Decend rate flaw Motion2 / Avata /Goggles2
392 1 2023-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marcus67
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5852530 ft
Canada

I have motion controller 2, googles 2 and the Avata.

I kept noticing decend rate was inconsistent and went out to try figure out what is going on. Expo on sports mode is set for max vertical speed (around 21kph). During some flights i noticed that my decend speed is around 10.8kph and others is 21kph which was really annoying for the inconsistency and also to give way to other aircraft, 10kph very slow to decend to a safe altitude

Long story short I tested out the Avata on many different situations and discovered that if the infrared detects ground for example 250meters above the pilot, the decend speed below that mark (250m) will slow down to 10kph. The decend rate will be 21kph if the aircraft is above 250m (last known ground detection)

I tried it many times to confirm if ground detection at a certain ALT changes decend rate and everytime it is the same thing. I tried MC2 + Googles2 + Mini3pro and its the same decend rate issue.

DJI, Can you please look into this? From a safety point of view if I am decending to give way to helicopters, 10kph is just way tooo slow. (trying to decend fast, the horizontal speed also goes down) After knowing this issue, I will now fly more horizontally away from possible air traffic which is tough given that flying away in mountainous terrain may at times push my AGL levels high. (flying away from a mountain but unable to decend fast, the AGL will just keep increasing)
Also decending down a ravine on the side of the mountain is alot less exciting as you have to stay above infrared sensor range to avoid slow down of decend rate. (RIP near ground footages)

2023-10-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Marcus67. Sorry about the inconvenience. Rest assured your words will reach our related department to evaluate. We really appreciate your feedback. Have a great day.
2023-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules