457 9 2023-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZZTOPGOLD
New
Flight distance : 4078 ft

United States

Hi all,
I recently flew my Mini 3 Pro (with the RC and all firmware updated, no SD cards inserted) and I was encountering issues with "obstacle detection" when using Quickshots and Mastershots when in a large open field.
The issue is, the drone will start to do the Quickshot or Mastershot, then it would abort saying "obstacle detected" when there were no obstales near.
I would like to note that the Dronie and rocket modes worked, but not the circle or spiral. The mastershot did not work at all. I would also like to note that I kept trying until it started to get a little dark out. At this point, my drone prompted me that it was dark and some safety features were turned off, and then all quickshot and mastershot modes worked.
I am stumped because I have seen the modes work after some safety featues were auto turned off and some modes (dronie, and rocket) work while some of the other don't.
Any help and or advice would be appreciated!!
2023-10-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

I am stumped because I have seen the modes work after some safety featues were auto turned off and some modes (dronie, and rocket) work while some of the other don't.
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Do you mean if you turned off the Obstacle Avoidance, all the modes can work properly?
2023-10-30
Use props
ZZTOPGOLD
New
Flight distance : 4078 ft

United States

I did not turn anything off myself. It started to get dark outside, so my controller gave me a notification that some safety features would not be available, then all the quick shot and master shots worked.
2023-10-31
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ZZTOPGOLD Posted at 10-31 08:09
I did not turn anything off myself. It started to get dark outside, so my controller gave me a notification that some safety features would not be available, then all the quick shot and master shots worked.

May we confirm the issue only occurs in the day? If so, when there is a point light source or strong light source (such as direct emitting or reflection from sunlight or fixed beam), the vision system may only check abnormal exposure and result in distance measurement failure. As such, the vision system may mistake for that the obstacle is huge and close.
2023-10-31
Use props
polygraph
lvl.1
Flight distance : 632405 ft
Czechia

I have the same problem, maybe it came with a software/firmware update. I could do mastershots before.

Any help would be nice!
2-21 09:02
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

polygraph Posted at 2-21 09:02
I have the same problem, maybe it came with a software/firmware update. I could do mastershots before.

Any help would be nice!

Hi there, sorry for any inconvenience caused. May I double-check if it only happens in MasterShots? And what is the current firmware version of your drone? Please try to refresh the latest firmware for the aircraft via DJI Assistant 2 and check again. Look forward to your reply.
2-22 04:07
Use props
polygraph
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2-22 04:07
Hi there, sorry for any inconvenience caused. May I double-check if it only happens in MasterShots? And what is the current firmware version of your drone? Please try to refresh the latest firmware for the aircraft via DJI Assistant 2 and check again. Look forward to your reply.

I noticed it as a problem in the master shots. It also appears, when I want to fly downwards. Then I have to switch to sports mode. Otherwise, it stops when going down or moves only very slow.

Aircraft Firmware: 1.00.0700
2-24 05:55
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

polygraph Posted at 2-24 05:55
I noticed it as a problem in the master shots. It also appears, when I want to fly downwards. Then I have to switch to sports mode. Otherwise, it stops when going down or moves only very slow.

Aircraft Firmware: 1.00.0700

Hi there, may I ask if there is strong light emitting in the direction where a mistaken obstacle detection is reported? When there is a point light source or strong light source (such as direct emitting or reflection from sunlight or fixed beam), the vision system may only check abnormal exposure and result in distance measurement failure. As such, the vision system may mistake for that the obstacle is huge and close.
2-25 01:24
Use props
polygraph
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-25 01:24
Hi there, may I ask if there is strong light emitting in the direction where a mistaken obstacle detection is reported? When there is a point light source or strong light source (such as direct emitting or reflection from sunlight or fixed beam), the vision system may only check abnormal exposure and result in distance measurement failure. As such, the vision system may mistake for that the obstacle is huge and close.

there is no strong light source - it even happens on cloudy weather, no sun, no direct light source hitting any sensor! Also no obstacles are around!
2-25 03:54
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

polygraph Posted at 2-25 03:54
there is no strong light source - it even happens on cloudy weather, no sun, no direct light source hitting any sensor! Also no obstacles are around!

Does the aircraft report an obstacle when flying to a fixed direction? If so, could you please provide us with a sample video for further checking?
2-27 00:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules