I am haveing the same problem. Did you find a fix
2023-12-30
Use props
jr19
lvl.1
United States

harvey3733 Posted at 12-30 12:58
I am haveing the same problem. Did you find a fix

You need to use the Studio (paid) version to have support for 10-bit D-Log M.
2023-12-30
Use props
Cuban Dji
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issues on my windows pc, but i tried on a mac with DR and FCP and looks good
1-8 10:32
Use props
ryguyMN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17480 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cuban Dji Posted at 1-8 10:32
I have the same issues on my windows pc, but i tried on a mac with DR and FCP and looks good

Mac also has the built in HEVC codec, whereas in Windows you have to pay the 99 cents in the United States through the Microsoft Store to install the codec in order to playback HEVC files. Seems so petty.

One reason I've switch over to Mac for content creation. Things just work. DJI products and Mac work so seemlessly together.
1-8 13:57
Use props
Mindgem
lvl.1

Sweden

I so glad i found this thread in time because i have this issue on almost every clip with my brand new Osmo pocket 3.
Turns out its NOT the camera hardware bug as I thought and was about to submit it for repair. It's freaking Davinci resolve. I checked all the faulty clips in Premiere now and no issues.

So if you have these strange color shift artifacts in any DJI product, first check your clips in any other editing software other than Davinci.
1-15 15:00
Use props
Mindgem
lvl.1

Sweden

ryguyMN Posted at 2023-10-31 10:54
If you are on a Windows PC, paying for the HEVC codec plug-in from the Windows Store may fix the issue. I do use the Studio version of Resolve so I haven't run into this hiccup, but I know other users that have run into issues with 10-bit video and the free version of Davinci Resolve so that is likely the issue here.

Could you put that in laymans terms. I do have the hvec thingi but what so i need to do with the free version of davinchi resolve?
1-15 15:24
Use props
Mindgem
lvl.1

Sweden

Digital i Photo UK Posted at 2023-11-13 00:40
After some further experimentation, these artifacts only appear when I connect the POcket 3 to the PC by cable and transfer the files.  If I remove the SD card and insert that in the PC - no artifacts!  Still only on selfie orientation though.  Weird!

Thats not where the problem lies. I only use the micro sd in a usb yo the puter plus i read many other constilations of setups in this thread. What is clear is that the problem lies somewhere in davinci. It works on vlc and premiere and that apple editing thing according to ppl here.
1-15 15:26
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Certain setups will hide artifacts better.  But the p3 will never escape artifacting because it has a low bit variable rate that makes it look bad. It's more noticeable with some setups and situations.  This low bit variable bit rate keeps the p3 from overheating.
1-15 18:37
Use props
ryguyMN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17480 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mindgem Posted at 1-15 15:24
Could you put that in laymans terms. I do have the hvec thingi but what so i need to do with the free version of davinchi resolve?
Free version of DaVinci = 8-bit video files only, regardless of you are using HEVC or not.
1-15 18:42
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Get your paid version of resolve version at filecr,
https://filecr.com/windows/davinci-resolve/?id=517804432000

1-17 07:07
Use props
Mindgem
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI have to make a deal with Davinci Resolve to allow us to edit. I't s a deal breaker.
1-27 07:09
Use props
Mindgem
lvl.1

Sweden

this sucks. dji should make a deal with davinci resolve so we can edit in the free version. what a deal breaker.
1-27 08:24
Use props
djiuser_IL0gsPasb73r
New

Russia

this is duplicate message, pls remove it
2-10 08:05
Use props
djiuser_IL0gsPasb73r
New

Russia

I have the same problem on:
firmware 10.03.05.02
camera firmware 10.00.27.10
battery handle 13.02.02.29
gimbal 01.00.13.80

DaVinci 18.6.4/18.6.5

Several days ago the camera works properly in D-Log mode. I want to fix it but dont know how to do it (((
The logs size is 1 Gb so i cant upload archive
UPD: reencoding from H.265 to H.264 before using a DaVince doesnt help too

2-10 08:12
Use props
djiuser_IL0gsPasb73r
New

Russia

This is fixed frame:
2-10 13:27
Use props
djiuser_IL0gsPasb73r
New

Russia

UPD. After buying license version of Studio the artifacts has left.
I'm from russia and I respect copyright. That's why I bought the licensed version, and sent links of pirated versions to complain to the administrators of this forum.
2-10 13:29
Use props
Andr101
lvl.1
Germany

ryguyMN Posted at 2023-10-31 10:54
If you are on a Windows PC, paying for the HEVC codec plug-in from the Windows Store may fix the issue. I do use the Studio version of Resolve so I haven't run into this hiccup, but I know other users that have run into issues with 10-bit video and the free version of Davinci Resolve so that is likely the issue here.

I  bought the HEVC codec from Windows Store but the issue is still present in DaVinci Resolve free.
2-16 12:41
Use props
pottrides
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41171 ft
Germany

It is so weird cause I have bothe the Osmo Action 4 and the Mini 4 Pro and both are recording in D-Log 10 Bit. Before I used GoPro Hero 11 and 12, both recorded in 10 Bit and I never had any problems with the free version of DaVinci Resolve. Since one month some of my clips from the Mini 4 Pro will show these exact image errors. All the other footage from the OA4 is perfectly fine. So I am really not sure if it is a problem of DaVinci free version?!
Bildfehler 1.jpg

Bildfehler 3.jpg
2-19 09:41
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

pottrides Posted at 2-19 09:41
It is so weird cause I have bothe the Osmo Action 4 and the Mini 4 Pro and both are recording in D-Log 10 Bit. Before I used GoPro Hero 11 and 12, both recorded in 10 Bit and I never had any problems with the free version of DaVinci Resolve. Since one month some of my clips from the Mini 4 Pro will show these exact image errors. All the other footage from the OA4 is perfectly fine. So I am really not sure if it is a problem of DaVinci free version?!
[view_image]

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. The free edition of DaVinci Resolve is not fully compatible with 10-bit videos, resulting in the color display issue. Please try switching to DaVinci Resolve Studio. The Adobe Premiere Pro is also compatible with 10-bit videos. Have a nice day.
2-20 01:04
Use props
djiuser_XxxSHWCFqjYo
New
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 2-20 01:04
Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. The free edition of DaVinci Resolve is not fully compatible with 10-bit videos, resulting in the color display issue. Please try switching to DaVinci Resolve Studio. The Adobe Premiere Pro is also compatible with 10-bit videos. Have a nice day.

I do have the paid version of Davinci Resolve and I have the exact same problems as described (artifacts on one half of the screen) on many occasions from the Pocket 3. It is clearly not only a problem of the free version. I hope it can be resolved soon.
3-2 08:37
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_XxxSHWCFqjYo Posted at 3-2 08:37
I do have the paid version of Davinci Resolve and I have the exact same problems as described (artifacts on one half of the screen) on many occasions from the Pocket 3. It is clearly not only a problem of the free version. I hope it can be resolved soon.

Hi there. Have you already tried using a different editing software? And will it be fine if you post a photo showing the issue? Thank you very much.
3-3 03:06
Use props
djiuser_abJnNhsBb1U3
New
Sweden

Mini 4 Pro. Brand new (first use today).
- Video plays fine in VLC without codecs
- Video plays fine in Windows Media Palyer After $1 Codec purcase
- Video not usable in DaVinci Resolve (latest version) without purchased Codec
- Videos have artefacts in DaVinci Resolve with purchased Codec (Microsoft Store Purchase)

Artefacts mainly appears when panning. (Not extensivly tested)
Atrefacts always in the middle of the screen, but moves "jerky" when panning horisontaly.

3-10 08:24
Use props
djiuser_abJnNhsBb1U3
New
Sweden

Allso appears color temperature is inconsistently "jumping" from one frame to another.

Lower image appears much more saturated
3-10 08:30
Use props
werkstrom
New
Sweden

Very clear example
3-10 08:45
Use props
werkstrom
New
Sweden

Link to forum post at Blackmagic

Video Example
3-10 11:34
Use props
djiuser_GNSVZeif5m5A
New

United States

I am experiencing the same issue, I'm not sure if it's a problem with my unit or an issue with Davinci Resolve
3-30 00:42
Use props
djiuser_2WykADcqJSuX
New

Poland

For the record - same here with Pocket 3 and Action 4 (D-log & Davinci free). Problem is not visible in the Davinvci playback window and appears after exporting. Tried changing several export settings - nothing helped. No problem with Pocket 3 HLG files - somehow I thought Action 4 would also have HLG (lame, I know ;)). Honestly I'm used to my Davinci workflow and it would really suck if I had to change the editing tool.  
3-30 08:42
Use props
djiuser_0kk5TGEyU8mp
lvl.1
Romania

Hello . În my case I edit with Capcut and i have some glitch. First in mind was that compression on youtube is nok. Then almost on each video there are similar moments. Here at minute 1:24 is vissible
https://youtu.be/RH1pQZ5pNGg?si=1S1RlpdLvML3Btss

Here is visiblenin the moment of fireworks around minute 16:20

https://youtu.be/tRmUQ-OQEAw?si=Ogz0T-Hl2YNL3y5v

4-23 11:38
Use props
Roberts Lapsevskis
New

United Kingdom

I am having the same problem and I have Davinci Resolve studio version.
5-3 13:59
Use props
Raul Davila
New
United States

Hello, I'm also having this issue
5-6 18:14
Use props
Raul Davila
New
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2023-10-29 22:59
Hello, there. Our engineers are interested in the issue. Would you please upload the original footage to a cloud drive and share it with us? Also, please tell us the version of the Davinci Resolve you used.  Thank you in advance.

Hello Wanda, I'm also having the same issue. Has DJI and Davinci found a resolution for this, I have a lot of good footage lost and I'm frustrated.
5-6 20:25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules