DJI Mini 4 Pro SD card shows no photos when connected to iPhone/iPad
1872 10 2023-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChadKlass
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21775 ft

United States

Hello, I've been Googling like crazy for an answer but can't find one that works. I have a 256GB SanDisk card in my Mini Pro 4. After shooting video, I remove the card and plug it into my Mac, in the Photos app, it recognized the card but says "No Photos". Same thing happens when I plug the card into my iPad and my iPhone. I also tried a 128GB card and get the same messages.

BUT ... when I connect the drone to the Fly app on my iPhone, I'm able to see my videos and download them.

I've also plugged an SD card from my Canon camera into my iPhone/iPad/Mac and they all see those photos just fine, so this is limited to the drone and doesn't seem to be a card issue. I'd really appreciate any help with this.

Thanks!
2023-10-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know did you put the SD card into to an Android device? Can it be read?
2023-10-30
Use props
ChadKlass
lvl.2

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-30 20:27
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know did you put the SD card into to an Android device? Can it be read?

Hi Wanda, I don't own an Android device, but have the same results from my Mac, iPhone, and iPad.
2023-10-31
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ChadKlass Posted at 10-31 05:19
Hi Wanda, I don't own an Android device, but have the same results from my Mac, iPhone, and iPad.

If you plug a USB-C cable into the computer via the USB-C port on the aircraft, can the videos and pictures in the SD card be read on the computer?
2023-11-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ChadKlass Posted at 10-31 05:19

After confirming with our engineers, you are advised to enter System-File- SD card -> DCIM to check all the photos and videos when using the SD card reader.
2023-11-2
Use props
ChadKlass
lvl.2

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-2 05:04
After confirming with our engineers, you are advised to enter System-File- SD card -> DCIM to check all the photos and videos when using the SD card reader.

Thank you. Please update your manuals and online material to reflect this fact, that the card cannot be read by the Photos apps on iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
2023-11-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ChadKlass Posted at 11-2 05:32
Thank you. Please update your manuals and online material to reflect this fact, that the card cannot be read by the Photos apps on iPad, iPhone, and Mac.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. The DJI folder and file naming convention we currently use extends the JEITA & CIPA standard DCF naming convention, mainly to facilitate users' material organization and selection by optimizing the user's material presentation sorting, such as

1. Support custom directory/material naming
2. Intuitively distinguish pano, timelapse, hyperlapse, and other advanced function mode materials
3. Added timestamp information directly in the naming
4. Can directly distinguish materials shot by different cameras, such as lenses with different focal lengths.

However, due to the extensive expansion of the DJI folder and file naming conventions, there are a few compatibility issues (such as the Apple camera SD card adapter), so it may not be possible to directly use the system's built-in media library to browse and import materials. If users encounter this kind of problem, it is recommended that the user follow the path above.
2023-11-2
Use props
fans29e9d8b8
New
Flight distance : 1980082 ft
New Zealand

I have same issue and yet this was not the case with the Mini 3 pro so what has changed
2023-12-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fans29e9d8b8 Posted at 12-15 02:25
I have same issue and yet this was not the case with the Mini 3 pro so what has changed

Hello, there. Do you mean the same issue occurs in your DJI Mini3 Pro?
You may try the suggestion above and tell us your feedback.
2023-12-15
Use props
JT-SkyHigh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 319662 ft
Australia

I have the same issue, can’t see any images in Apple photos on my iPad from a mini 4 card, where as the photos on a card from the mini 3 show up straight away.
1-10 03:59
Use props
Lumiga
New

Netherlands

For anyone else encountering this issue. When you connect the Drone with a USB-C to the computer, not one but two drive letters are created. One has an empty folder structure, but the other shows all the photos and videos just fine. Good luck!
3-1 03:57
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules