Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_cZBsFvpZWsi1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38501 ft
Chile

Hi,

New to Osmos series here.

Just trying out a Pocket 3, that as specs, internal audio recording should be 48Khz - 16Bits. When I import camera files in Davinci Resolve, the audio track is recognized as 48Khz - 32 Bits. Also if you just open the file in VLC for example.

Is this normal? Recorded at 48Khz 16bits, but encoded to a 32Bit file maybe?

Cheers!

2023-11-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_cZBsFvpZWsi1. Thank you for reaching out. Just to confirm, are you using the internal microphone or the DJI Mic 2?
2023-11-5
Use props
djiuser_cZBsFvpZWsi1
lvl.2
Chile

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-5 05:38
Hi, djiuser_cZBsFvpZWsi1. Thank you for reaching out. Just to confirm, are you using the internal microphone or the DJI Mic 2?

Imternal  mic.
2023-11-5
Use props
EnTuMente
lvl.3

Spain

Well, it can't be because the internal microphone does not record at 32 bits.
2023-11-7
Use props
djiuser_cZBsFvpZWsi1
lvl.2
Chile

EnTuMente Posted at 11-7 09:41
Well, it can't be because the internal microphone does not record at 32 bits.

That's exactly why I know also. Happy to know if other users have the same issue.
2023-11-7
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

That's interesting.  I was told by a well known reviewer that implementing 32 bit float for internal mic recording was planned for a future update, but it looks like you've got it early!  Or maybe it was there all along and nobody noticed.  Or you accidentally triggered it with some hidden menu option you didn't know was there... anyway, I look forward to more news on this matter.  Having a 32 bit float stereo audio recorder which happens to also capture high quality video would be aa cool thing.   I think it woud be a "first" in video cameras of any sort.  Same as the Action 2 was the first video camera with USB-C audio support.  DJI certainly know how to innovate.
2023-11-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Thank you for the reply, djiuser_cZBsFvpZWsi1. Let me confirn this with our relevant team.
2023-11-10
Use props
Junior-PR
lvl.1

Brazil

djiuser_cZBsFvpZWsi1, try checking the audio file information with another program. VLC often gives this wrong information about this.
2023-11-10
Use props
djiuser_cZBsFvpZWsi1
lvl.2
Chile

Junior-PR Posted at 11-10 09:27
djiuser_cZBsFvpZWsi1, try checking the audio file information with another program. VLC often gives this wrong information about this.

I already put on the post. VLC & Davinci Resolve & Lot of other Softwre.
2023-11-10
Use props
lipatajeffrey28
New

Saudi Arabia

I noticed that too when I use my 1st gen wireless mic of DJI. Suppose it is connected through the adapter or the USB C of the receiver to my action 4. I tried an audio test between the internal sound of the action 4, the internal recording of the DJI mic, and the action 4 with the DJI wireless mic wired connected. I found that the internal audio and the wireless mic wired connected are way better than the internal recording of the DJI wireless mic. Especially when I post-edit it, I guess that is true for 32-bit audio coz the gain gets slightly lower and the dynamic range is way better in post. I'm not a sound engineer but IMO the audio from Action 4 is awesome.
3-24 05:20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules