Mavic 2 Pro Firmware Error 180
5926 19 2023-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ishka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1841 ft
United States

I updated my Mavic 2 Pro to the latest firmware this morning that supposed to bring it over in compliance with the FAA rules of RID. I am running the Smart Controller that came with it to fly it.
I went into the field to test the new firmware and long behold, I cannot take off at all. I get the unknown error 180, Contact DJI. So at this moment I have the drone I cannot use it and there is nothing that I see online to fix it. I thought that the Mavic 2 Pro was on the list for a RID firmware update, but it seems that maybe only the drone is updated and not the controller? So what I am supposed to do now? The darn dronetag app cannot be installed sideloaded as an apk because it crashes on opening. So I cannot use an external RID beacon with this configuration.
2023-11-3
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Did you also update the controller and the app?
2023-11-3
Use props
Ishka
lvl.2
United States

It’s a smart controller. Provided by DJI with bells and whistles. It’s built on non Google play android. So all needs to come from DJI. No update on that setup available as I checked from the device update page
2023-11-3
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ishka Posted at 11-3 11:48
It’s a smart controller. Provided by DJI with bells and whistles. It’s built on non Google play android. So all needs to come from DJI. No update on that setup available as I checked from the device update page

Use the browser on the SC to go to the DJI downloads website.  Download and install the app.  
2023-11-3
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

There Is absolutely no need to install the drone tag app on the SC!   Install it on your phone, use it to configure the module and then never need to use it again.  The external module does everything required with no need for the SC to be involved in the RID process at all with the external module.
2023-11-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hello, there. Thank you for bringing this query up and sorry for the inconvenience. Please try to update the app via the DJI Go 4 app: "Me" > Settings> Check for Update (Make sure the DJI Smart controller has an internet connection) or use the built-in browser and visit https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 to download and installation. I hope this information helps. Please feel free to keep us posted anytime.
2023-11-3
Use props
fansf7cefd62
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27648 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

On my Smart Controller,Video and Photo of Smart Controller I used the built-in browser and downloaded the newest DJI GO 4 App and installed it.  However, when I select to update the FIRMWARE, I get the same problem. STUCK on 1% installation.  Frustrating...

2023-11-4
Use props
DarrellNelson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27648 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

fansf7cefd62 Posted at 11-4 15:34
On my Smart Controller,Video and Photo of Smart Controller I used the built-in browser and downloaded the newest DJI GO 4 App and installed it.  However, when I select to update the FIRMWARE, I get the same problem. STUCK on 1% installation.  Frustrating...
https://cdn.djivideos.com/video_play/3e95ae34-6a86-459c-8e6f-0df59822b563

. It appears to have worked on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro drone.  Hummmm
2023-11-4
Use props
Ishka
lvl.2
United States

Side Loaded Opera Browser from the Amazon App Store and then used it to download the updates. For this case however, I used the Me, Settings Check for Updates and it got the new version of the app. Successful flight today
2023-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Ishka Posted at 11-7 10:00
Side Loaded Opera Browser from the Amazon App Store and then used it to download the updates. For this case however, I used the Me, Settings Check for Updates and it got the new version of the app. Successful flight today

Perfect. We are glad you finally got it fixed. Please reach back if you need further assistance. We appreciate your great support.
2023-11-11
Use props
djiuser_PtrBTQUJDeQS
lvl.1
United States

KlooGee Posted at 11-3 11:50
Use the browser on the SC to go to the DJI downloads website.  Download and install the app.

It worked for me also! Thanks for the heads up! The silly Mavic 2 assistant kept corrupting the firmware upgrade for RFID and kept getting error 180.

I had to go the route you suggested!

https://www.djl.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4

Download the APK version! Go to downloads on the Smart Remote Controller. Upgrade away!!!

2023-11-27
Use props
NoblerZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 776772 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-11 03:49
Perfect. We are glad you finally got it fixed. Please reach back if you need further assistance. We appreciate your great support.

Can you give us a breakdown of how RID works in the app, where it's located within the app, how to verify  that it's transmitting and so-on?  I've updated the firmware 5 times now via the Assistant app/PC, Go4 is up to date on both android devices I use to fly.  UUID is THE ONLY thing that remotely resembles any kind of ID system.  Also, is a strong GPS signal required for both the M2P AND the Android device for RID to show up in the app?  Starting to get very frustrated
2023-11-27
Use props
bjpt1000
New

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 11-3 13:09
Hello, there. Thank you for bringing this query up and sorry for the inconvenience. Please try to update the app via the DJI Go 4 app: "Me" > Settings> Check for Update (Make sure the DJI Smart controller has an internet connection) or use the built-in browser and visit https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4 to download and installation. I hope this information helps. Please feel free to keep us posted anytime.

Thank you, installing the update this way fixed the error.
2023-11-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

bjpt1000 Posted at 11-29 08:33
Thank you, installing the update this way fixed the error.

You're welcome. I'm glad to know that the issue is resolved. Should you have any DJI-related concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you, and have a great day!
2023-11-29
Use props
unixstricken
New

United States

i  have the same problem after multiple updates and then it worked for a few flights. Now the issue returns. Please help this is really frustrating
1-16 16:58
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

unixstricken Posted at 1-16 16:58
i  have the same problem after multiple updates and then it worked for a few flights. Now the issue returns. Please help this is really frustrating

Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble that this has caused. Please confirm what firmware version are you currently using on your DJI Mavic 2 Pro that experiencing this issue. We will wait for your response. Thank you.
1-16 19:47
Use props
GregoryS
New

United States

So I have been through hell on this and wanted to add my experience. Have a Mavic 2 Zoom and had not used it for a while. Have the Smart Controller. Went through updates on the drone and also on the controller and thought I was good. Took forever. I cant tell how many times I tried to update the controller via the web, let is sit over night, never went off of 0% updating. Also assistant 2 would not recognize the controller after several cable tries and different configurations, USB-C to USB and backwards, etc. Had to download the Assistant 2 for the Mavic specifically, downloaded the wrong originally to update firmware on the smart controller. This only worked after wiping and resetting the smart controller and then plugging in to computer directly.and finally the assistant 2 saw the smart controller, which is no longer supported.  Then after getting home the drone would fly in the house but not outside and I was incredibly frustrated after spending about 3 hours on this. Error 180 again. Finally went to the controller, then to the DJI GO 4 app, which I had previously updated and went to settings and then updated it on the controller and finally this morning it flys. Holy crap.
3-19 11:15
Use props
PETERMAVIC3PRO
New

United States

Update DJI GO 4 to V 4.3.60 no more Error 180
4-14 13:01
Use props
Poppa John
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11982 ft
United States

I have a similar problem.  I fly a DJI Mavic 2 Zoom with a DJI Smart Controller.  Hadn't flown since last year--tried to take off this morning and was informed I had to update my firmware.  I downloaded and installed the new software.  My controller now says it is up-to-date, but when I tried to take off, I got a notice that the drone could not take off--I had an error Code 180 and was to contact DJI Support.  I then checked the general flight information and my controller and was told I needed to re-calibrate my vision sensors which I have been trying to do on my iMac (my newer iMac is running OS Monterey which apparently is not compatible with the DJI Assistant 2 software.  Fortunately, I have an older iMac running High Sierra (OS 10.13.6) on which I installed the DJI Assistant 2 app.  But now when I plugged my drone into the computer using the USB cable, the DJI Assistant apparently does not recognize it and leaves me stuck on the screen showing a graphic of a USB cable being plugged into a PC.  The banner at the top of the screen has a very limited menu and identifies the program only as DJIBrowser.  I did install the program several times until I get the notice in the Privacy and Security Setting giving me the option to all programs to run by the developer Joshua Wise so I think the DJI Assistant program was properly installed.  Can anyone help me get flying again?
4-18 08:22
Use props
Poppa John
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11982 ft
United States

PETERMAVIC3PRO Posted at 4-14 13:01
Update DJI GO 4 to V 4.3.60 no more Error 180

I am always very grateful for those user/experts who take the time to share their expertise on fora such as this one with those of us who need help.  This advice solved the problem of my Mavic 2 Zoom which would not take off this morning with an error code of 180.  I checked the version of the DJI 4 Go app that was installed on my Smart Controller and discovered that it was not the latest version.  I updated as advised to Ver 4.3.60 and my problem was solved.  I also have not had a re-occurrence of the warning that I needed to re-calibrate my vision sensors.  Incidentally, how to update the DJI 4 Go app on the Smart Controller is far from intuitive.  In that context, this video was invaluable.  https://duckduckgo.com/?q=DJI+HOW+to+upgrade+smart+controller+to+latest+version+of+DJI+Go+4+app&t=osx&iax=videos&ia=videos&iai=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dw7xI03VqiJU
4-18 13:41
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules