884 11 2023-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AmazingUser22
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2627959 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I recently bought a dji mavic 3 thermal and I can't track vehicles or anything is there a software that has tracking software?
2023-10-30
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

No. Not only does Pilot 2 not have this, DJI's MSDK v5 doesn't even support it. Here is a quote from DJI DEV on GitHub:

"I would like to inform you that V5 has plans to incorporate ActiveTrack into its system. However, it is important to note that this particular feature has been assigned a lower priority. As a result, we are unable to provide a specific release date at this time. We kindly request that you keep an eye on the release notes for updates regarding the availability of this feature."
2023-10-30
Use props
AmazingUser22
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Johnnokomis Posted at 10-30 20:14
No. Not only does Pilot 2 not have this, DJI's MSDK v5 doesn't even support it. Here is a quote from DJI DEV on GitHub:

"I would like to inform you that V5 has plans to incorporate ActiveTrack into its system. However, it is important to note that this particular feature has been assigned a lower priority. As a result, we are unable to provide a specific release date at this time. We kindly request that you keep an eye on the release notes for updates regarding the availability of this feature."

Yeah it's frustrating since I spent over 10000 aud on this drone and it can't have active track

The autel evo max 4t has a 10x optical zoom and active track so I don't know why dji can't put active tracking into the drones software or something
2023-10-30
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

AmazingUser22 Posted at 10-30 20:47
Yeah it's frustrating since I spent over 10000 aud on this drone and it can't have active track

The autel evo max 4t has a 10x optical zoom and active track so I don't know why dji can't put active tracking into the drones software or something

Believe me I feel your pain, this has been the biggest let down to me. Something that DJI drones have done well for so long on much slower hardware. And now their flagship drone paired with a $1000+ RC can't even focus track or have a spotlight mode. Third party devs also have their hands tied because DJI doesn't even allow for it in the SDK. DJI hardware is steadily improving but their software is going in the opposite direction even faster.
2023-10-31
Use props
AmazingUser22
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Johnnokomis Posted at 10-31 05:18
Believe me I feel your pain, this has been the biggest let down to me. Something that DJI drones have done well for so long on much slower hardware. And now their flagship drone paired with a $1000+ RC can't even focus track or have a spotlight mode. Third party devs also have their hands tied because DJI doesn't even allow for it in the SDK. DJI hardware is steadily improving but their software is going in the opposite direction even faster.

Yeah, hopefully they make an update with smart tracking since the drone is very capable for smart tracking and other intelligent features.
2023-10-31
Use props
AmazingUser22
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Johnnokomis Posted at 10-31 05:18
Believe me I feel your pain, this has been the biggest let down to me. Something that DJI drones have done well for so long on much slower hardware. And now their flagship drone paired with a $1000+ RC can't even focus track or have a spotlight mode. Third party devs also have their hands tied because DJI doesn't even allow for it in the SDK. DJI hardware is steadily improving but their software is going in the opposite direction even faster.

i just watched a video on the autel evo max 4t (10x optical zoom, IR sensor, wide camera and LRF) and the AI features on it are insane
2023-10-31
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

AmazingUser22 Posted at 10-31 07:31
i just watched a video on the autel evo max 4t (10x optical zoom, IR sensor, wide camera and LRF) and the AI features on it are insane

If DJI needs some context here it is. The Spark was released in early 2017 at $500 and had active track. 6+ years later and a drone literally 10x the price can't do it and the SDK has never even heard of it.
2023-10-31
Use props
AmazingUser22
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Johnnokomis Posted at 10-31 20:18
If DJI needs some context here it is. The Spark was released in early 2017 at $500 and had active track. 6+ years later and a drone literally 10x the price can't do it and the SDK has never even heard of it.

Yeah I'm pretty disappointed with the lack of smart features on a enterprise level drone

It has POI, high res grid photo which has lots of errors and doesn't take the correct photos sometimes
2023-10-31
Use props
AmazingUser22
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Johnnokomis Posted at 10-31 20:18
Also dji is going to release another enterprise drone with what looks to be the same camera specs as the dji mavic 3t and most likely it will have some kind of new smart features

images.jpeg
2023-10-31
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

AmazingUser22 Posted at 10-31 21:12
Also dji is going to release another enterprise drone with what looks to be the same camera specs as the dji mavic 3t and most likely it will have some kind of new smart features

The M3E's POI mode is terrible. Just tonight (Halloween) I set a pinpoint on my house to get a nice looking Hyperlapse of trick-or treaters coming and going. It could not keep my home center frame and kept panning off to the side after just a minute or 2. Ruined the shot. Also, if adjusting your radius when orbiting an object as soon as you let go of the sticks it'll move right back to the original radius. Consumer Mavics can track and orbit so well, I don't know why DJI had to go and invent a different system that's terrible when they already had one that worked so well.
2023-10-31
Use props
AmazingUser22
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Johnnokomis Posted at 10-31 21:42
The M3E's POI mode is terrible. Just tonight (Halloween) I set a pinpoint on my house to get a nice looking Hyperlapse of trick-or treaters coming and going. It could not keep my home center frame and kept panning off to the side after just a minute or 2. Ruined the shot. Also, if adjusting your radius when orbiting an object as soon as you let go of the sticks it'll move right back to the original radius. Consumer Mavics can track and orbit so well, I don't know why DJI had to go and invent a different system that's terrible when they already had one that worked so well.

It did the same to me when I set a poi of a tower
2023-11-1
Use props
djiuser_8AivI3C6pIrV
New

United States

Sounds familiar. My $5,000 Mavic 3T won
3-27 17:59
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules