779 37 2023-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20369816 ft
United States

The Rutting Season.

A short film story of white tail deer beginning their mating season.
Buck on Buck fighting action  for the right to mate.
Filmed on my property in Tennessee 10/29/2023 at 7:33 - 7:51 PM with a DJI Mavic3
I am sorry if this film is a little grainy, Its due to recording in very low light conditions, The mavic 3 was still able to capture pretty good footage inspite it being so dark.

Music Machinations  " Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 4.0 License

2023-10-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Loved the sequence you might call "The Changing of the Guard"  (Sun down/Moon up) Great effect.
And the deer rutting for superiority.  
They looked a bit half-hearted, and kept pausing to look your way.
Think they were distracted by the drone?
2023-10-30
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Impressive footage.
2023-10-30
Use props
Clackers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1438999 ft
Japan

Thats very cool footage.
2023-10-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely,   and well captured.  
2023-10-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely captured.    Couple of young bucks for sure.
2023-10-31
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 10-30 22:12
Loved the sequence you might call "The Changing of the Guard"  (Sun down/Moon up) Great effect.
And the deer rutting for superiority.  
They looked a bit half-hearted, and kept pausing to look your way.

Maybe I was about 35 meters,  I thought it was because there were other bucks as well fighting  & the Female deers that were milling around.watching it all.  it was like filming a nature show
2023-10-31
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Depp Posted at 10-30 23:31
Impressive footage.

Thank you very much
2023-10-31
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Clackers Posted at 10-30 23:51
Thats very cool footage.

Thank you very much a rare opportunity for sure
2023-10-31
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-31 00:05
Lovely,   and well captured.

Thank you very much David , I learn by watching y'all
2023-10-31
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-31 02:46
Nicely captured.    Couple of young bucks for sure.

Thank you My friend .  We do seem to have a abundance of wildlife
2023-10-31
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ms Ivy Posted at 10-31 06:19
Maybe I was about 35 meters,  I thought it was because there were other bucks as well fighting  & the Female deers that were milling around.watching it all.  it was like filming a nature show

It would look good on your resumé if you were applying to be a Wildlife videographer  
2023-10-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 10-31 06:21
Thank you My friend .  We do seem to have a abundance of wildlife

You're very welcome.  

I have 150 acres and put a feeder out for the deer on the back of the property and have quite a few from the paw prints I've found.  Going to put up a trail cam so I can get a better count.  I've only spotted two while flying over the property with the drone.
2023-10-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ms Ivy Posted at 10-31 06:21
Thank you very much David , I learn by watching y'all

I think we all do some of that here.
2023-11-1
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5231283 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wonderful capture.
2023-11-1
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 10-31 06:28
It would look good on your resumé if you were applying to be a Wildlife videographer

I have quite a few wild animal videos too
2023-11-1
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Thank you very much
2023-11-1
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-31 06:57
You're very welcome.  

I have 150 acres and put a feeder out for the deer on the back of the property and have quite a few from the paw prints I've found.  Going to put up a trail cam so I can get a better count.  I've only spotted two while flying over the property with the drone.

we have a mere parcel compared to 150 acres ..lol but we are backed up to the national forest. I love hovering around looking for animals. around the property and surrounding mountains
2023-11-1
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5231283 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 11-1 08:43
Thank you very much

You're very welcome.
2023-11-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ms Ivy Posted at 11-1 08:43
I have quite a few wild animal videos too

2023-11-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 11-1 08:46
we have a mere parcel compared to 150 acres ..lol but we are backed up to the national forest. I love hovering around looking for animals. around the property and surrounding mountains

I originally owned bought 75 acres but shortly after me buying the land owner next door passed away and his heirs decided to sell the land.  I heard about it and made a quick offer and they accepted.  So overnight my acreage doubled.  

Within days I had several offers to buy but they were developers and i wanted to keep the land undeveloped so I declined.  They made some crazy high offers but I held fast and said no thanks.

I don't plan on selling any of it as too much of the land has been bought out by investors and then developed on.  I'd like to keep plenty of it from being developed on for as long as I can.  I have a canal alongside the property that gives me a straight shot out to the Atlantic Ocean.  Well, it is a straight shot but about a 40 minute boat ride.  So I have a real mix of wildlife on the property.  
2023-11-1
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-1 14:14
I originally owned bought 75 acres but shortly after me buying the land owner next door passed away and his heirs decided to sell the land.  I heard about it and made a quick offer and they accepted.  So overnight my acreage doubled.  

Within days I had several offers to buy but they were developers and i wanted to keep the land undeveloped so I declined.  They made some crazy high offers but I held fast and said no thanks.

It sounds real nice
2023-11-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 11-3 08:52
It sounds real nice

It's my little slice of paradise.  It's a nice to place to just get away from the hustle and bustle of the big cities.  I grew up on a farm so I always knew I'd like to have some acreage of my own someday.  
2023-11-5
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-5 15:14
It's my little slice of paradise.  It's a nice to place to just get away from the hustle and bustle of the big cities.  I grew up on a farm so I always knew I'd like to have some acreage of my own someday.

same for us, we consider our land as a small patch of paradise in a world gone mad.
we are both retired now so its been a a great place to relax and interact with nature.
2023-11-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 11-7 08:35
same for us, we consider our land as a small patch of paradise in a world gone mad.
we are both retired now so its been a a great place to relax and interact with nature.

Sounds nice.  I recently put up a deer feeder on the back side of my property and based on the number of hoof prints there are at least 6 or 7 deer feeding there now.  
2023-11-7
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1482434 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Nicely captured and edited. Makes you wonder they have the energy to mate after a bit of push and shove.
2023-11-7
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-7 16:26
Sounds nice.  I recently put up a deer feeder on the back side of my property and based on the number of hoof prints there are at least 6 or 7 deer feeding there now.

you heard that ol saying if you feed them they will come , that is true we been feeding deers for about 5 years now and when we started we had only 1 deer now its hard to tell how many we have because they come in groups . but if i had to guess properly around 50 white tail deer come to our feeders but they come in groups from  4 to 12 at a time we go through 2 50lbs bags of cracked corn a week .
in the fall there are l;ots of oaks around our house so they come up and eat those to i ever hardly ever have to clean up acorns because the deer and squirrels seem to crry them off
we love the wildlife here. we can walk up to them now they trust us its amazing because we have naighbors in the front of our land like i said we are the last lot high on the mountain ,backed up to the cherokee national forest so its a great life here

2023-11-8
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

sky wombat Posted at 11-7 23:20
Nicely captured and edited. Makes you wonder they have the energy to mate after a bit of push and shove.

Boy you speak the truth . be be great if my husband had that kind of stamina
2023-11-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 11-8 06:23
you heard that ol saying if you feed them they will come , that is true we been feeding deers for about 5 years now and when we started we had only 1 deer now its hard to tell how many we have because they come in groups . but if i had to guess properly around 50 white tail deer come to our feeders but they come in groups from  4 to 12 at a time we go through 2 50lbs bags of cracked corn a week .
in the fall there are l;ots of oaks around our house so they come up and eat those to i ever hardly ever have to clean up acorns because the deer and squirrels seem to crry them off
we love the wildlife here. we can walk up to them now they trust us its amazing because we have naighbors in the front of our land like i said we are the last lot high on the mountain ,backed up to the cherokee national forest so its a great life here

That's really great that you have so much wildlife close by.  I've had a couple of people leave me voice mails about hunting on my property.  I kindly decline and let them know that the property is under surveillance and that I will have trespassers prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.  So far I've not had any and deer hunting season is short so I'm not worried year around.  I did notice I have a few wild turkeys on the property now.  

Sounds like your land is really nice so enjoy it as much as you can.  
2023-11-8
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-8 16:00
That's really great that you have so much wildlife close by.  I've had a couple of people leave me voice mails about hunting on my property.  I kindly decline and let them know that the property is under surveillance and that I will have trespassers prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.  So far I've not had any and deer hunting season is short so I'm not worried year around.  I did notice I have a few wild turkeys on the property now.  

Sounds like your land is really nice so enjoy it as much as you can.

Thank you.
we do not allow hunting on ur property either,  we have 7 IP security camera's all over our land and around the home . its not that we are against hunting we just don't want the animals we been taking care of and raised over the years getting shot  some of the animals here we have are rescued critters and  have  release them.
i have a pet gray squirrel that is 8years old now that come as and goes.  but during hunting season I keep her in the house . I have  doe that 2 years old we raised and released and now is having baby's herself.
So we have some great wild life pictures
2023-11-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 11-10 09:40
Thank you.
we do not allow hunting on ur property either,  we have 7 IP security camera's all over our land and around the home . its not that we are against hunting we just don't want the animals we been taking care of and raised over the years getting shot  some of the animals here we have are rescued critters and  have  release them.
i have a pet gray squirrel that is 8years old now that come as and goes.  but during hunting season I keep her in the house [view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image]. I have  doe that 2 years old we raised and released and now is having baby's herself.

Wow, you have a really nice "wildlife preserve" going on.  Nice shots of your animals.  

I will say that I have had to contact a state licensed trapper to remove two wild hogs that were tearing up my fence line and rooting up small trees.  They were very aggressive as in chasing my ATV and trying to use their tusks as weapons.  He came in an trapped them and relocated them miles away.  
2023-11-10
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-10 14:37
Wow, you have a really nice "wildlife preserve" going on.  Nice shots of your animals.  

I will say that I have had to contact a state licensed trapper to remove two wild hogs that were tearing up my fence line and rooting up small trees.  They were very aggressive as in chasing my ATV and trying to use their tusks as weapons.  He came in an trapped them and relocated them miles away.

we been lucky in that we never had any hogs maybe they do not like the mountains . But we do have a over abundance of skunks , and they are very destructive as well, they dig  under and around the foundations of the house, dig dens under the barns and out building etc. And unfortunately its illegal to trap and relocate them in TN ,  Plus they do not to seem to be any natural predators around here . I heard great horn owls eat them. but i never seen one.  So skunk populations keeps growing and growing and disposes of them with a air rifle really stinks literally.  we have had a exterminator come remove a few but , there always more to replace those one.   I would have t say the Skunks are the worst.
2023-11-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 11-13 09:04
we been lucky in that we never had any hogs maybe they do not like the mountains . But we do have a over abundance of skunks , and they are very destructive as well, they dig  under and around the foundations of the house, dig dens under the barns and out building etc. And unfortunately its illegal to trap and relocate them in TN ,  Plus they do not to seem to be any natural predators around here . I heard great horn owls eat them. but i never seen one.  So skunk populations keeps growing and growing and disposes of them with a air rifle really stinks literally.  we have had a exterminator come remove a few but , there always more to replace those one.   I would have t say the Skunks are the worst.

No doubt about skunks being the worst.  I was just looking online to see what natural predators that skunks have and there isn't many.

"Skunks have several natural predators in the wild. These predators include domestic dogs, red foxes, bobcats, great horned owls, pumas, wolves, badgers, and red-tailed hawks."

The problem is some of the predators would not be nice to have around just to get rid of skunks.  
2023-11-13
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-13 09:25
No doubt about skunks being the worst.  I was just looking online to see what natural predators that skunks have and there isn't many.

"Skunks have several natural predators in the wild. These predators include domestic dogs, red foxes, bobcats, great horned owls, pumas, wolves, badgers, and red-tailed hawks."

That is  so true, we have talked about trying to trap and relocate them to another part of the county. But getting caught relocating skunks would cost more in fine than if you just paid an exterminator.
But sometimes I try to imagine the face of the law enforcement when he/her open the back of the horse tailor and there was a bunch of skunks ready to unload.  That would be the million dollar world funnest video .
2023-11-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ms Ivy Posted at 11-13 10:49
That is  so true, we have talked about trying to trap and relocate them to another part of the county. But getting caught relocating skunks would cost more in fine than if you just paid an exterminator.
But sometimes I try to imagine the face of the law enforcement when he/her open the back of the horse tailor and there was a bunch of skunks ready to unload.  That would be the million dollar world funnest video .

No doubt they'd be really surprised.  
2023-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nicely captured!
2023-12-15
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
United States

Thank you ,  It was a rare opportunity, being in the right place at the right time
2023-12-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ms Ivy Posted at 12-15 17:40
Thank you ,  It was a rare opportunity, being in the right place at the right time

You're welcome. Those are the best
2023-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules