4007 19 2023-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Emacs42
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2169 ft
Germany

Hi there,

on the OsmoPocket3 settings there is an entry "Audio-to-video Sync" in the Wirelss Mic area.
It is turned off by default.

I can't seem to find any details on what this option does.

Does anyone have more information?

Cheers,
Emacs
2023-11-3
Use props
nordheide21244
lvl.3
Flight distance : 241171 ft
  • >>>
Germany

If it is turned on, the MIC 2 will record intern and in the P3. Off means only Audio record in the P3 not on the SD Card inside the mic2
2023-11-3
Use props
Emacs42
lvl.2
Germany

Thank you !
That's perfect, because my next question would have been how I can have the mic's internal recording active be default without pressing the button all the time (or rather forgetting to press the button).

Cheers,
Emacs
2023-11-3
Use props
djiuser_ITbqYOIlCxmG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 162270 ft
United Kingdom

But I don't think that the mic is able to record in 32-Bit Float audio when "dual" recording with this setting.
2023-11-4
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_ITbqYOIlCxmG Posted at 11-4 08:03
But I don't think that the mic is able to record in 32-Bit Float audio when "dual" recording with this setting.

I thought the whole point was that the mic recorded in 32 bit float as a backup for the audio being sent to, and recorded on, the Pocket 3 (which isn't 32 bit float).  Maybe I am wrong....
2023-11-4
Use props
EnTuMente
lvl.3

Spain

Does that really do that function?.
Is it so difficult to change the option message to another that says that the microphone automatically records on the microphone's SD instead of synchronizing audio or video?.

Really, in none of the updates have they fixed that description?.

Regrettable.

Wouldn't it be better to rename it to AUTO RECORD?
2023-11-7
Use props
northaal
lvl.4
United Kingdom

EnTuMente Posted at 11-7 09:47
Does that really do that function?.
Is it so difficult to change the option message to another that says that the microphone automatically records on the microphone's SD instead of synchronizing audio or video?.

I have found that the wav files recorded on the Mic 2 are very low in volume. They cannot be amplified by changing the "Transmitter Gain" in the camera settings - presumably this is done in the camera and only affects the audio file linked to the video file. If there is a way to increase the gain on the wav files stored in the Mic 2 I would be glad to hear of it.
2023-12-28
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Usually with 32 bit float files you just need to normalise them when editing.  Remember that the format allows you to record a bomb going off without distortion, so everyday sounds will sound quiet in comparison.
2023-12-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching and sorry for the late notice. For further details, please refer to the screenshot below. I hope this information helps. Kindly let us know if you have further concerns.

2023-12-29
Use props
Offset 3D RC
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-12-29 03:27
Hi, there. Thank you for reaching and sorry for the late notice. For further details, please refer to the screenshot below. I hope this information helps. Kindly let us know if you have further concerns.

[view_image]

Is the 32bit float part of the video file or can is also be recorder separately in the transmitter?
1-24 14:40
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Offset 3D RC Posted at 1-24 14:40
Is the 32bit float part of the video file or can is also be recorder separately in the transmitter?

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. When the 32-bit Float is enabled, the transmitter can independently record auto files in 32-bit float. I hope this information helps.
1-28 04:30
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-28 04:30
Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. When the 32-bit Float is enabled, the transmitter can independently record auto files in 32-bit float. I hope this information helps.

No, it is still not clear...
How can I be sure, that the Mic2 is recording 32-bit float?
Only, when pushing the record button on the mic2?
1-30 23:44
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

UweE Posted at 1-30 23:44
No, it is still not clear...
How can I be sure, that the Mic2 is recording 32-bit float?
Only, when pushing the record button on the mic2?

Hello, there. Sorry for the confusion. After turning on the 32-bit floating point internal recording function, only the internal recording audio of the transmitter is 32-bit floating point, and the video file, and all of the audio output by the receiver are 24-bit. I hope this provides clarity. Please feel free to reach us if you have further concerns.
2-5 23:20
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I tried this 32bit float option but the audio captured and saved on the Mic2 itself was still very quiet.
Other then enabling the 32bit float option, are there any other options I need to have enabled or disabled??

Also can 32bit float be used just recording a voiceover on the Mic2 alone - without using the Pocket 3 at all? Or does the P3 need to be connected and linked for it to work?
2-7 01:02
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

IftiBashir Posted at 2-7 01:02
I tried this 32bit float option but the audio captured and saved on the Mic2 itself was still very quiet.
Other then enabling the 32bit float option, are there any other options I need to have enabled or disabled??

Yes, it will record standalone but it would probably be best to monitor it on the Pocket 3 with headphones. You will only hear the transmitted audio but, as levels aren't important with 32bit float, you can just check for popping, rustling, wind noise etc.
2-7 07:21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

IftiBashir Posted at 2-7 01:02
I tried this 32bit float option but the audio captured and saved on the Mic2 itself was still very quiet.

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. Whether to enable 32-bit floating point internal recording has no effect on the audio level. After the TX is connected to the DJI Osmo Pocket 3 and the 32-bit floating point internal recording function is turned on, there is no need to connect the OP3 later, can also enable the internal recording through the recording button of the TX. I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support.
2-23 00:11
Use props
Emacs42
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-12-29 03:27

[view_image]

Assuming I want to the Mic2 to capture a 32bit audio file when I record a video.

Simple as that: I press record on the Pocket3 to record a video and the Mic2 simultaneously records a 32 bit audio file (and stores it on the Mic2).

How would I set that up?

Cheers,
Emacs
3-3 22:39
Use props
Emacs42
lvl.2
Germany

Never mind - that was a stupid question.
Enable "Audio-to-Video-Sync" and "32-bit float" both at the same time and the Mic2 will generate a 32-bit float audio file each time it is recording for the Pocket 3.

My bad.
Cheers,
Emacs
3-5 02:44
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Emacs42 Posted at 3-5 02:44
Never mind - that was a stupid question.
Enable "Audio-to-Video-Sync" and "32-bit float" both at the same time and the Mic2 will generate a 32-bit float audio file each time it is recording for the Pocket 3.

No worries, Emacs. Glad that you have figured it out. Should you need further assistance, please let us know.
3-5 04:30
Use props
djiuser_EV1btvkfsmhG
lvl.1
Malaysia

Hi I need help. Whenever I try to place my 32 bit audio onto the adobe premier track, I found out that the audio clip are longer compared to the original audio recorded in pocket 3. I think this issue happens because whenever I press the record button on my pocket 3, there will be a slight delay on my dji mic 2 before it starts to record. So meaning that I have to clap my hand to create a peak before I start to Vlog as the audio peak will help me to sync both the audio. May I know have you encountered this issue? Thanks
3-25 09:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules