Pocket3: Another day another moon lapse......
432 19 2023-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pocket3: Another day another moon lapse......

Another blue morning this morning and it seemed like a good day to have a practive before the storm gets here and we are all locked in.

Taken with Osmo Pocket 3.

[See My Other Content...]

2023-10-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice moon lapse DA.    Enjoy the day before the storm blows in.
2023-10-30
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Now that's a nice one!
2023-10-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 10-30 04:13
Now that's a nice one!

Cheers Depp.   
2023-10-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice one.
It would be cool to track it for a much longer period of time and try to match the movement of the moon with a motionlapse.
2023-12-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 12-14 00:40
Nice one.
It would be cool to track it for a much longer period of time and try to match the movement of the moon with a motionlapse.

Im too much of a wimp for that,   it's too cold to be standing still in one location for that much time.  
2023-12-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 12-14 01:50
Im too much of a wimp for that,   it's too cold to be standing still in one location for that much time.

Yeah, that is a big factor for me too why these plans are nice on paper, but not in practice.
2023-12-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 12-14 02:00
Yeah, that is a big factor for me too why these plans are nice on paper, but not in practice.

I did think about hiding it I the bushes whilst I was walking and collecting it on the way back,  but so far Im not brave enough for that.  Too much chance of rain.
2023-12-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 12-14 02:29
I did think about hiding it I the bushes whilst I was walking and collecting it on the way back,  but so far Im not brave enough for that.  Too much chance of rain.

Yeah. I do leave it for 3h on the campsite though. But somehow that feels safer than here in NL.
And yes, it got rained upon once.
But not too much.
And the P2 was a lot cheaper than the P3, so that is also a factor.
2023-12-14
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Looks atmospheric

Monty's idea sounds cool, but I understand if one is not willing to leave such an expensive camera unattended for such a long period, due to the chance of weather-caused problems or the risk of somebody stealing it.

I have been thinking of making some kind of a timelapse myself with the Pocket 2, my apartment has a balcony on the third floor and it has windows that can be opened, so it would be relatively safe to leave the camera unattended there even for a longer period of time. But haven't got around to do that yet.
2023-12-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 12-15 07:17
Looks atmospheric

Monty's idea sounds cool, but I understand if one is not willing to leave such an expensive camera unattended for such a long period, due to the chance of weather-caused problems or the risk of somebody stealing it.

I think you definitely need to try that.
2023-12-16
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 12-16 02:05
I think you definitely need to try that.

Would be relatively easy, just need to make sure I got an appropriate time to do that (some point at sunrise or sunset, and in a period of time there won't be too much darkness - we have short daylight hours now and a lot of darkness).
2023-12-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 12-16 07:37
Would be relatively easy, just need to make sure I got an appropriate time to do that (some point at sunrise or sunset, and in a period of time there won't be too much darkness - we have short daylight hours now and a lot of darkness).

Dont forget to charge it,  I just took mine out for sunrise and didnt realise how low the battery was.  
2023-12-18
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 12-18 00:45
Dont forget to charge it,  I just took mine out for sunrise and didnt realise how low the battery was.

I'll bear that in mind. And, possibly, it could be that I actually ought to start it with low battery, as the timelapse probably needs a powerbank to make it through, and if the battery is fully charged, it could be that the powerbank stops charging the Pocket 2 and won't start again after that. What I have found to be a good method for me is to start with the Pocket 2's charge at about 20 percent, then connect the powerbank in a trickle-charge mode. Tried that once and it kept recording so long non-stop I actually stopped it after eight hours had passed and it was still running.
2023-12-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 12-19 10:36
I'll bear that in mind. And, possibly, it could be that I actually ought to start it with low battery, as the timelapse probably needs a powerbank to make it through, and if the battery is fully charged, it could be that the powerbank stops charging the Pocket 2 and won't start again after that. What I have found to be a good method for me is to start with the Pocket 2's charge at about 20 percent, then connect the powerbank in a trickle-charge mode. Tried that once and it kept recording so long non-stop I actually stopped it after eight hours had passed and it was still running.

Is that a quirk of your power bank or a Pocket thing,   something I need to test?
2023-12-20
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 12-20 01:10
Is that a quirk of your power bank or a Pocket thing,   something I need to test?

Not sure if that applies to all powerbanks or if there are some that can detect when it can charge the target device more and recommence it automatically. What I do know is that many powerbanks don't have a trickle charge mode. I think it is essential to make sure it won't charge the Pocket 2 too fast and keeps it running.
2023-12-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 12-20 01:56
Not sure if that applies to all powerbanks or if there are some that can detect when it can charge the target device more and recommence it automatically. What I do know is that many powerbanks don't have a trickle charge mode. I think it is essential to make sure it won't charge the Pocket 2 too fast and keeps it running.

Thanks,  I will have to give mine a test later.   
2023-12-20
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 12-20 02:07
Thanks,  I will have to give mine a test later.

No problem, I hope you get it working
2023-12-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 12-20 02:13
No problem, I hope you get it working

I'll report back later how I get on weather permitting.   
2023-12-20
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 12-20 02:19
I'll report back later how I get on weather permitting.

Take your time, will be interesting to hear about it but no need to hurry with it
2023-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules