12Next >
6147 69 2023-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hehe2
lvl.3
France

Hi,

I'm creating a dedicated thread for this overheating issue I'm encoutering with my Osmo Pocket 3.

Here are a summary of all my tests results over the past three days :

4k@60 tests :

- 14 minutes : 4k@60, screen off, no battery handle plugged, wired to the wall brick. (with latest firmware V01.01.850)

- 51 minutes : 4k@60, screen off, no battery handle plugged, *NOT* wired to the wall brick   (room temp at about 19 °C)  (*BEST* time I could get at 4k@60)

- 20 minutes : 4k@60, screen off, battery handle plugged,  *NOT* wired to the wall brick   (room temp at about 19 °C)

- 16 minutes : 4k@60, screen off, battery handle plugged,  *NOT* wired to the wall brick (room temp at about 21 °C)

2,7k@60 tests :

- 32 minutes : 2,7k@60, screen off, battery handle plugged, *NOT* wired to the wall brick (room temp at about 19 °C)

1080p@60 tests :

- 71 minutes : 1080p@60, screen off, no battery handle plugged, wired to the wall brick (room temp at about 21 °C)

- 37 minutes : 1080p@60, screen off, battery handle plugged, wired to the brick wall. (room temp at about 21 °C)

So, my conclusions are plain and simple :

There is a *MAJOR* overheating issue with the DJI Osmo Pocket 3.

- You can't even film in 1080@60 for a long period (71 minutes is not long enough, to record a concert for example)

- It's terrible at 4k at moslty "coldish" temperatures (19 °C up to 21 °C)

- It's not great at all at 2,7k

The most impactful thing on the failure time seems to be the presence of the battery pack and fact it is charging the OP3.

Please contribute to this thread by providing your own results so that we can have a better understanding of the whole "overheating issue" picture.

Thanks for your help.

2023-10-29
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Hello,
I also did this.

I add my report to your post :

2023-10-29
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

You should check the forum before starting new threads. There are already 2 different threads on this subject and starting a 3rd thread just spread the attention from forum members.

I ran a test on mine indoor last night, still air, Sandisk Extreme 128GB, Ambient temp 73F, 4K/60, HEVC, Color normal for over an hour. unit range from hot to warm overall with the base of the gimbal connecting to the body being the hottest and uncomfortably hot to the touch.

I just started another test now at ambient 72F with the unit plugged in and so far it's been over 30 mins , I'm planning on letting it run till it runs out on the 128GB

IMG_5062.jpg
2023-10-29
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

Wiz33 Posted at 10-29 12:51
You should check the forum before starting new threads. There are already 2 different threads on this subject and starting a 3rd thread just spread the attention from forum members.
I ran a test on mine indoor, still air, Sandisk Extreme 128GB, Ambient temp 73F, 4K/60, HEVC, Color normal for over an hour. unit range from hot to warm overall with the base of the gimbal connecting to the body being the hottest and uncomfortably hot to the touch.

Well, I didn't see this one when I started mine, it's 20 minutes apart.

Mine is not about the SD card brand/type (which is just another factor but not something that can actually stop the issue, all SD cards lead to overheating eventually which is the proof there's an issue).

Mine is about resolutions (FHD, 2,7k, 4k) to see the numbers other people can get while charging or not, using the battery or not etc.

Maybe those data will help DJI to figure out the problem and fix it with a new firmware.

2023-10-29
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hehe2 Posted at 10-29 13:22
Well, I didn't see this one when I started mine, it's 20 minutes apart.

Mine is not about the SD card brand/type (which is just another factor but not something that can actually stop the issue, all SD cards lead to overheating eventually which is the proof there's an issue).

This is the thread where all kinds of overheating problems were reported and the otehr 2 threads were created over 20 hours ago.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 00364&extra=&page=1
2023-10-29
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hehe2 Posted at 10-29 13:22
Well, I didn't see this one when I started mine, it's 20 minutes apart.

But it seems more and more likely that there a batch of defective product over in Europe.
2023-10-29
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

Wiz33 Posted at 10-29 13:35
But it seems more and more likely that there a batch of defective product over in Europe.

If that's the case, there should be a massive recall/replace action from DJI.

We'll see, but for now it's unusable.
2023-10-29
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hehe2 Posted at 10-29 13:38

It might be just a batch or part of a batch but you might want to wait till a new batch to arrive before doing your exchange. Mine seems to be holding up well even now at 50 mins plugged in. I'll do one more with the battery handle after this if I have time .
2023-10-29
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

hehe2 Posted at 10-29 13:38

What is unnacceptable is also the attitude of sellers. They ignore the problem and give poor aguments.
2023-10-29
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Wiz33 Posted at 10-29 13:35

As usual, we always get the trash
2023-10-29
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic Posted at 10-29 13:41
What is unnacceptable is also the attitude of sellers. They ignore the problem and give poor aguments.

Which retailer did you get it from? did you check with hehe2 and see if you both got it from the same retailer?
2023-10-29
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

Wiz33 Posted at 10-29 13:42
Which retailer did you get it from? did you check with hehe2 and see if you both got it from the same retailer?

We're already chatting and no, we didn't.

I got mine from the DJI Store in Paris "Studio Sport"

Magasin DJI Paris
15 Rue Soufflot
75005 Paris

He got his in Boulogne.

I got mine day 1 (on Tuesday at about 6:15pm, 18h15 CEST) and I already called the French store on Friday morning about this overheating issue. They said I had a 14 days "give back" but since the product box has been opened (which is the only way to test it), I would have to forfeit 20% of the paid price if I want to give it back! (about 140 euros!)

First, I don't want to give it back, I want a replacement unit that can film with no overheating issue for hours as I can do with my OP1.

Secondly, how rude is it to tell your customers they have to lose 20% of the paid price or live with a defective product? I don't even think this is legal.

DJI should do an official statement about those defective units and ask for a call back for replacement.

There will surely be numerous new cases of overheating starting from tomorrow since most of the French retail stores had the OP3 available only since Saturday.

2023-10-29
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hehe2 Posted at 10-29 13:49
We're already chatting and no, we didn't.

I got mine from the DJI Store in Paris "Studio Sport"

I don't know about the consumer protection laws over there but we pretty much gets 30 days free return from any authorised retailer open package or not. Will they exchange it without fee, If so, It might be worth it to exchange for another one.
2023-10-29
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Update

1080P/60fps guess ?

2023-10-29
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Hello all,
I share a Goggle doc spreadsheet for those that have over heat issues.

Pease fill the sheet correctly
https://docs.google.com/spreadsh ... MA/edit?usp=sharing
2023-10-29
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Anyone can edit the file now.
2023-10-29
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Wiz33 Posted at 10-29 14:13
I don't know about the consumer protection laws over there but we pretty much ats 30 free return from any authorised retailer open package or not. Will they exchange it without fee, If so, It might be worth it to exchange for another one.

I just asked my retailer for an exchange.
Wait and see.

For your information, there are laws in France that applies to this case.
"Hidden defect"

Article L211-1
Creation Law 93-949 1993-07-26 annex JORF July 27, 1993
The rules relating to the guarantee of hidden defects in consumer contracts are set by articles 1641 to 1648, first paragraph, of the civil code reproduced below:

"Art. 1641: The seller is bound by the guarantee for hidden defects in the thing sold which make it unfit for the use for which it is intended, or which reduce this use so much that the buyer would not have acquired it or would have given only a lower price if he had known them.

"Art. 1642: The seller is not liable for apparent defects of which the buyer was able to convince himself.

"Art. 1643: He is liable for hidden defects, even if he is not aware of them, unless, in this case, he has stipulated that he will not be obliged to provide any guarantee.

"Art. 1644: In the case of articles 1641 and 1643, the buyer has the choice of returning the thing and having the price refunded or keeping the thing and having part of the price returned as it will be arbitrated by experts.

"Art. 1645: If the seller knew of the defects in the thing, he is liable, in addition to restitution of the price he received, for all damages owed to the buyer.

"Art. 1646: If the seller is unaware of the defects in the thing, he will only be required to return the price and reimburse the buyer for the costs incurred by the sale.

"Art. 1647: If the thing which had defects perished as a result of its poor quality, the loss is for the seller, who will be liable to the buyer for restitution of the price and other compensation explained in the two preceding articles .

“But the loss occurring by fortuitous event will be for the account of the buyer.

"Art. 1648, first paragraph: The action resulting from redhibitory defects must be brought by the purchaser, within a short period of time, depending on the nature of the redhibitory defects and the use of the place where the sale was made."
2023-10-30
Use props
Coris
lvl.2
Denmark

Retailer honesty or lawfully attitude against the customers is obviously another problem in this respect. Here is about a position of DJI about a so widely reported issue. If  a forumer is publishing some positive appreciations about the new Pocket 3, then the "administrator" here or an DJI representative it come very quickly out with positive remarks, and nice words. In this thread here (as in another ones), reporting an serious issue of the new product, I cannot see any intervention yet from DJI side. The same silence DJI "policy" was adopted about Pocket 2 so many and same serious issues. This DJI such silence attitude is definitely not a good thing!
If it is about a batch or a part of the new issued on market Pocket 3, with overheating issues, then this is about a defective/wrong component inside those Pocket3 units, and not an firmware issue. An eventual firmware upgrade it may not solve the problem, and then both DJI and its retailers should call back the defective devices. The replacement of those defective Pocket 3 is then the duty of DJI. DJI continuous silence in this respect is not honorable for the company itself, and it affect its reputation. WHERE IS THE DJI ANSWER TO THIS?
2023-10-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

A member of the DJI R&D team says they will look into the overheating issue and get it solved.  His reply is here:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 527&pid=3165858
2023-10-30
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

screen was on at 100% for entirety of test.

I ran a test this AM with my Pocket 3 and ran for 82 minutes before I did a manual shutdown - low battery alert. No overheating though it did feel warm.

The conditions:

SanDisk 512GB Extreme Pro UHS-1 uXDSC U3 A2 V30
4K 60fps video
H.264 format
Mounted on tripod with handle - no battery or external power
No MIMO app
Ambient temp. - 21.7C, indoors

Edit: additional info that screen was on at 100% for entirety of test.
2023-10-30
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

A member of DJI team also noted they aware the overheating issue and take a great concern.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=300364&pid=3166285

They also want people with overheating issue to contact them so they can help.
2023-10-30
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

From what some of you are reporting. If you're getting overheat within minutes or under an hour at low ambient temp. Your unit is defective and there's nothing they can do via firmware update. I would seek to exchange your unit within the return period and hopefully from a different production batch. The fact is that the unit should operate as long as you have battery power available in average ambient temp in all recording mode (since there is no warning limitation in any official document.
2023-10-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. Measured with the touchscreen turned off and Wi-Fi disabled, in a windless environment at a room temperature of 25 ℃, when recording 4K videos at 60 fps, the Pocket 3's operating time can be up to 118 minutes until the battery is depleted. When recording 1080p videos at 24 fps, its operating time can be up to 166 minutes until the battery is depleted.

The max video specification supported by Osmo Pocket 3 is 4K at 120 fps. When recording 4K videos at 120 fps, the operating time of the general version is about 17 minutes (with over-temperature protection enabled), while that of the EU version is 12 minutes (with over-temperature protection enabled). Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-1
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-1 02:17
Hello there. Measured with the touchscreen turned off and Wi-Fi disabled, in a windless environment at a room temperature of 25 ℃, when recording 4K videos at 60 fps, the Pocket 3's operating time can be up to 118 minutes until the battery is depleted. When recording 1080p videos at 24 fps, its operating time can be up to 166 minutes until the battery is depleted.

The max video specification supported by Osmo Pocket 3 is 4K at 120 fps. When recording 4K videos at 120 fps, the operating time of the general version is about 17 minutes (with over-temperature protection enabled), while that of the EU version is 12 minutes (with over-temperature protection enabled). Have a great day ahead.

What do you mean "with over-temperature protection enabled" on the non-EU version? There is no such user-available setting that I am aware of.
2023-11-1
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

(See also the new thread requesting the full table of settings and running times, and endorse the request if you wish).

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=300701

2023-11-1
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

All you will get from these threads is more conflicting views and opinions. Some people are very diligent and test in very scientific conditions others will test in warm or cold room conditions , some may test units that have been running for periods of time and some will have their units stored in warm conditions cool and cold conditions , so you end up getting tests that hugely conflict other tests. Some people may think their units are hot some may think they are warm yet both units could be the same temperature. So it’s very hard to take anything at all from these tests unless all the parameters are the same. It all seems to be all over the place.
Real world use “not testing” will show how this OP3 actually handles what it was designed to do.
Almost nobody bought this to use continuous in 4k60 fps for 100 minutes or 4k 120fps  for 30 minutes, it will also get 99% of its use in hand on the move and also a very large percentage will only ever film in very short clips, so if used this way there will never be any real world complaints or issues for users. So you are probably down to users who may have bought this camera for all the wrong reasons.

I know there will be some waiting in the long grass to complain that every single place and temperature this camera can be used in should have been tested and highlighted and advertised before this unit was sold. This would be unrealistic to say the least.

I think real world usage issues have their place in complaining if this camera fails, IE recording for 12 minutes in 4k 60fps and camera turns off for overheating, this is a real problem and if its not consistent with others usage then it’s likely to be the unit.

I think from what I read real world usage is pretty normal for this camera.
2023-11-1
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-1 08:08
All you will get from these threads is more conflicting views and opinions. Some people are very diligent and test in very scientific conditions others will test in warm or cold room conditions , some may test units that have been running for periods of time and some will have their units stored in warm conditions cool and cold conditions , so you end up getting tests that hugely conflict other tests. Some people may think their units are hot some may think they are warm yet both units could be the same temperature. So it’s very hard to take anything at all from these tests unless all the parameters are the same. It all seems to be all over the place.
Real world use “not testing” will show how this OP3 actually handles what it was designed to do.
Almost nobody bought this to use continuous in 4k60 fps for 100 minutes or 4k 120fps  for 30 minutes, it will also get 99% of its use in hand on the move and also a very large percentage will only ever film in very short clips, so if used this way there will never be any real world complaints or issues for users. So you are probably down to users who may have bought this camera for all the wrong reasons.

Definitely true for me. The 82-minute tripod-mounted test I did has no relationship to how I actually use the device - mainly hand-held videos of a few minutes duration.
2023-11-1
Use props
nordheide21244
lvl.3
Flight distance : 241171 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DaveSp Posted at 10-30 06:42
I ran a test this AM with my Pocket 3 and ran for 82 minutes before I did a manual shutdown - low battery alert. No overheating though it did feel warm.

The conditions:

But not 10-bit! Try it with HLG or 10 Bit in H265
2023-11-1
Use props
nordheide21244
lvl.3
Flight distance : 241171 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Almost nobody bought this to use continuous in 4k60 fps for 100 minutes or 4k 120fps  for 30 minutes, it will also get 99% of its use in hand on the move and also a very large percentage will only ever film in very short clips, so if used this way there will never be any real world complaints or issues for users. So you are probably down to users who may have bought this camera for all the wrong reasons.

I will use my P3 in 4k60, h265 and 10 bit on a tripod as a second camera for about 45 Min.

Hope that this will be possible with a firmware update.
2023-11-1
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

nordheide21244 Posted at 11-1 08:24
I will use my P3 in 4k60, h265 and 10 bit on a tripod as a second camera for about 45 Min.

Hope that this will be possible with a firmware update.

It depends where, if it’s in the desert not likely, on the beach in Norway no problem shooting a Timelapse no problem. I think some slight improvements will come with updates and I think once users start to move away from testing and down to real shooting we will see less of this type of thread.

If mine had problems I would just exercise my warranty but I think things will settle down in short time. I’m pretty happy so far, would like to see some good updates coming over the next while.
2023-11-1
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

nordheide21244 Posted at 11-1 08:20
But not 10-bit! Try it with HLG or 10 Bit in H265

I ran the same test with HLG format but had to truncate it as I had to leave. But I shut it down at 50 minutes with the camera feeling warm but not hot so I'm confident it would have run to an empty battery without an overtemp shutdown.

SanDisk 512GB Extreme Pro UHS-1 uXDSC U3 A2 V30
4K 60fps video
HLG format
Mounted on tripod with handle - no battery or external power
Screen was on at 100% for entirety of test
MIMO app was not connected
Ambient temp. - 21.7C, indoors
2023-11-1
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

Almost nobody bought this to use continuous in 4k60 fps for 100 minutes or 4k 120fps  for 30 minutes, it will also get 99% of its use in hand on the move and also a very large percentage will only ever film in very short clips, so if used this way there will never be any real world complaints or issues for users. So you are probably down to users who may have bought this camera for all the wrong reasons.

This assessment doesn't stand one second in a court.

No restriction is written anywhere about the limitations for filming long videos.

It's even said that using the providing battery handle can give you 60+% of recording time.

Everybody expects that the only factor that can limit the time of recording is either the SD card capacity or the battery running dry.

Nobody expects "OK, if I can film 20 minutes straight and then have to do a 20 minutes break for the camera to cool down, it is fine."

It is *NOT*, if you write on the box and everywhere on your ads that your camera supports 4k@60 with no "asterix"/warnings, it's supposed to run flawlessly. The temperatures range written in the manual is like between 0 °C and 50 °C or something (I can't check because I have packed mine since I got a RMA and it will be sent back tomorrow btw).

Stop telling your customers how they should use your product, fix your product so that it respects both its claimed and written specifications and respect your customers as well.

I own the OP1 and I can film a concert of two hours using a battery pack in 4k@60 with no overheating. That's one of the reasons I purchased it back then (that and also motionlapses).

I can't expect less from the OP3.

2023-11-1
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

hehe2 Posted at 11-1 16:39
This assessment doesn't stand one second in a court.

No restriction is written anywhere about the limitations for filming long videos.

But there's a question though as to why not all devices are experiencing it (mine does not as my tests have shown, as have others). So, are there limitations to document or are there faulty units out there?
2023-11-1
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

DaveSp Posted at 11-1 17:51
But there's a question though as to why not all devices are experiencing it (mine does not as my tests have shown, as have others). So, are there limitations to document or are there faulty units out there?

As a video camera normal video modes should never overheat in the area where it is sold or the device is defective or there is a problem in design of the product. It is that simple.
2023-11-1
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

Aavalaakso Posted at 11-1 23:35
As a video camera normal video modes should never overheat in the area where it is sold or the device is defective or there is a problem in design of the product. It is that simple.

Simple? No, it isn't. Do you know for certain that it occurs only in the EU and not in the US? I am in the US and don't see it. After 82 minutes running, my camera only felt warm, not hot, so I don't believe that it would have reached an overtemp threshold anywhere.
2023-11-2
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

DaveSp Posted at 11-2 00:55
Simple? No, it isn't. Do you know for certain that it occurs only in the EU and not in the US? I am in the US and don't see it. After 82 minutes running, my camera only felt warm, not hot, so I don't believe that it would have reached an overtemp threshold anywhere.

Yes. Like I said here in EU, device is defective or there is a problem in design of the product if it overheats in normal video mode. I have sent my Pocket 3 back because they told me to do so. In normal video mode video camera that is sold in EU must record without overheating.

I do not take a stand on whether the product is defective or poorly designed.

In other topic they confirm it.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 701&pid=3168737
2023-11-2
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

hehe2 Posted at 11-1 16:39
This assessment doesn't stand one second in a court.

I think when I hear people say “it won’t stand up in court” yet they’re not prepared to take it to court says everything about that.

You bought a tiny camera to use for unlimited time recording in very high frame rates,  this also says how little you researched or know about these tiny cameras, almost all these cameras have limited use and almost none of them advertise it, in fact most of them don’t claim any timeframes that can be achieved. And in the case of those who do advertise what their products can do IE drones, cars boats you will find what the say you can achieve is almost unachievable in every case.
Maybe you’ll point out where it says OP3 can be used unlimited in 4k 60fps.

Motion lapse is totally different than using this camera to record in high quality frame rates. And if you cannot achieve what you want in motion lapse I suggest you returning your faulty unit or better still take the court route you have so much faith in because I can tell you now you will never be able to film indoors without moving around for 2 hours in 4k 60fps without the real risk of overheating .

You first need to know what you’re hoping to achieve with this tiny camera and if its unachievable then look for a camera that will get you the results you’re looking for or just use your pocket 1.
2023-11-2
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-2 05:53
I think when I hear people say “it won’t stand up in court” yet they’re not prepared to take it to court says everything about that.

You bought a tiny camera to use for unlimited time recording in very high frame rates,  this also says how little you researched or know about these tiny cameras, almost all these cameras have limited use and almost none of them advertise it, in fact most of them don’t claim any timeframes that can be achieved. And in the case of those who do advertise what their products can do IE drones, cars boats you will find what the say you can achieve is almost unachievable in every case.

"I can tell you now you will never be able to film indoors without moving around for 2 hours in 4k 60fps without the real risk of overheating".

My Pocket 1 and 2 and OA4 do this easily without overheating. I have filmed kids playing numerous times to empty battery indoor on tripod.

DJI told me to send my P3 back for DOA replacement because it overheated. So I sent it. In normal video modes it must record battery to empty in 4k60 under 25C temps indoor without airflow in EU.

If video camera cannot record video the product is not finished. I have seen Pocket 3 cameras overheating after 45mins in time lapse mode outdoor. Defective devices.
2023-11-2
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Coris Posted at 10-30 01:47
Retailer honesty or lawfully attitude against the customers is obviously another problem in this respect. Here is about a position of DJI about a so widely reported issue. If  a forumer is publishing some positive appreciations about the new Pocket 3, then the "administrator" here or an DJI representative it come very quickly out with positive remarks, and nice words. In this thread here (as in another ones), reporting an serious issue of the new product, I cannot see any intervention yet from DJI side. The same silence DJI "policy" was adopted about Pocket 2 so many and same serious issues. This DJI such silence attitude is definitely not a good thing!
If it is about a batch or a part of the new issued on market Pocket 3, with overheating issues, then this is about a defective/wrong component inside those Pocket3 units, and not an firmware issue. An eventual firmware upgrade it may not solve the problem, and then both DJI and its retailers should call back the defective devices. The replacement of those defective Pocket 3 is then the duty of DJI. DJI continuous silence in this respect is not honorable for the company itself, and it affect its reputation. WHERE IS THE DJI ANSWER TO THIS?

It’s very simple dji guarantee to replace all defective products and this includes everything they make. You have a warranty and can use it until it runs out. This is not rocket science and on this forum every single dji product faced exactly the same issues and every single time the were sorted out satisfactorily and they have never been put down to a bad batch thats frankly just rubbish unless you can prove this.
2023-11-2
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Aavalaakso Posted at 11-2 06:14
"I can tell you now you will never be able to film indoors without moving around for 2 hours in 4k 60fps without the real risk of overheating".

My Pocket 1 and 2 and OA4 do this easily without overheating. I have filmed kids playing numerous times to empty battery indoor on tripod.

If you don’t have airflow we all die “thats a fact” with regards to returning your P3 thats why you have a warranty. With regards to buying this camera for using at continuous recording at 4k60fps , thats just bad research although its quality is exceptional. I own a pocket 1/2 and both those cameras were hauled over the coals on this forum for overheating when they were both released and as you’re now saying this is not a problem at all so I expect the same will be said of P3.
If your camera is broke use your warranty thats what its for.
2023-11-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules