Dear DJI, please publish the overheat running chart for the Pocket 3
3024 22 2023-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Within this link is the chart you published showing how long the Action 2 would run under various operational conditions.

https://store.dji.com/guides/dji ... ic-protective-case/

In respect of the Pocket 3, you have now published similar information for the Pocket 3, but only in respect of operation at 4K 120fps.

I think it highly likely that you have similar information about running times under all the operational conditions.  Could you please publish the chart, just as you did for the Action 2, so that prospective purchasers can make informed decisions before ordering the camera, and so that existing owners can determine whether their cameras are faulty, or within specification?

This information is just as important, and closely related to, the battery runtimes which have been widely promoted in your publicity.

I am making this request not with hostile intent, but with the aim of minimising bad publicity and owner dissatisfaction if the data requested has to come from forum and YouTube criticism, which I can see will escalate in the absence of aurhoratitive information direct from your good selves.

Forum members - please continue discussion of this matter in the relevant threads we already have here, but if you agree with my request to DJI, please add a brief endorsement below.

2023-11-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please check the information below for the maximum operating time of DJI Osmo Pocket 3 under different recording conditions. The following figures are measured with the touchscreen turned off and Wi-Fi disabled, in a windless environment at room temperature of 25 ℃.

When recording 4K videos at 60 fps, its operating time can be up to 118 minutes until the battery is depleted.
When recording 1080p videos at 24 fps, its operating time can be up to 166 minutes until the battery is depleted.

The max video specification supported by Osmo Pocket 3 is 4K at 120 fps. When recording 4K videos at 120 fps, the operating time of the general version is about 17 minutes (with over-temperature protection enabled), while that of the EU version is 12 minutes (with over-temperature protection enabled). Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-11-1
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-1 23:52
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please check the information below for the maximum operating time of DJI Osmo Pocket 3 under different recording conditions. The following figures are measured with the touchscreen turned off and Wi-Fi disabled, in a windless environment at room temperature of 25 ℃.

When recording 4K videos at 60 fps, its operating time can be up to 118 minutes until the battery is depleted.

Are those same runtimes applicable in all regions? There are some who assert that they are lower in the EU than in the US, causing EU units to be unable to reach the kind of times you provided here.
2023-11-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

DaveSp Posted at 11-2 01:36
Are those same runtimes applicable in all regions? There are some who assert that they are lower in the EU than in the US, causing EU units to be unable to reach the kind of times you provided here.

Thank you for your response. EU area recording time will be lower than other areas, due to European policy requirements, the temperature threshold cannot be set as also mentioned in the last part of the response above. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-11-3
Use props
nordheide21244
lvl.3
Flight distance : 241171 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-3 02:06
Thank you for your response. EU area recording time will be lower than other areas, due to European policy requirements, the temperature threshold cannot be set as also mentioned in the last part of the response above. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

How much will it be lower in the EU?
2023-11-3
Use props
nordheide21244
lvl.3
Flight distance : 241171 ft
  • >>>
Germany

You tested it in 10bit or normal?
2023-11-3
Use props
tzsog
lvl.4
Hungary

Please DJI "over-temperature protection " in EU turn it off or make it different on the next firmware update..at the moment Pocket 3  4k/60 unusable !
2023-11-3
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

please can you provide us a full chart for all regions ?
Thanks in advance.

In my case, i use a DJI recommanded SD card (Sandisk Extreme Pro 32 GO)
-Factory settings and SD card formated before test
-No use of WIFI
-4K60fps
-Screen On
-Room temp 24C°

Duration : 24 minutes.

Can you state on this please ?
2023-11-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

nordheide21244 Posted at 11-3 02:10
How much will it be lower in the EU?

Hi there. The max video specification supported by Osmo Pocket 3 is 4K at 120 fps. When recording 4K videos at 120 fps, the operating time of the general version is about 17 minutes (with over-temperature protection enabled), while that of the EU version is 12 minutes (with over-temperature protection enabled). Thank you.
2023-11-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

tzsog Posted at 11-3 02:21
Please DJI "over-temperature protection " in EU turn it off or make it different on the next firmware update..at the moment Pocket 3  4k/60 unusable !

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will forward this concern of yours to our relevant team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc.  Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-11-5
Use props
StefanDjiMini2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2004350 ft
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-5 04:40
Hi there. The max video specification supported by Osmo Pocket 3 is 4K at 120 fps. When recording 4K videos at 120 fps, the operating time of the general version is about 17 minutes (with over-temperature protection enabled), while that of the EU version is 12 minutes (with over-temperature protection enabled). Thank you.

If I buy an EU Version Pocket 3 like in Germany and then go to the USA will I get EU performance or Non-EU performance?
2023-11-5
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Have a look at this video.  Here, How to Guy explains the video settings and what you get in the way of bits and codecs.  I have a nasty feeling that some of these settings are likely to change the processing load on the camera, and thus the speed at which it overheats.  For instance, the "normal" video setting can actually be ten bit rather than eight.  Those who are familiar with the stuff - which I am not - might care to comment on whether any DJI listing of overheat times would have to specify exactly what colour mode was being used.  Or maybe not...

2023-11-5
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

\

Oops, error

2023-11-5
Use props
Astrid55
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30696 ft
China

tzsog Posted at 11-3 02:21
Please DJI "over-temperature protection " in EU turn it off or make it different on the next firmware update..at the moment Pocket 3  4k/60 unusable !

Dude. It is mandatory for DJI to abide by the laws and regulations if they want to have the EU market.
This issue pertains to all electronic devices, you can refer to this one:

2023-11-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

StefanDjiMini2 Posted at 11-5 06:49
If I buy an EU Version Pocket 3 like in Germany and then go to the USA will I get EU performance or Non-EU performance?

Thank you for reaching out, StefanDjiMini2. The restriction is only applicable in EU countries. You may connect the product to the DJI Mimo app to refresh the country code when you are already in the US. Hope this helps. We appreciate your valued support.
2023-11-6
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-6 04:37
Thank you for reaching out, StefanDjiMini2. The restriction is only applicable in EU countries. You may connect the product to the DJI Mimo app to refresh the country code when you are already in the US. Hope this helps. We appreciate your valued support.

How can we change the country code?

If it's not manually changeable, where is taken the localization by the MIMO app, is it using the GPS?

I really think you should allow your users to choose this parameter manually.
2023-11-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

hehe2 Posted at 11-6 05:28
How can we change the country code?

If it's not manually changeable, where is taken the localization by the MIMO app, is it using the GPS?

Thank you for your response. After the mobile device (that has GPS) is connected to the DJI Mimo app, it will refresh the country code once you are already in the US. Regarding your request, we will coordinate this with our team for attention. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-11-8
Use props
MTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3281 ft
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-8 03:28
Thank you for your response. After the mobile device (that has GPS) is connected to the DJI Mimo app, it will refresh the country code once you are already in the US. Regarding your request, we will coordinate this with our team for attention. Thank you for your valued support.

Just to understand, in the mimo app, the option under settings -> privacy -> GPS information, is set to off, in my situation. How does the country setting works in that case? How can one check on which "country" the device is activated and getting the settings applied?
2023-11-8
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

MTV Posted at 11-8 04:18
Just to understand, in the mimo app, the option under settings -> privacy -> GPS information, is set to off, in my situation. How does the country setting works in that case? How can one check on which "country" the device is activated and getting the settings applied?

This option is just there to allow the MIMO app to add localisation meta data to your video/photo files when you get them from the OP to your phone via the app, nothing more. It doesn't prevent the MIMO app to use your location at all.
2023-11-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

MTV Posted at 11-8 04:18
Just to understand, in the mimo app, the option under settings -> privacy -> GPS information, is set to off, in my situation. How does the country setting works in that case? How can one check on which "country" the device is activated and getting the settings applied?

Hi there. We don't have access to check or change on which country the unit was activated. If you are planning to visit the US, once you arrive, please go to your mobile device's general settings > DJI Mimo app and enable the location access then connect the DJ Mimo app to your DJI Osmo Pocket 3. Thank you.
2023-11-9
Use props
MTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3281 ft
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-9 23:07
Hi there. We don't have access to check or change on which country the unit was activated. If you are planning to visit the US, once you arrive, please go to your mobile device's general settings > DJI Mimo app and enable the location access then connect the DJ Mimo app to your DJI Osmo Pocket 3. Thank you.

Thanks for your reply.

When in US after using location via GPS in MIMO app, the country setting will change on OP3.

So then when going back to EU, it will be better not to use MIMO app again, not to disturb the country setting, correct?
2023-11-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

MTV Posted at 11-9 23:13
Thanks for your reply.

When in US after using location via GPS in MIMO app, the country setting will change on OP3.

Thank you for your response. We will forward this to our relevant team for clarification. We will keep you posted. We appreciate your patience.
2023-11-13
Use props
MsNikita
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Question. If I buy a Dji Pocket 3 from Japan or HK, could my unit I avoid complying with EU Regulations, due to firmware differences?
3-15 22:26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules