Upside down and full speed, how to shut off?
3777 12 2014-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmlooper
lvl.1
United States

OK...first off I'm real new at this.  Phantom 2 Vision +  Only had the drone for a few days. Yesterday i was hovering over the top of a shrub and pulled the stick down instead of up. Anyhow it trimmed the shrub and turned over at full speed on all 4. I had to be real calm and not amputate fingertips. I tried everything to stop the motors, did the CSC, held down the descent knob hoping it would stop after 3 seconds. Nope, this thing was getting difficult to hold onto. The Phone app said "Going Home". I tried flipping both S1 and S2. it finally stopped after about 4 minutes. I have the rotor guards installed which allowed the rotors to turn when the drone was on it's back. What is the procedure for shut down here?  Thanks
2014-12-9
Use props
raiedzeidan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 755033 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same way to boot it up or if you were landing it. Put both controls inwards to each other.  (Left stick to the bottom right), (right stick to bottom left)
2014-12-9
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

With the NazaM FC on an F450, I've had an upside down experience or two where the inversion or the airframe confused the FC so badly that the motors would not shut off.
Since you say that you tried everything (CSC, etc.)...
If you can safely hold onto it (like you said without amputating fingertips) just disconnect the lipo.
In the case of the P2V+, just push the power button, then hold the power button down until the green LEDs go out.
2014-12-9
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, I had no idea an inversion could cause this. GOOD TO KNOW!

Is it possible thought that since it was in RTH mode (you mentioned the screen read "Return to Home") that the CSC command wouldn't work?  You said you toggled S1. Did you toggle it from top to bottom and back? and when you did, did the "Going Home" message disappear?

Very, very good to know. Although I hope I never experience an inversion! haha How did the camera and gimble make out? Did they survive the accident?
2014-12-9
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

I don't think it's just the inversion.
It's the inversion combined with a crash...

Also, if your craft is upside down on the ground with the motors apparently stopped, don't count on that to be true.
I've picked up the seemingly stopped airframe only to have the motors resume spinning once they are free to do so.

And, get to the downed craft ASAP!
A stalled motor can really heat up an ESC...

Never had a fire myself, but a fellow club member lost a 600 size heli when he took his time getting to the downed craft with a stalled rotor.
2014-12-9
Use props
Dboy
lvl.3

China

Almost same condition with you.
The drone was head into a woodwork and the motor was stuck by the net. Then I immediately do CSC, and the motor stopped.
I think if you power off your RC before doing CSC, you need to switch S1 to re-gain the control, otherwise your drone will start the fall-safe mode
2014-12-9
Use props
DJI-szz
lvl.1

China

hi, do you mean that you can not stop the motor by CSC or held down the descent knob?

It seems that the copter lost control signal after timming the shrub.

that 's why you can not stop motor.

if P2 V+ lost control ,the copter wil fly home,then you can re-gain the control of copter by flipping the S1.

CSC will be useless until you regain the control.

Hope these information is useful for you, my friend.
2014-12-10
Use props
jmlooper
lvl.1
United States

raiedzeidan@gma Posted at 2014-12-10 04:04
Same way to boot it up or if you were landing it. Put both controls inwards to each other.  (Left st ...

That is the CSC maneuver. It would not shut off doing this. Now that I think about what happened, I prolly could of just held it upright and let go and hope it hovers in place.
2014-12-10
Use props
jmlooper
lvl.1
United States

T J Gilbert Posted at 2014-12-10 04:14
With the NazaM FC on an F450, I've had an upside down experience or two where the inversion or the a ...

The unit has the v3.0 battery that is difficult to remove from the drone. The phone app said "going home" and I could not abort. I think the GPS was confused due to me holding it in place when it was trying to go home. Is that a possibility?
2014-12-10
Use props
jmlooper
lvl.1
United States

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-12-10 04:30

Is it possible thought that since i ...

Everything was working fine afterwards. Yes, I toggled S1 and S2 both and it would not abort the "going home" process. If it happens again...I will try the battery shutdown process but I believe I tried that and it would not shut down.
2014-12-10
Use props
jmlooper
lvl.1
United States

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-12-10 04:30

Is it possible thought that since i ...

I was just a few steps away. There were no interference on any of the motors and all were turning fine. I'm not a big person and I swear this thing was trying to lift me off the ground...haha
2014-12-10
Use props
jmlooper
lvl.1
United States

DJI-szz Posted at 2014-12-10 16:27
hi, do you mean that you can not stop the motor by CSC or held down the descent knob?

It seems that ...

This is useful info. This is probably the reason the CSC would not work. I definately did not have control.
2014-12-10
Use props
DJI-szz
lvl.1

China

jmlooper Posted at 2014-12-11 04:45
This is useful info. This is probably the reason the CSC would not work. I definately did not have ...

Glad to hear that.
haha, when a accident happen, please calm down.
Then you can propably save your copter,if not it will fly away,hit something or fall down.
Some newbies had lost their copter by carelessly control.
2014-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules