Can't find files.
901 12 2023-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
calshoots
lvl.2
Canada

Hi all,
I went on a quick little roadtrip this past weekend with some friends and shot some photos/videos just yesterday that I was planning to edit. Little did I know that apparently these files don't actually exist?? I can view them on my smart controller, but when I put my SD card into my macbook, it's not there.

Here's the kicker: so, maybe I accidentally toggled the storage and saved it internally instead. Fine. I plug in my mini 3 pro into my macbook, still can't find it. I try plugging my RC into my macbook, it asks for the SD card to be plugged into the RC - I do that and suddenly there's no connection and still, nothing shows up in my macbook.

Seems like I've tried everything and still can't access my files. There's only been one other time I accidentally toggled and saved into internal storage, but I managed to find that pretty quickly. This time seems different.

Wth is happening, any solutions...? Can't seem to find anything out there.

Thanks.
2023-10-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It shouldn't be that difficult ... and it isn't for those using the other sort of computer.
There are so many Mac users having difficulty with the very basic issue of finding files, that I'd suggest ditching the Mac.
2023-10-29
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 10-29 18:46
It shouldn't be that difficult ... and it isn't for those using the other sort of computer.
There are so many Mac users having difficulty with the very basic issue of finding files, that I'd suggest ditching the Mac.

I agree. Apple still has a bit of work to do in that area
2023-10-29
Use props
calshoots
lvl.2
Canada

Labroides Posted at 10-29 18:46

This is the only time it's ever happened really.
2023-10-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, calshoots. Thank you for reaching out. Please follow the steps below to connect a DJI Consumer drone to a Mac for transmitting footage:

1. Power on the aircraft, and connect the aircraft to Mac using a USB cable.
2. Click “Finder” on the Mac, and the internal storage disk appears in “Locations ” on the left sidebar. Click it to check the footage in the internal storage.
3. The original videos/photos recorded are saved in the DCIM file folder.

Hope this helps.
2023-10-29
Use props
calshoots
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-29 19:19
Hi, calshoots. Thank you for reaching out. Please follow the steps below to connect a DJI Consumer drone to a Mac for transmitting footage:

1. Power on the aircraft, and connect the aircraft to Mac using a USB cable.

Hi there,

Thanks for the response - I've already done that and it doesn't show...that's normally what I'd do but this time the files don't even show. Is there another way to get into internal storage?
2023-10-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

calshoots Posted at 10-29 19:04
This is the only time it's ever happened really.

Every day there are similar posts and they are all from Mac users.
2023-10-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

calshoots Posted at 10-29 19:22
Hi there,

Thanks for the response - I've already done that and it doesn't show...that's normally what I'd do but this time the files don't even show. Is there another way to get into internal storage?

Hello, there. Sorry for the late notice. May I confirm if you're still getting the problem? If so, may we confirm the OS version of your Mac? Would it be possible for you to test with a Windows computer/laptop? Please feel free to keep us posted on the latest progress.
2023-12-7
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810594 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 10-29 20:21
Every day there are similar posts and they are all from Mac users.

This isn’t the fault of Apple users, it is the fault of DJI. Their software hasn’t been updated for the latest Apple OS. Their user software development legs behind their product. As you know, I had the same problem with the brand new Dell laptop. The way I look at it if you sell a product and offer software to use it, it should be current for all operating systems, not everyone uses Windows…
2023-12-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

calshoots Posted at 10-29 19:04
This is the only time it's ever happened really.

Have you tried putting the memory card from the drone into a reader attached to the Mac?
2023-12-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

FL_Flyer Posted at 12-7 03:58
This isn’t the fault of Apple users, it is the fault of DJI. Their software hasn’t been updated for the latest Apple OS. Their user software development legs behind their product. As you know, I had the same problem with the brand new Dell laptop. The way I look at it if you sell a product and offer software to use it, it should be current for all operating systems, not everyone uses Windows…

You wouldn't have this issue with a Dell laptop (unless you are completely inept).
The issue was created by DJI going to long filenames with new models since the Mavic 3 pro back in May.
The new long filenames look like this:
DJI_20231207115428_0068_D.JPG
Apple's default file manager just ignores them.
Windows systems have no problem with them.
With an Apple device you need to use Finder (whatever that is) and it will display the files.
2023-12-7
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810594 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 12-7 17:35
You wouldn't have this issue with a Dell laptop (unless you are completely inept).
The issue was created by DJI going to long filenames with new models since the Mavic 3 pro back in May.
The new long filenames look like this:

If you were versed in operating systems, I would argue credentials with you, but that is fruitless here. DJI Assistant 2 is written for two platforms:

1) Android:  DJI software utilizes MS Visual C++ v2010, while new machines are shipped with v2022.  Major differences between the two. Therefore newer machines have problems with the software.

2) Apple: Apple OS is currently v14.1. DJI offers Assistant 2 which only runs on Apple v10.x or less, therefore Apple devices running anything above that don’t work with it.

When I spend thousands for drone equipment, and the manufacturer provides software to use with it, it is incumbent upon them to provide software capable of running on the current software version for the machines for which they offer the software.

You can sling insults, but you can’t offer any solutions.
2023-12-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

FL_Flyer Posted at 12-7 20:08
If you were versed in operating systems, I would argue credentials with you, but that is fruitless here. DJI Assistant 2 is written for two platforms:

1) Android:  DJI software utilizes MS Visual C++ v2010, while new machines are shipped with v2022.  Major differences between the two. Therefore newer machines have problems with the software.

You can sling insults, but you can’t offer any solutions.
You've  very neatly ignored my previous post and changed the topic.
No-one except you has mentioned DJI Assistant.
If you'd bothered to read my previous post, you might have even noticed that I pointed out the cause of the issue that was complained about as well as providing a solution.

2023-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules