Gimbal sticking
664 10 2023-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_AtEY4j5LZ0ll
lvl.2
Flight distance : 223711 ft
United Kingdom

Hi just wondering if someone can help advise took my drone for a short flight and noticed the gimbal acting funny during doing yaw left and right, it was windy and signal kept going low is this normal?
https://youtu.be/3cUI7RU_Odk?feature=shared
2023-11-3
Use props
djiuser_AtEY4j5LZ0ll
lvl.2
United Kingdom

It shows it doing it more at 1:40
2023-11-3
Use props
djiuser_AtEY4j5LZ0ll
lvl.2
United Kingdom

My bad I meant it sticks when doing horizontal left right
2023-11-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_AtEY4j5LZ0ll Posted at 11-3 06:24
My bad I meant it sticks when doing horizontal left right

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We are unable to check the video. It shows unavailable.
2023-11-3
Use props
djiuser_AtEY4j5LZ0ll
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda please accept my apologies for not getting back sooner, I've reposted the video as I had issues after the last upload, I have tried the drone recently after recalibrating everything and it seemed great tried it again today and it did the same although the controller was set in normal mode not cine, and I did accidentally press the recenter gimbal button before taking off also I have got one new and one old battery, here the new link, thanks in advance.

https://youtu.be/ONcYRNzL_2g?si=KvxwfgqndA4S5g-Q
2023-11-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_AtEY4j5LZ0ll Posted at 11-10 09:39
DJI Wanda please accept my apologies for not getting back sooner, I've reposted the video as I had issues after the last upload, I have tried the drone recently after recalibrating everything and it seemed great tried it again today and it did the same although the controller was set in normal mode not cine, and I did accidentally press the recenter gimbal button before taking off also I have got one new and one old battery, here the new link, thanks in advance.

https://youtu.be/ONcYRNzL_2g?si=KvxwfgqndA4S5g-Q

Hi there, thank you for sharing. The avoidance speed is set based on the angle at which the gimbal exceeds the joint angle endpoint. Generally, the spring-back angle is within 15°.
2023-11-10
Use props
djiuser_AtEY4j5LZ0ll
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 11-10 20:19
Hi there, thank you for sharing. The avoidance speed is set based on the angle at which the gimbal exceeds the joint angle endpoint. Generally, the spring-back angle is within 15°.
Sorry I'm new to this that's gone straight over my head, could it be something I'm doing that causes this to happen?.   Or is there any settings I can check or modify to avoid this happening in the future??
2023-11-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_AtEY4j5LZ0ll Posted at 11-11 06:25
Sorry I'm new to this that's gone straight over my head, could it be something I'm doing that causes this to happen?.   Or is there any settings I can check or modify to avoid this happening in the future??

May we know how about the wind speed at that time? How did you control the joystick?
2023-11-11
Use props
djiuser_AtEY4j5LZ0ll
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Um it wasn't excessively high but maybe close to the warning, and was turning and yawing at the same time
2023-11-12
Use props
djiuser_AtEY4j5LZ0ll
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I'd say maybe 15-20 knots
2023-11-12
Use props
djiuser_AtEY4j5LZ0ll
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi I just took it out the other day and it got what's called a jello effect, it was flying above sea Infront of cliffs in a coastal area, I'm guessing that factors like wind and temperatures and how it's flown can effect the camera.  Just for peace of mind though I no longer have the original box for my drone but if I needed to send it for repairs paid for by myself would not having the original box be an issue when sending it to yourselfs??
2023-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules