution?

Firmware version 01.01.08.50
Camera Firmware Version 10.00.10.20
Gimbal Firmware Version 01.00.13.65

2023-10-29
Use props
KARL PIET
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

I have DR version 18.1 build 16. With this there are no problems with D-LOG files from the Pocket3
2023-10-29
Use props
Graviton
lvl.1
Australia

KARL PIET Posted at 10-29 04:48
I have DR version 18.1 build 16. With this there are no problems with D-LOG files from the Pocket3

Hi Karl,

I have the also the same version of DR and all drivers are up to date.

I have factory reset the OSMO and formatted the SD card, after further testing today still getting the same issue.

This is super annoying to say the least, I am inclined to think that I may have a faulty unit as no one seems to be experiencing the same problem.  My Osmo is now about 3-4 days old. Not a good start and I like the Osmo.
2023-10-29
Use props
ryguyMN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17480 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting. I'll have to do some testing with D-Log M on my Pocket 3 to see if get similar results. I do use DaVinci as well.
2023-10-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Our engineers are interested in the issue. Would you please upload the original footage to a cloud drive and share it with us? Also, please tell us the version of the Davinci Resolve you used.  Thank you in advance.
2023-10-29
Use props
Graviton
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-29 22:59
Hello, there. Our engineers are interested in the issue. Would you please upload the original footage to a cloud drive and share it with us? Also, please tell us the version of the Davinci Resolve you used.  Thank you in advance.

Hi DJI Wanda,

I have a support ticket with DJI and have emailed them the footage and relevant information, version of Davinci Resolve is the latest version 18.6.2 Build 2
2023-10-29
Use props
Graviton
lvl.1
Australia

ryguyMN Posted at 10-29 18:22
Interesting. I'll have to do some testing with D-Log M on my Pocket 3 to see if get similar results. I do use DaVinci as well.

Hi ryguyMN,

I would be very interested to know your results, FYI if I play the footage in VLC I do not see the issue.

But in Davinci is evident down to the frame level, with exact pixel distortion pattern at the same point in the timeline, which leads to me to assume its encoded like this, not some random pattern. The pattern is exactly  the same in the same frame, scrubbing back and forth.
2023-10-29
Use props
Graviton
lvl.1
Australia

Also I have not noticed this in 'Normal Mode' recording just D-Log M and I have not tried in HLG mode. It's in the evening now, I would like to film a brighter sky as it's  more evident, although it appears in darker scenes. I will try HLG tomorrow.
2023-10-29
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Graviton Posted at 10-29 23:13
Hi DJI Wanda,

I have a support ticket with DJI and have emailed them the footage and relevant information, version of Davinci Resolve is the latest version 18.6.2 Build 2

Thanks. I found it. I will forward it to them.
2023-10-30
Use props
Graviton
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-30 00:02
Thanks. I found it. I will forward it to them.

Awesome!
2023-10-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

No worries. If there are any updates, we will tell you.
2023-10-30
Use props
Graviton
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-30 00:20
No worries. If there are any updates, we will tell you.

Very much appreciated, I love this camera and want/need a resolution. Thanks Wanda.

Carlos
2023-10-30
Use props
djiuser_TjahXgL4osTB
lvl.2
South Korea

The same symptoms occur with OSMO ACTION 4.
Watch after 11:23 of This video.
So far, what I've checked is that it only occurs in the setting of the DLOG M, a little low light situation, and in the Da Vinci Resolve.

2023-10-30
Use props
Graviton
lvl.1
Australia

djiuser_TjahXgL4osTB Posted at 10-30 00:51
The same symptoms occur with OSMO ACTION 4.
Watch after 11:23 of This video.
So far, what I've checked is that it only occurs in the setting of the DLOG M, a little low light situation, and in the Da Vinci Resolve.

Very interesting, I thought it was just me and my camera! Mine was like this 3 days ago on first update, when with mimo it updated firmware for first use. After the next and latest firmware update it got much worse. Your camera is different to mine, but same issue.

Carlos
2023-10-30
Use props
djiuser_TjahXgL4osTB
lvl.2
South Korea

Graviton Posted at 10-30 01:00
Very interesting, I thought it was just me and my camera! Mine was like this 3 days ago on first update, when with mimo it updated firmware for first use. After the next and latest firmware update it got much worse. Your camera is different to mine, but same issue.

Carlos

I'm also interested that Pocket 3 has the same symptoms.
This is a symptom that often occurs after purchasing Action 4.
The only workaround right now is to re-encode that clip to H.264 using another editing program or MIMO app and then use it again in Da Vinci Resolve.
2023-10-30
Use props
ryguyMN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Graviton Posted at 10-29 23:18
Hi ryguyMN,

I would be very interested to know your results, FYI if I play the footage in VLC I do not see the issue.

Ok, good to know. Sounds more like a firmware issue than hardware if VLC playback is ok, which would be a relief that it is fixable without having to send the unit in for repair.

Hope to run some footage through the editor tonight. Just got my Pocket 3 on Friday and didn't get a chance to play around with it during the weekend.
2023-10-30
Use props
ryguyMN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hi Graviton,

I wasn't able to duplicate the issue you are having. I shot some sample D-LOG M footage of my dog sleeping underneath a table for about two minutes in a low light setting (not the most interesting video, so didn't post it). I applied the Mini 4 Pro LUT to the footage instead to try another variable and did some basic color correction. I didn't have any issues with the rendered video in H.265 format.
2023-10-30
Use props
Graviton
lvl.1
Australia

ryguyMN Posted at 10-30 06:07
Ok, good to know. Sounds more like a firmware issue than hardware if VLC playback is ok, which would be a relief that it is fixable without having to send the unit in for repair.

Hope to run some footage through the editor tonight. Just got my Pocket 3 on Friday and didn't get a chance to play around with it during the weekend.

Hi ryguyMN,

I have tried reencoding to AV1 10bit and yes it does work! Thanks for this information! I am now able to edit in Davinci Resolve.

Issue I find is that that extra step of encoding will decrease the quality of the final output video plus the extra time and effort and storage space. Secondly I am not convinced its a firmware issue, others are saying that it does not happen on their system, a codec is a codec and should perform the same on the same version of software. But I have managed to save my footage.

I just do not seem to have clarity on the issue, why is Normal mode accepted into Davinci Resolve and not 10bt D-Log M?????
2023-10-30
Use props
Graviton
lvl.1
Australia

ryguyMN Posted at 10-30 20:20
Hi Graviton,

I wasn't able to duplicate the issue you are having. I shot some sample D-LOG M footage of my dog sleeping underneath a table for about two minutes in a low light setting (not the most interesting video, so didn't post it). I applied the Mini 4 Pro LUT to the footage instead to try another variable and did some basic color correction. I didn't have any issues with the rendered video in H.265 format.

Hi,

Are you loading the D-Log M without conversion?
2023-10-30
Use props
Graviton
lvl.1
Australia

It's come to my attention that Davinci Resolve free version does not support h.265 in 10bit, I may need the Studio  Version.
2023-10-30
Use props
ryguyMN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Graviton Posted at 10-30 22:24
Hi,

Are you loading the D-Log M without conversion?

That's correct. No conversion.
2023-10-31
Use props
ryguyMN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Graviton Posted at 10-30 22:37
It's come to my attention that Davinci Resolve free version does not support h.265 in 10bit, I may need the Studio  Version.

If you are on a Windows PC, paying for the HEVC codec plug-in from the Windows Store may fix the issue. I do use the Studio version of Resolve so I haven't run into this hiccup, but I know other users that have run into issues with 10-bit video and the free version of Davinci Resolve so that is likely the issue here.
2023-10-31
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

Graviton Posted at 10-30 22:37

Didn't know that. I quit using the free version because it doesn't use the GPU for rendering, leading to very long rendering times on my laptop. I didn't want to pay the steep purchase price so I switched to LumaFusion on my 12.9" M1 iPad Pro - it renders 6X faster.
2023-10-31
Use props
ryguyMN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DaveSp Posted at 10-31 10:59
Didn't know that. I quit using the free version because it doesn't use the GPU for rendering, leading to very long rendering times on my laptop. I didn't want to pay the steep purchase price so I switched to LumaFusion on my 12.9" M1 iPad Pro - it renders 6X faster.

That was the big reason why I got the Studio version - to take advantage of the GPU hardware and 10-bit video processing.
2023-10-31
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

ryguyMN Posted at 10-31 11:47
That was the big reason why I got the Studio version - to take advantage of the GPU hardware and 10-bit video processing.

I'll have to consider doing that now that I've done a huge upgrade to my video gear - from Pocket 1 to Pocket 3 and GoPro Hero 4 to Osmo Action 4.
2023-10-31
Use props
Graviton
lvl.1
Australia

DaveSp Posted at 10-31 12:27
I'll have to consider doing that now that I've done a huge upgrade to my video gear - from Pocket 1 to Pocket 3 and GoPro Hero 4 to Osmo Action 4.

Hi Dave,

Yeah its was news to me about Davinci Resolve, I posted this a few days ago and no one mentioned or seemed to know about the 10bit.

I really like and am happy with the Osmo 3, and happy that no issue with my unit, just a lack of understanding on my part about codecs and formats and software compatibility. Thanks for the contributions and input on this post and hope that it helps someone in their learnings.
2023-10-31
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

Graviton Posted at 10-31 15:37
Hi Dave,

Yeah its was news to me about Davinci Resolve, I posted this a few days ago and no one mentioned or seemed to know about the 10bit.

Fun stuff, huh? I must confess here - I'm a 70-year-old retired s/w & h/w engineer and these are toys for me. My action days - and I had more than a few that I wish these had been available for - are mostly behind me.  But what the hay, I'll make the most of them I can while I can.
2023-10-31
Use props
djiuser_8oEBoSY807kQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20787 ft
United Kingdom

I've been having the exact same issue, and glad I read through this thread.  So I went and got Resolve Studio - and had exactly the same issue!  It doesn't happen in VLC, so the files are ok.  It doesn't happen on the media page before importing.  Import it into the media pool and it happens again.  The right half of the screen has weird colours and artifacts. No import LUT, doesn't matter what colour space I chose.  But... apart from one clip, all the problems show up when the Pocket 3 is in selfie.  If gimbal facing forwards, it doesn't happen, except in that one clip.  I just can't get my head around this.
2023-11-11
Use props
fans6f8670ad
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Is it only in Resolve?  anyone tried same clip in Premiere Pro?  I have Premiere if you want to link the clip and I can try it.
2023-11-11
Use props
Graviton
lvl.1
Australia

fans6f8670ad Posted at 11-11 10:04
Is it only in Resolve?  anyone tried same clip in Premiere Pro?  I have Premiere if you want to link the clip and I can try it.

There is no issue with the OSMO 3, it turns out that because it records in 10bit color, the application must support 10bit color. My issue was using the free version of Davinci Resolve, the Studio version  (I have this now) supports 10bit and works great.

If you have this issue just convert the video to an appropriate codec for your software

I wish I had known this earlier!
2023-11-11
Use props
brusa69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3362251 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Interesting... this should be an issue on Windows...
i used davinci free on Mac with Mavic 3 classic, even 10bit HLG , and never had issues
2023-11-12
Use props
Digital i Photo UK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20787 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_8oEBoSY807kQ Posted at 11-11 07:19
I've been having the exact same issue, and glad I read through this thread.  So I went and got Resolve Studio - and had exactly the same issue!  It doesn't happen in VLC, so the files are ok.  It doesn't happen on the media page before importing.  Import it into the media pool and it happens again.  The right half of the screen has weird colours and artifacts. No import LUT, doesn't matter what colour space I chose.  But... apart from one clip, all the problems show up when the Pocket 3 is in selfie.  If gimbal facing forwards, it doesn't happen, except in that one clip.  I just can't get my head around this.

After some further experimentation, these artifacts only appear when I connect the POcket 3 to the PC by cable and transfer the files.  If I remove the SD card and insert that in the PC - no artifacts!  Still only on selfie orientation though.  Weird!
2023-11-13
Use props
viper2440880
New

Australia

Hi Guys, I'm very sorry for posting it here, but for some reason, newly registered users are not allowed to make a new thread, and this is the closest topic I can find about my problem. My question is about the color management setting on Davinci Resolve with videos shot on HLG color profile on the pocket 3. So basically, I just want to have the best quality video without manual color grading done, and I just want to check if my settings are correct.

color science: Davinci YRGB color managed
color processing mode: HDR Rec.2020 HLG
output color space: Rec.2020 ST2084 1000 nits
HDR mastering: 1000 nits
HDR 10+ enabled

Thank you very much!
2023-11-14
Use props
nightlight
lvl.2
Czechia

Hello Graviton,
I have basically the same issue on my Pocket 3 after I started to use the D-Log M color profile. I hope this gets fixed in the future firmware update soon.
2023-11-26
Use props
ryguyMN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

nightlight Posted at 11-26 13:30
Hello Graviton,
I have basically the same issue on my Pocket 3 after I started to use the D-Log M color profile. I hope this gets fixed in the future firmware update soon.

It’s not a firmware issue with the Pocket 3. It’s with the DaVinci editing software and the free version not supporting 10-bit color.
2023-11-26
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

ryguyMN Posted at 11-26 13:42
It’s not a firmware issue with the Pocket 3. It’s with the DaVinci editing software and the free version not supporting 10-bit color.

Have you had any experience with the paid iPad version?
2023-11-26
Use props
ryguyMN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DaveSp Posted at 11-26 14:21
Have you had any experience with the paid iPad version?

No. Just desktop.
2023-11-26
Use props
nightlight
lvl.2
Czechia

ryguyMN Posted at 11-26 13:42

Thank you, you are right. Seems I need to use Adobe Premiere if I want 10-bit colors, as I'm paying for that one already.
Pity, as DaVinci is more comfortable for me.
2023-12-1
Use props
djiuser_xEvr168zpNjb
lvl.1

United States

ugh

Same issue with me.  Free version of resolve.  I downloaded some 10 bit footage and it doesn't do this.  I also don't get it with 10 bit footage from the pocket 3 in the normal profile.

2023-12-3
Use props
ryguyMN
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

If you want to edit 10-bit in DaVinci, you need the paid Studio version.
2023-12-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules