DJI Action 2 4k/120fps low battery flicker
492 5 2023-11-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavicRookie84
lvl.2
Flight distance : 605066 ft
Canada

Does anyone notice when their battery gets to around 20% on the camera module (not connected to any power modules), the entire screen starts to flicker like crazy when set to 120fps/4K. I just noticed this today. It doesnt do it on any other settings. And seems to go away once the battery is topped up.
2023-11-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Please record a short video showing the issue so we can check it further. Please upload the video via Google Drive and send the link here. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-11-2
Use props
MavicRookie84
lvl.2
Canada

Hi thanks for the quick reply I did some additional tests. Reset the camera to factory defaults, toggle different stabilization modes. It does this every single time starting at around 50% battery no matter what I do as long as I'm under 4k 120fps recording mode. The problem starts at 20 seconds into the recording almost every time I tested. To me it seems the battery just cant handle the amount of current this mode is drawing looks to me like a typical signs of low voltage meaning the battery most likely is defective. I'm going to send it off to DJI to get repaired since I got a month left of warranty on it.
2023-11-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

MavicRookie84 Posted at 11-2 18:09
Hi thanks for the quick reply I did some additional tests. Reset the camera to factory defaults, toggle different stabilization modes. It does this every single time starting at around 50% battery no matter what I do as long as I'm under 4k 120fps recording mode. The problem starts at 20 seconds into the recording almost every time I tested. To me it seems the battery just cant handle the amount of current this mode is drawing looks to me like a typical signs of low voltage meaning the battery most likely is defective. I'm going to send it off to DJI to get repaired since I got a month left of warranty on it. Video of the problem.

Thank you for keeping us posted and we're sorry for the trouble. If you decided to send it in for diagnostics, You may create an online repair case using this link https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2023-11-2
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

no flicker here, somethink is wrong with your camera
2023-11-2
Use props
MavicRookie84
lvl.2
Canada

I agree I cant see DJI ever releasing a camera that would all of the sudden start flashing and flickering after 20 seconds of recording at 4K 120fps when the battery drops under 50%. Hopefully they can fix it for me.
2023-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules