12Next >
10889 58 2015-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m_enassiri
lvl.1

Netherlands

Help everyone,

I just purchased my DJI P3 Professional  for a couple of days nowe.
I'm facing with the folowing issues.

- After upgrading my drone to the latest firmware
v1.3.20 its keep giving the " No sigal - Disconnect " message on my Samsung tablet.- I've uninstalled the DJI GO app, reinstalled it again however no succes.
- Also i've switched the aircraft off on no succes.
- th same i did for my RC

The strang thing is after hovering my aircraft in the beginning its says "Safe to fly"  i have enough sattelites i can see image /video after its hovering.
But after a while lets say about 1 minute i cant see any video its just like that the screen is freezing. no video feed.
But i'm able to control the aircraft with my remote controller .

Is there a bug that effects this?
Because this is very frustrating!!

2015-9-6
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

I too have been having the same issue with my HTC One 8 phone.  Works find on my Galaxy Note Tablet, (with video lag), but constant disconnects on my phone.  I wouldn't threat about it to much, but I like to know what my battery status is when I fly.
2015-9-6
Use props
jblack22785
lvl.2

United States

jayhkr Posted at 2015-9-6 12:16
I too have been having the same issue with my HTC One 8 phone.  Works find on my Galaxy Note Tablet, ...

Same here.  Everything checks out good - all up to date.  Except it says NO SIGNAL and has NO VIDEO FEED.  Very frustrating.
2015-9-6
Use props
DeDroneMeneer
lvl.1

Netherlands

Same here - this problem arrived after updating to the 1.3.20 update.. Both when I use my iPhone6 and with my Nexus5..
2015-9-6
Use props
m_enassiri
lvl.1

Netherlands

Ok guys, tnx for the posts.
Bottom line?
Is DJI going to prepare for a new firmware? because it seems that many people have the same issue.

No way i pay 1399 € for a drone thats constantly giving problems.
2015-9-7
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

Waiting to see what the new update brings today. Lets hope for the best!
2015-9-7
Use props
jblack22785
lvl.2

United States

jayhkr Posted at 2015-9-7 08:43
Waiting to see what the new update brings today. Lets hope for the best!

updated to new firmware.  No change on the NO SIGNAL issue.  Anyone else?
2015-9-7
Use props
Billshooter
lvl.1

United States

I'm using a Galaxy Tab, and I also use my Galaxy S5 phone. Both work fine.
2015-9-7
Use props
jblack22785
lvl.2

United States

jblack22785@gma Posted at 2015-9-7 14:22

Just a note - pressed the button a couple of times to capture an image, even though I could not see anything via the screen.  I removed the SD card and put it in the laptop - flawless photos.  

Why the H*#L can't we see what we are shooting.  
2015-9-7
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

Haven't flown yet but yeah I updated everything (I think) and I'm still getting the same issue on my HTC One 8 phone.  Haven't taken it out with my Note Tablet as far as lag goes, but I can assume there won't be any changes to that either.  Going to go out and try 3-4 different cables and see if that makes any difference.
2015-9-7
Use props
artonic
lvl.1
United States

A common cause of video lag leading to video cutting out completely is the tablet/phone over-heating and the cpu throttling down to the point that it can't process the HD video any longer.

Does your device feel hot?
2015-9-7
Use props
xsarge301
lvl.1

United States

artonic Posted at 2015-9-7 20:42
A common cause of video lag leading to video cutting out completely is the tablet/phone over-heating ...

Mine does that also usually on 2nd battery, so maybe it is heat. I use Galaxy s6.
Still have full control, just sucks when the quad is out of view and your not sure which way its headed and whether the rth is at a good height. Was hopeing the newest update would have cured it.
2015-9-7
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

artonic Posted at 2015-9-7 19:42
A common cause of video lag leading to video cutting out completely is the tablet/phone over-heating ...

Mine cuts out 30 seconds after the bird boots up.  I have no case on my phone, stand in the shade or use a sunshade, or even fly in the evening.  Nothing feels warm at all.  Going to do the above and maybe try a few different cords on my next day off to see if I can get around this!
2015-9-8
Use props
RozBujnik
lvl.2

Canada

This seems a fairly common problem after 1.3.20 update. I was able to solve the Disconnect and No Signal problems by:
clearing app cache before every start, and rooting phone to freeze just about every non-essential service through greenify;
also reverted aircraft firmware to 1.1.9.
the No signal prob went away after installing the 32 channel hack.
Hope it helps.
2015-9-8
Use props
Snowman
lvl.2

Finland

RozBujnik Posted at 2015-9-8 18:57
This seems a fairly common problem after 1.3.20 update. I was able to solve the Disconnect and No Si ...

I also got the No signal error on a test flight after updating to latest v1.4.0010 on P3Pro. Previously my setup was 1.19 and an old version of Pilot App on Sony Xperia Z tablet, and all worked flawlessly.

Also, after the update, the video feed is laggy and low quality.

Luckily I was able to bring the drone right back from 500 metres away after losing video feed, the rc worked fine.

The new features are cool enough, especially like the POI feature.

I updated the drone, rc and batteries as instructed, all went well. I removed the old Pilot App and deleted the Dji folder, and did a clean install of the Dji Go app.

Now pondering if I should revert back to 1.19.
2015-9-8
Use props
jblack22785
lvl.2

United States

RozBujnik Posted at 2015-9-8 11:57
This seems a fairly common problem after 1.3.20 update. I was able to solve the Disconnect and No Si ...

What is the 32 channel hack?

As far as device heat, I got so frustrated that I just went last night and purchased a brand new IPad Mini 2.  Now I just have a new IPad ... still NO SIGNAL
2015-9-8
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

jblack22785@gma Posted at 2015-9-8 13:55
What is the 32 channel hack?

As far as device heat, I got so frustrated that I just went last nig ...

Don't do the "32 channel hack". It has nothing to do with not getting a video feed.

It turns on access to radio channels that are illegal to use. Only channels 13-20 are legal (they are the same ones WiFi uses).

The others are for cell-phones, HAM radio, and other restricted uses. They get very pissed when someone is using them that shouldn't be.

If you get caught it is a big FCC fine and they have the equipment to find you.
2015-9-8
Use props
TonyW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70236 ft
United States

I upgraded the firmware for the drone (phantom 3 advanced), DJI Go Iphone 6 app yesterday, 9/7. Now I am experiencing disconnect.

I tried "follow me" twice and  got disconnected  both times after fly  few minutes of "follow me". When it was disconnected the second time, I was able to use the controller to turn the drone, not to move it. I have to power off the controller and power it back on to bring the drone back.
2015-9-8
Use props
jfeltman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2338192 ft
  • >>>
United States

All you need to do is flip the switch from F to P to regain full control
2015-9-8
Use props
rigbiefarm
New

United States

Same here.
2015-9-8
Use props
rigbiefarm
New

United States

I have had aircraft for a week and had a no signal message for the entire time.  Any suggestions?
2015-9-8
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

Billshooter Posted at 2015-9-7 13:27
I'm using a Galaxy Tab, and I also use my Galaxy S5 phone. Both work fine.

Where you having issues prior to any updates?  What usb cord are you using by chance?  This might have something to do with it, as I know it did for IOS users.
2015-9-8
Use props
jblack22785
lvl.2

United States

jayhkr Posted at 2015-9-9 00:26
Where you having issues prior to any updates?  What usb cord are you using by chance?  This might  ...

I have tried USB 2.0 and 3.0 for the android devices.  As for the Ipad, I used the USB cord that came with the Ipad.  

Is there another one we should try?  Trying anything at this point.
2015-9-9
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1609482 ft
Greece

Same here. No signal is still here....

Updated everything just fine. ipad mini 2. apple cable. no other apps, use of the ipad, just dji go app.

Havent decided if i send it in service for months, or just open camera and check it myself. I make and fly rc helicopters 10 years now...

It is not the heat , it was night and cold tonight i got the no signal. I got it in battery No1. came down at 50%. changed battery, turned upside down the bird, next 2 batteries went fine...
pffffffffffffff
2015-9-9
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Try downgrading to 1.19 it's not the optimal solution but hey least youl get signal back till they fix the issue.
2015-9-9
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

Here's a the funny thing, I downloaded Itchi for Android and have ZERO connection issues.  NONE, ZIP, NADA!  So..........I'm thinking APP, not P3, not controller, not FW (on P3 at least).  But good ol' GO App issues.  Only thing I don't like about Itchi is you can't view the calibration information.  Gotta get used to the new interface too.
2015-9-9
Use props
jblack22785
lvl.2

United States

jayhkr Posted at 2015-9-10 01:34
Here's a the funny thing, I downloaded Itchi for Android and have ZERO connection issues.  NONE, ZIP ...

can you post what that App look like?
2015-9-10
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

jblack22785@gma Posted at 2015-9-10 15:44
can you post what that App look like?

Sure:  http://flylitchi.com/
2015-9-10
Use props
jblack22785
lvl.2

United States

jayhkr Posted at 2015-9-10 19:07
Sure:  http://flylitchi.com/

No wonder I couldn't find it ... I was typing "Itchi" ... haha you should see the sh*t that popped up.

I will give that App a try.  Just about my last ditch effort before sending this bird back to DJI for who knows how long.
2015-9-11
Use props
rigbiefarm
New

United States

Same here.
2015-9-11
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

jblack22785@gma Posted at 2015-9-11 07:25
No wonder I couldn't find it ... I was typing "Itchi" ... haha you should see the sh*t that popped ...

This was the same for me too.  Best of luck to you!
2015-9-11
Use props
olof.collvik
New

Australia

I'm also having this problem but wit the 1.4.... fw. Today it even got worse, at two times the app said weak signal and signal lost! I guess these warnings refers to the signal between RC and Phantom which almost made me shit myself! The warning went away again by itself and "safe to fly" came back on again. I had massive disconnected issues with the 1.2.3 fw but never any "signal lost".
2015-9-11
Use props
olof.collvik
New

Australia

My last message slipped away.
2015-9-11
Use props
olof.collvik
New

Australia

Sorry. Here we go again.. My flights usually goes like this: It takes me a while to get connection in the first place, reconnecting, restarting app, drone and RC. After a while it comes "online" and i take off. A minute in to the flight I get disconnected and picture freeze. Fly down and reboot a few times and reconnecting. After a few attempts it comes online again and I can fly out the battery without any more issues. Very frustrating and I did expect more from a piece of tech in this price range. DJI can't be proud, or they shouldn't because I've been reading posts like mine all over the Internet so it seems like an common issue. What I haven't found yet is a definitive tips on how to make the problems go away. If anyone has that, please reply!!! I'm using the latest FW on drone, RC,  phone and app.
2015-9-11
Use props
dimedrol
New

Belarus

I bought Phantom 3 advanced a few days back, during the first flight all of a sudden DJI pilot said "DISCONNECTED" (the drone was about 150 meters away). After a couple of minutes the drone started to return to the home spot and I thought that the connection would be automatically re-established as it came closer but that did not happen. Even after it landed a couple of meters from where I stood, the app kept saying DISCONNECTED. I restarted the phone - just to make sure it wasn't a phone issue - same thing. Only after I had restarted both the RC and the drone the connection resumed.

PS I have latest firmware possible (means DJI pilot says everything is up to date)
2015-9-12
Use props
clive
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41969 ft
United Kingdom

I had a disconnect the other day on the latest firmware. First time I've experienced it.
I got it back by unplugging the usb cable from the iPhone and re plugging it back in again.
2015-9-12
Use props
GregL
New
Flight distance : 276 ft
United States

No signal issue here, too. All has been perfect until I loaded firmware 1.4. I have not seen an image at all since the update. P3P flies perfect with camera and video working, too. I just have no FPV which is very frustrating. Same results with android and iOS.
2015-9-12
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

rigbiefarm Posted at 2015-9-8 21:50
I have had aircraft for a week and had a no signal message for the entire time.  Any suggestions?

Did you try to re-link the radio to the phantom.  When you select re-link you have to press the little button inside the grill on the side of the bird.  I don't know why but this fixes the video link problems even though you would think it is just for the RC.  But I have had a bunch of people try it and it seems to work on most.

Try it.

Re-Link

Re-Link
2015-9-12
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

GregL Posted at 2015-9-12 18:08
No signal issue here, too. All has been perfect until I loaded firmware 1.4. I have not seen an imag ...

Try Re-Linking if you have not yet.  See post above.
2015-9-12
Use props
m_enassiri
lvl.1

Netherlands

Sir Edward K Posted at 2015-9-13 01:49
Try Re-Linking if you have not yet.  See post above.

Ok guys, i have a new update
The no signal - disconnect issue dissappeared.

I tried another device ( Samsung S4 with the lates android v 5.0.1)

This works perfectly for me!
I have a clear vieuw this is way better then the tablet.

2015-9-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules