MP4 Video file size issue
485 7 2023-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_XK9Wc8NPexoZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 89833 ft
United States

I have a Mini 3 Pro with the RC2 controller that works great. But I wanted to also have FPV, so I bought the Integra goggles and the Motion Controller 2. When flying with the RC2 I set the camera rate at 1080 - 30fps because I want a simple video for reviewing my flight, not making a movie. The file sizes are reasonable. BUT when I use the Integra goggle a 10 second video is 100MB! I set the camera from the goggle menu to 1080 - 60fps because that is as low as I can set it - there is no option for 30fps. The file size is like what a 4K video should be. What am I doing wrong - or is that just the way that it is?

2023-10-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When using the DJI Goggles Integra with the DJI Mini 3 Pro, the below shooting modes are only supported:

a.) Photo: Single shot (12MO resolution)
b.) Video: Normal (4k/60fps, 2.7k/60fps, and 1080p/60fps)

It is normal that 30fps is not available. For more information, you may refer to the link below. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your understanding.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Information_EN.pdf
2023-10-29
Use props
Victorius
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-29 17:36
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. When using the DJI Goggles Integra with the DJI Mini 3 Pro, the below shooting modes are only supported:

a.) Photo: Single shot (12MO resolution)

Thanks for the info and the informative link. If there is a "wish list" I would like to request the ability to take smaller file size videos when flying with the Integra goggles. I just want basic videos that chronicle my my flying experience to share on YouTube with just a few close friends. Maybe I can find some software that can more quickly downsize the files. I am using MicroSoft ClipChamp and it takes an hour to import a 5 minute video!
2023-10-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Victorius Posted at 10-29 18:00
Thanks for the info and the informative link. If there is a "wish list" I would like to request the ability to take smaller file size videos when flying with the Integra goggles. I just want basic videos that chronicle my my flying experience to share on YouTube with just a few close friends. Maybe I can find some software that can more quickly downsize the files. I am using MicroSoft ClipChamp and it takes an hour to import a 5 minute video!

You are most welcome. Rest assured that this feedback will be coordinated with our relevant team as a suggestion. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-10-31
Use props
Victorius
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-31 03:07
You are most welcome. Rest assured that this feedback will be coordinated with our relevant team as a suggestion. Thank you for your valued support.

For anyone else with this issue I wanted to share that I downloaded a video compression software to process my flight videos. There are MANY free solutions available. What I learned is that some are on-line, some are software accelerated, and some hardware accelerated. The hardware option is the fastest. The on-line options are the slowest since the file must upload over the internet. I have found that using the software reduces the size of the file to 1/10th the size with an acceptable level of video loss, that is, I really cannot see a difference (but I am sure that there is.) For the record, I am only taking short non-cinematographic quality videos for fun viewing - not for Imax. ;-)
2023-10-31
Use props
Louis Riel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123563 ft

New Zealand

Victorius Posted at 10-31 03:43
For anyone else with this issue I wanted to share that I downloaded a video compression software to process my flight videos. There are MANY free solutions available. What I learned is that some are on-line, some are software accelerated, and some hardware accelerated. The hardware option is the fastest. The on-line options are the slowest since the file must upload over the internet. I have found that using the software reduces the size of the file to 1/10th the size with an acceptable level of video loss, that is, I really cannot see a difference (but I am sure that there is.) For the record, I am only taking short non-cinematographic quality videos for fun viewing - not for Imax. ;-)

You should find low resolution copies of video recordings on the RC Controller SD Card. DJI has named it "android".
2023-10-31
Use props
Victorius
lvl.1
United States

Louis Riel Posted at 10-31 09:15
You should find low resolution copies of video recordings on the RC Controller SD Card. DJI has named it "android". [view_image]

I am using the Integra goggles as my controller, but, yes, there should be goggle videos that would be much lower res. I will check that out! THANKS.
2023-11-1
Use props
Mavic57Minis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To be deleted.
2023-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now