Unable to get Ronin-S Focus Wheel to scroll
294 8 2023-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tdgm
lvl.1
United States

Hello

I can not seem to get the scroll wheel to work and adjust the focus motor.  

Equipment DJI RS3 Pro Gimball (firmware uptodate)
DJI RS Focus Motor (2022)
Ronin-S Focus Wheel
DJI Ronin App (uptodate)
Iphone 13 Pro (uptodate)
RavemEye Video transmitter (uptodate) can use the focus control to move the motor.

Canon R6

Gimball turns on properly as well as the RavenEye. Can control Focus  motor with the front dial set to Focus motor. Chnage to pan  and in  Raveneye can also calibrate the focus mtor thru RavenEye. Turn off focus  control in RavenEye and thelp then can cause a focus motor calibration  from the Focus Wheel and get a solid green light BUT WHEN I TRY TO USE  THE SCROLL WHEEL NOTHING HAPPENS

Please  Help

Steve Herrman TDGM

2023-11-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Do you mean the dial? Could you please record a video for us to further verify the issue?
2023-11-3
Use props
Tdgm
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-3 23:12
Hello, there. Do you mean the dial? Could you please record a video for us to further verify the issue?

Hello DJI Wanda

It is not the front dial on the Gimball but the wheel or dial on the Ronin-S Focus Wheel mounted on the Gimball. I will try to get you a video tomorrow.

Steve Herrman TDGM
2023-11-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Tdgm Posted at 11-3 23:56
Hello DJI Wanda

It is not the front dial on the Gimball but the wheel or dial on the Ronin-S Focus Wheel mounted on the Gimball. I will try to get you a video tomorrow.

Thank you, we will wait for your reply.
2023-11-4
Use props
Tdgm
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 11-4 01:05
Thank you, we will wait for your reply.

Hi Wanda

Hopefully the video in the link shows my situation. Even though I do not show the Ronin App being able to control the focus motor but it did and I actually turned off the app before checking the Ronin-S Wheel.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/l ... 68jq5sy347&dl=0
2023-11-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Tdgm, thank you for sharing. We will forward to our engineer team to check first and get you update soon. Thanks.
2023-11-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi Tdgm, here is the update from our engineers. You could try as the following first. Thanks.

1. Please reset the gimbal to restore gimbal parameters
2. Please set the front dial function to other functions besides the follow focus motor (such as follow focus), and then use the external follow focus wheel to calibrate the follow focus motor before use
3. Please try installing the external follow focus wheel to the other side of the stabilizer
4. Please refresh the firmware through the Ronin APP under the the follow focus motor and follow focus wheel on the gimbal to see if the firmware is abnormal.
5. If the front wheel can control the focus motor normally, but the external follow wheel cannot, it is suggested to send back for further diagnosis.
2023-11-5
Use props
Tdgm
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 11-5 20:07
Hi Tdgm, here is the update from our engineers. You could try as the following first. Thanks.

1. Please reset the gimbal to restore gimbal parameters

Tried all your suggestions and the only thing not working is the scroll wheel will not turn the focus motor but it will calibrate the motor.

I do have a question though The Focus Motor DJI focus motor (2022) has 2 usb -c connections on it which one should I use or do I need to use both? If both where would I get the pig tail connection.
Also how do you refresh firmware of the of the focus motor and the scroll wheel?

If Ineed to send in where and how?

Steve Herrman TDGM
2023-11-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Tdgm Posted at 11-5 23:38
Tried all your suggestions and the only thing not working is the scroll wheel will not turn the focus motor but it will calibrate the motor.

I do have a question though The Focus Motor DJI focus motor (2022) has 2 usb -c connections on it which one should I use or do I need to use both? If both where would I get the pig tail connection.

Hi Tdgm, both ports have the same function, and you could connect with one of them.

At the same time, if the issue still persists after the above troubleshooting, you could register through the following link, https://repair.dji.com/, to create a case and send back the device for diagnosis. If you need assistance while submitting, you could also contact with our support service http://www.dji.com/support. Thanks.
2023-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules