Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coolhand
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102323 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Osmo Pocket 3 Audio problem

I received my Creator Combo on 1-4-24. I updated the firmware on the camera and the mic 2. I ran some audio tests today and was disappointed. I have the camera audio level set to 100%. The audio level from the Mic 2 was very low. I then tested 32 bit float from the Mic 2. It was even lower. If I boost the audio to 400% in iMovie it is acceptable. The audio level from the internal mic was much better.  I am very disappointed and considering a return. I had high hopes for this tool and would hate to return it.
1-10 12:23
Use props
Coolhand
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102323 ft
  • >>>
United States

Coolhand Posted at 1-10 12:23
DJI Osmo Pocket 3 Audio problem

I received my Creator Combo on 1-4-24. I updated the firmware on the camera and the mic 2. I ran some audio tests today and was disappointed. I have the camera audio level set to 100%. The audio level from the Mic 2 was very low. I then tested 32 bit float from the Mic 2. It was even lower. If I boost the audio to 400% in iMovie it is acceptable. The audio level from the internal mic was much better.  I am very disappointed and considering a return. I had high hopes for this tool and would hate to return it.

I found the problem. I had the “monitor” volume maxed out but I didn’t know about the “transmitter gain”.   I turned that up and the volume is good.
1-12 13:54
Use props
fansa6ff3a6c
lvl.3
United States

The DJI Mic 2 was officially announced / released today. Along with it they posted a "recommended gain" guide. For most cameras, they suggest +9 db gain. I'll be testing this adjustment with the Pocket 3.

Link to the guide can be found here (or by navigating to DJI Mic 2 Downloads section, it is the last link listed)

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... mera%20Setup_EN.pdf
1-17 19:09
Use props
fansca3b94b6
lvl.1

United States

Hi, just received my DJI Mic 2 and am having the exact same issues with 32 bit float internal wav files coming out at extremely low volumes when playing them back on my Mac, either through FCP or elsewhere. I tried increasing the gain to +12 on the transmitter, and though helpful it's STILL very, very low, to the point where increasing it a further +12 dB in FCP still doesn't match up to normal recording volume using the camera's recorded video. Has anyone had any luck with this issue? It basically renders the back up recording useless for me if I can't match it up to the camera's recorded volume.
1-18 15:09
Use props
djiuser_ITbqYOIlCxmG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 162270 ft
United Kingdom

fansca3b94b6 Posted at 1-18 15:09
Hi, just received my DJI Mic 2 and am having the exact same issues with 32 bit float internal wav files coming out at extremely low volumes when playing them back on my Mac, either through FCP or elsewhere. I tried increasing the gain to +12 on the transmitter, and though helpful it's STILL very, very low, to the point where increasing it a further +12 dB in FCP still doesn't match up to normal recording volume using the camera's recorded video. Has anyone had any luck with this issue? It basically renders the back up recording useless for me if I can't match it up to the camera's recorded volume.

No. I am afraid the Mic 2 is a bit of a let down and I no longer use it on my Pocket 3.
It is a shame that DJI hasn't acknowledged this as an issue and resolved it as I feel it will impact on their reputation and sales will drop off once the issue becomes a little more widespread.
1-18 17:47
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Solved. Swipe left from right screen, hit middle audio icon between camera icon and pro icon.  In that menu is TRANSMITTER GAIN. Increase value makes louder audio recordings for the dji mic 2. Cheers
1-18 18:57
Use props
fansca3b94b6
lvl.1

United States

Blellow Posted at 1-18 18:57
Solved. Swipe left from right screen, hit middle audio icon between camera icon and pro icon.  In that menu is TRANSMITTER GAIN. Increase value makes louder audio recordings for the dji mic 2. Cheers

No, this does not solve it for me. As I stated, I increased gain in the transmitter fully to +12 and I'm still getting very low volume compared to all other recordings.
1-19 06:09
Use props
Natural Sounds and Sights
lvl.3

Spain

For those reporting that the TX GAIN makes a difference... are you going into a camera via analogue TRS or digitally, via USB-C?
1-19 06:59
Use props
fansca3b94b6
lvl.1

United States

Natural Sounds and Sights Posted at 1-19 06:59
For those reporting that the TX GAIN makes a difference... are you going into a camera via analogue TRS or digitally, via USB-C?

I don't think there's a issue when audio is recorded through the TX and into the camera (whether it be Osmo Pocket or DSLR via RX), the issue is with the Mic's internal 32 bit recording when it is not connected to any camera. The wav files you pull off the TX itself are what have very low audio levels.
1-19 08:35
Use props
Natural Sounds and Sights
lvl.3

Spain

fansca3b94b6 Posted at 1-19 08:35
I don't think there's a issue when audio is recorded through the TX and into the camera (whether it be Osmo Pocket or DSLR via RX), the issue is with the Mic's internal 32 bit recording when it is not connected to any camera. The wav files you pull off the TX itself are what have very low audio levels.

I agree. Interesting to see what people's perceptions, are, however. Yes, They are often -22dB!
1-19 09:04
Use props
fansca3b94b6
lvl.1

United States

Natural Sounds and Sights Posted at 1-19 09:04
I agree. Interesting to see what people's perceptions, are, however. Yes, They are often -22dB!

Yeah, I think most people are just using the Mics through a camera and don't bother with the internal recordings, which is maybe why this problem hasn't been extensively posted about? Nada on the YouTube reviews that touch on it though.
1-19 09:07
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

You nailed it. Sorry for the mistake.

That is a big problem.
1-19 13:36
Use props
firatdede
lvl.2

Turkey

I wonder when DJI will solve this serious problem, are the authorities looking at this forum? It should be able to record sound in sufficient volume standalone without the main unit. Please DJI hear our voice.
1-21 02:35
Use props
djiuser_1W5GM8id6oTC
lvl.1

United States

I was thinking on purchasing the Mic 2 transmitter, but I'm glad I read this thread.

Until DJI fixes this, the Mic 2 transmitter is not an option for me.
3-25 16:47
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules