Slomo issue, no 100 or 120 fps, only 25 or 30fps
1125 10 2023-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_9mcfUB2XvAeL
lvl.1

Germany

Hi there,
I've tested the Slomo mode on my pocket3 in 4K/120fps an also 100fps but the stored video files are have just 30 or 25fps.
I'm using a SanDisk extrem 128gb V30 and latest firmware is alread installed.

Has anyone an idea for solving this?
2023-11-1
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

It is 120fps stored in 30fps format as a slowed video.
2023-11-1
Use props
djiuser_9mcfUB2XvAeL
lvl.1

Germany

Ah, thnx for this info. That's not good, f.e. no sound inside. It would be better for storing the original frame rate with sound. It's also crazy in post process to find the slomo videos. Therefore I have to view the video and then I know it's a slomo video. Normaly I see the slowmo files with the high frame rate and i can use it as normal videos wiht sound and the cut tool does embed it in the project frame rate and i can decide if I use the halfe or quarter frame rate for slomo effects and not the reverse way ... strange.
I hope it will be made right in the futore and don't hope that wrong way is neccessary because hardware issues ....
2023-11-1
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Why do you want sound slowed down?
2023-11-1
Use props
djiuser_9mcfUB2XvAeL
lvl.1

Germany

johansenfoto Posted at 11-1 15:06
Why do you want sound slowed down?
Not for slow down, but you‘re free to use the sound seperatly or use the scene without slow down and with sound. To delete the sound later is easy, but create?
2023-11-1
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Record the sound on the wireless mic itself, if you have it?
2023-11-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. It is normal that when shooting slow motion, the video file will be saved as 30fps also mentioned by Tide in post #2. In addition, Slow motion videos are recorded without sound, but the audio files (in AAC format) are stored separately on the microSD card. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-11-2
Use props
playpixel
lvl.1
Germany

Hello,
For me this topic is still a real problem.
I need a file with 120fps instead of 30fps slowed down. I want to have the posibillity to slow down in post with curves... All of my other cameras are doing 120fps files and i can adjust the speed in post. I don't care about sound! 120fps means B-Roll for me and I have my Sounds on them anyway!!! They need to adjust this!!!
2-11 08:50
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

playpixel Posted at 2-11 08:50
Hello,
For me this topic is still a real problem.
I need a file with 120fps instead of 30fps slowed down. I want to have the posibillity to slow down in post with curves... All of my other cameras are doing 120fps files and i can adjust the speed in post. I don't care about sound! 120fps means B-Roll for me and I have my Sounds on them anyway!!! They need to adjust this!!!

Then just do a normal record in a higher FPS and slow it down yourself in post

Opps, my bad, i don't know why i assumed it was the Action 3 or 4, sorry, just checked, you can only go up to 60fps, whilst you can still slow it down in post, you cant get the 120fps, still, 60 might just be enough to do what you need?
2-11 18:14
Use props
playpixel
lvl.1
Germany

Bashy Posted at 2-11 18:14
Then just do a normal record in a higher FPS and slow it down yourself in post

Opps, my bad, i don't know why i assumed it was the Action 3 or 4, sorry, just checked, you can only go up to 60fps, whilst you can still slow it down in post, you cant get the 120fps, still, 60 might just be enough to do what you need?

No, I bought it because they say it can do 4k 120
2-22 00:30
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

playpixel Posted at 2-22 00:30
No, I bought it because they say it can do 4k 120

yeah the action 4 certainly can
2-22 07:07