Issue Connecting Phantom 4 Remote and USB device to Android tablet
569 1 2023-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_CLSYnr38E6CS
lvl.1

Austria

Hello everyone,
I'm experiencing some difficulties with my setup and would greatly appreciate any insights or solutions you might have. I'm attempting to connect my Phantom 4 remote controller to my Huawei Mediapad M5 tablet, along with an additional USB device.
Here's my setup:
Huawei Mediapad M5 tablet
Phantom 4 remote controller
USB-A to USB-A cable: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B089FBV4DQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
OTG (On-The-Go) adapter: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07NSQ56J9?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I connected the USB-A to USB-A cable from the Phantom 4 remote controller to a USB hub and then connected this USB hub to the OTG adapter. However, when I tried to use the DJI GO 4 App, it didn't recognize the remote controller. Interestingly, any other USB devices I connected to the tablet, such as a USB-Stick, mouse, or keyboard, were detected without any issues.
In an attempt to troubleshoot, I used my smartphone with a USB Type C port and a USB-C hub. I connected the Phantom 4 remote controller to the tablet using the USB-A to USB-A cable. Unfortunately, this configuration didn't work either, even though other USB devices connected to the hub were recognized.
I suspected that the issue might be with the USB-A to USB A-cable. To test this, I used a micro USB to USB-A adapter (Sony EC310) along with the USB-A to USB-A cable to connect the remote controller directly to the tablet. Surprisingly, this configuration worked in approximately only 1 out of 10 attempts.
Connecting the remote controller to the tablet using a standard smartphone data cable (USB-A to micro USB/USB-C) works perfectly fine. I'm aware that the micro USB connector has 5 pins, while the USB-A connector has only 4 pins, with certain applications requiring the connection of the 4th and 5th pins of the micro USB connector. Could the issue be related to the USB-A to USB-A cable I'm using?
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your assistance!
Best regards,
Patrick
2023-10-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. As electronic products are affected by technological developments and changes in usage requirements, each generation of products has a fixed life cycle. In order to continuously provide you with premium product and service experiences, DJI regularly optimizes resource allocations to promote the development and application of new products and technologies. Therefore, we have decided to stop providing support services for the DJI Phantom 4 and its accessories starting on July 15, 2023. We're sorry that the services for this product have been suspended currently and relevant technical support and after-sales repair services cannot be provided. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules