compass calibration experiment and my thoughts
582 0 2015-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chris
lvl.2

Finland

hi this is my first thread i have posted,
i just tryed and experiment with the compass calibration and then checking the sensors as if i was about to fly
i calibrated the compass in a less than ideal place and had succes, i then thought ok lets check the calibration table, ie i done the first part of the dance while looking at the sensor values, all was good, consistantly around 15, 1600 while turning craft in 360 degree circle.
i then moved location and tried the first part of the calibration dance again while looking at the sensor values and they changed wildly from 1400 to 1900 during the 360 degree rotaion,
this leads me to believe that it may be worth doing a 360 turn while checking the mod values before each flight just to make shure that there are no points from north to north, that lead to potentially bad values and sending the craft into a tizzy fit while flying in that perticular direction

just my thoughts about this experiment and its results ,   

i guess what i am saying is the when you place your craft on the ground and check values, regarding compass, you are looking at one out of a possible 360 different values
2015-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules