Please remove this topic
3879 25 2023-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Killerbee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 64820 ft
Netherlands

Mods, can you please remove this topic. Or at least close it?
2023-10-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Killerbee. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please provide more information about the issue? Are you getting any error messages or is the app crashing?
2023-10-30
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-30 07:59
Hi, Killerbee. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please provide more information about the issue? Are you getting any error messages or is the app crashing?

The app is crashing. I get to see the DJI logo briefly and then I'm back at my phone's homescreen.
I'm using a Samsung S23.
2023-10-30
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Netherlands

Fly app version 1.12.3 doesn't even show the DJI logo. It shuts down almost immediately.
2023-10-30
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 414865 ft
Bulgaria

Guys, you should blame Samsung for the trouble, on Pixel 7 with vanilla Android 14 (ok not exactly vanilla, but let's say less customizations possible) the new update is working flawlessly
2023-11-1
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Netherlands

That may be because DJI optimized the Fly app for the Pixel phones.
There's no blame for Samsung.
2023-11-1
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Netherlands

Got it working!
Problem solved.
2023-11-2
Use props
travelmate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 414865 ft
Bulgaria

Killerbee Posted at 11-1 22:59
That may be because DJI optimized the Fly app for the Pixel phones.
There's no blame for Samsung.

Actually, recent Pixels are not  even in the list of supported phones, DJI makes the app compatible with Android 14, Pixels have the Vanilla 14 without the Samsung's crappy customizations
2023-11-3
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Netherlands

travelmate Posted at 11-3 02:48
Actually, recent Pixels are not  even in the list of supported phones, DJI makes the app compatible with Android 14, Pixels have the Vanilla 14 without the Samsung's crappy customizations

Look, it's fine for you to hate Samsung. But they really aren't the ones to blame.
Fly app is working totally fine now. It was a user error.
2023-11-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Killerbee Posted at 11-2 08:54
Got it working!
Problem solved.

Hi, Killerbee. Sorry for the late response. We're glad that you managed to figure out this issue of yours. Please note that the DJI Fly app is now compatible with the Android 14, just update the app to the latest version to avoid any issues. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-11-5
Use props
BuryBomber
New

Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-5 17:55
Hi, Killerbee. Sorry for the late response. We're glad that you managed to figure out this issue of yours. Please note that the DJI Fly app is now compatible with the Android 14, just update the app to the latest version to avoid any issues. Thank you for your valued support.

Hey,

So I have a brand new Google pixel 8 pro. The latest version of Android 14. The latest Fly app downloaded straight from DJI website. I also recently bought a new controller for the drone. When I connect the controller to the phone it just charges the controller and doesn't read it as a device via the app. In the app it says no RC connected, please connect RC. I have also gone into the phone settings and done the usb debugging process. I still can't get the controller to connect.. Can you help?
2023-11-7
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Netherlands

BuryBomber Posted at 11-7 04:23
Hey,

So I have a brand new Google pixel 8 pro. The latest version of Android 14. The latest Fly app downloaded straight from DJI website. I also recently bought a new controller for the drone. When I connect the controller to the phone it just charges the controller and doesn't read it as a device via the app. In the app it says no RC connected, please connect RC. I have also gone into the phone settings and done the usb debugging process. I still can't get the controller to connect.. Can you help?

Maybe you have to bind it with the drone?
2023-11-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

BuryBomber Posted at 11-7 04:23
Hey,

Hi there. We're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if you already linked the new remote controller to the aircraft? Please visit the user manual of your aircraft to check on how to properly link the remote controller to your aircraft then check if you can now access the DJI Fly app. Please provide us with the exact DJI product you are using so we can attach the user manual of the product. Thank you.
2023-11-9
Use props
djiuser_ND6Yy3zn1vjY
New

United Kingdom

My dji app not working anymore on Android 14, app crash and impossible to fly my drone..
Any update??
2023-11-15
Use props
qalex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 267031 ft
Italy

I have the same issue on my PIXEL 6 with latest update

is there a solution ?

my app crash at the very beginning, it does not even open the splash screen

2023-11-18
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Netherlands

Guys, could you please start a new topic for yourselves, instead of hijacking mine?

Thanks!
2023-11-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

qalex Posted at 11-18 06:32
I have the same issue on my PIXEL 6 with latest update

is there a solution ?

Hello, there. We're sorry for the inconvenience that it may have caused you. Please know that I've sent you a direct message related to this.
2023-11-25
Use props
djiuser_MyX33WfDa9BT
lvl.1

Portugal

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-25 02:44
Hello, there. We're sorry for the inconvenience that it may have caused you. Please know that I've sent you a direct message related to this.

Hi after update fly app keeps crashing
2023-12-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_MyX33WfDa9BT Posted at 12-1 05:46
Hi after update fly app keeps crashing

Hello, there. We're sorry to hear about this situation. May I confirm the model of your device? Please try to uninstall the app but sync your flight records and save files first. I hope to hear from you soon.
2023-12-2
Use props
djiuser_5QcaRhUSW87x
New

United States

Killerbee Posted at 11-2 08:54
Got it working!
Problem solved.

Hi. That's good news. I am suffering with the same symptoms you described. Can you please explain how you solved your issue? Thanks.
2023-12-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_5QcaRhUSW87x Posted at 12-24 21:19
Hi. That's good news. I am suffering with the same symptoms you described. Can you please explain how you solved your issue? Thanks.

Hi, there. Sorry for the trouble that it may cause you. May I ask for the model of your device and the version of the app? I hope to hear from you.
2023-12-25
Use props
djiuser_C3LvydxZl9xO
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Killerbee Posted at 2023-11-2 08:54
Got it working!
Problem solved.

How did you fix it?
1-4 03:14
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Netherlands

For everybody asking how I fixed it: Make sure you use the original DJI Fly app. Not some 3rd party app with FCC hack, like the one Drone-Tweaks.com provides.
I used that, needed the hack for a few occasions, but it didn't work. Contacted the people at Drone-Tweaks and they said they're working on making the app compatible with Android 14. But until then it's best to use the original app. So, after switching back to DJI's app, I could fly again (without FCC signal).
1-4 03:20
Use props
slam_dunk23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27064 ft
France

I'm running Samsung Galaxy S22+. Since upgrading to Android 14, oneui 6.0 the latest official DJI Fly App (1.12.8) doesn't work properly. As soon as I plug the phone into the RC-N1 and switch the RC-N1 on, my telephone flashes a message every 30 seconds saying it has a problem with the charger and that it might be faulty, even before launching the app. The DJI Fly app no longer starts automatically when I connect the phone to the RC-N1 and switch on the RC-N1. When i select the App it opens but it does not connect to the drone. Quick transfer is available in the App but it does not go to fly mode. The error message for the battery charging continues to flash up on the phone whilst the app is running.

I tried disabling fast charging on the Samsung phone but that didn't change anything. My old Samsung phone (A35 5G) with Android 13 works perfectly well, starts the DJI fly app (1.12.8) and connects to the drone, so it's not a cable or RC-N1 issue. It can only be related to the telephone itself. I've tried clearing the cache and re-installing the app but nothing changes. I also tried older versions of the app without any success. Since upgrading to Android 14 the app no longer connects to the drone.

Has anyone had similar issues? How did they resolve it?
3-11 00:54
Use props
Killerbee
lvl.4
Netherlands

slam_dunk23 Posted at 3-11 00:54
I'm running Samsung Galaxy S22+. Since upgrading to Android 14, oneui 6.0 the latest official DJI Fly App (1.12.8) doesn't work properly. As soon as I plug the phone into the RC-N1 and switch the RC-N1 on, my telephone flashes a message every 30 seconds saying it has a problem with the charger and that it might be faulty, even before launching the app. The DJI Fly app no longer starts automatically when I connect the phone to the RC-N1 and switch on the RC-N1. When i select the App it opens but it does not connect to the drone. Quick transfer is available in the App but it does not go to fly mode. The error message for the battery charging continues to flash up on the phone whilst the app is running.

I tried disabling fast charging on the Samsung phone but that didn't change anything. My old Samsung phone (A35 5G) with Android 13 works perfectly well, starts the DJI fly app (1.12.8) and connects to the drone, so it's not a cable or RC-N1 issue. It can only be related to the telephone itself. I've tried clearing the cache and re-installing the app but nothing changes. I also tried older versions of the app without any success. Since upgrading to Android 14 the app no longer connects to the drone.

Could you please start your own topic.
I dont wanna be notified with answers to your problem.

Mods, can you please close this topic?
3-11 01:08
Use props
fans946b94fd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 338701 ft
United States

Killerbee

I had the same issue. App worked fine, upgraded Android, App stopped working. I was using DJI GO 4 V 4.3.54

It would just open and crash immediately.

Resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling from this APK

https://www.dji.com/mobile/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

Here is the link for DJI Fly APK, directly from DJI

https://www.dji.com/mobile/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

Be sure to conpletely uninstall all old versions before installing new
3-24 17:52
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules