123Next >
5640 113 2023-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nightlight
lvl.2
Slovakia

Hello Pocket 3 community,

I'm starting this thread with the idea of sharing my added feature wishlist - what I hope would be included in the upcoming firmware updates:
  • 4:3 recording mode as an addition to 16:9, 1:1 and 9:16
    Why? Because the sensor is 4:3 and I would like to utilize it's whole size to later crop the same footage for both vertical and horizontal output. If I crop to 16:9 from 1:1 video, I lose a lot of the sensor size, which is pity. And I think that Action 4 can record in 4:3 too. Even if the resolution is not full 4k by 3k, this would be a gread advantage so I hope it's coming in the future.
  • Full width display preview in any aspect ratio
    Why? Because when I'm recording 1:1 video, I would like to rather crop into it and utilize the whole width of the new beautiful display instead of seeing small rectangular picture with black stripes on sides.
  • More grid options than just 3x3
    Why? Because when I'm recording 1:1 video that I later want to crop both horizontally and vertically, I would like to see what areas approximately will be covered. For this, a 4x4 grid would work better. But still the point 2 is preferred.

I'm wondering what features would other people like to see and I hope someone from DJI will read this. Pocket 3 is an awesome device and with the suggestions above, it would be perfect (at least for my usage). I simply think it deserves much more 'pro' options / settings. Please DJI, think about my suggestions when working on a new firmware.

Thank you

2023-11-3
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

1. I would request improve gimbal pan motion.
   At current firmware, I see pan motor speed varis while following the pan motion. This doesn't look good in final result.

2. Square crop of 16:9 video in vertical screen rotation.
   I used to OP1 and 2's square screen with full screen crop.
   In OP3's 16:9 screen, horizontal screen draw too much attention in some situations.
   I like to have the screen in vertical rotation and have the 16:9 video preview cropped just enough to be a square.

3. Manual focus pull with joystic.
   We already can change the joystic vertical axis to control zoom.
   It would be nice to be able to change the joystic horizontal axis to control focus pull.

4. Exposure compensation control with joysitc.
   We already can change the joystic vertical axis to control zoom.
   It would be nice to be able to change the joystic horizontal axis to control exposure compensation in auto mode.

5. Diagonal grid option.
   As it saids.

2023-11-3
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

Add these features for *ALL* Osmo Pocket series:

- Timelapse / Motionlapse:

- Add the ability to choose between "JPEG+VIDEO" / "RAW only" / "JPEG only" instead of the "JPEG + VIDEO" which is cumbersome.
   I will anyway build my timelapse on my computer so I only need the pictures and if I would need the video then I still could use the option.

- Lower the minimum time between frames to 1s in timelapse on OP1/OP2/OP3
  On the OP3, it is actually 3 seconds in timelapse but it is 0.5 s in motionlapse which doesn't make sense at all.
  Do the same on the OP1, lower the minimum timelapse/motionlapse picture interval to 1 second max.
  If it can't be done while recording both pictures + video, just lower it to 1s when it's only pictures mode (add the ability to choose the output, as asked just above)

- MIMO : Add the USB-C MIMO connexion back (for OP3)
  Either using the standard USB-C provided cable or with an extension. I'm used to doing this with the OP1 and it's way better.
  I don't want to have to actually enable all the required things like bluetooth + wifi + localisation on my phone just to be able to use MIMO, it's draining the battery and cumbersome.

- Live streaming:

- Add/Fix the online live streaming feature on OP1 and *fix it* on OP3
   => It is currently impossible to make it work (I think that's the same broken feature on the OP2 but I can't confirm as I don't own one)
  We should be able to live stream on any device (from OP1 to OP3) as long as there is the Wifi extension (OP1) from the mobile phone within/from the MIMO app.

- Youtube/Twitch/RTMP (kick or whatever) should be fully supported.

- Add the ability to provide a token key (for twitch) using RTMP.

- Webcam mode:

- Provide the required API to the open source developers community

*OR/AND*

- Develop a tool/plugin for OBS Studio allowing the user to control the gimball when the OP is plugged to the PC.
  That would be really cool and awesome to have the face tracking ability enabled while streaming.

- Screen off while recording timer option on all OP (only OP3 has this).
2023-11-3
Use props
VKTRS
lvl.3
Germany

According to the first point: I am not sure that the sensor has an aspect ration of 4:3, but I would appreciate an addition of this aspect ratio a lot as the sensor size itself has (roughly) the size of a super16mm film and a 4:3 ratio would offer the "classic" 16mm film aspect ratio.

If this is not possible, adding another grid option to show the visible area for this aspect ratio (that means just two vertical bars, so this is not literally a grid).

Further feature ideas:

- Add real 24p (instead or in addition to the existing 23,98p recording). I am aware of the historical reason for this setting, but I cannot see any real world advantage of 23,98p over 24p these days. This is especially interesting if you mix recording with other footage recorded in 24p.

- Manual white balance by pointing the camera to some white area instead of dialing in the colour temperature.

- "Exposure lock mode": Do not change the exposure after recording started, use the initial measured values for shutter speed, ISO and white balance. Make this independent of setting auto focus mode.

And a future product idea: based on the sensor of the pocket 3 build a camcorder with interchangeable lens mount (e.g. micro 4/3rd as DJI, IIRC,  is already a member of the m4/3 alliance and there are already a lot of lenses and mount adapters available). This could be the perfect "digital Bolex D16" successor.
2023-11-4
Use props
BinaryDigits
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Audio
Add the ability to have both the mic2 and the internal mics active simultaneously, perhaps with a balance control within the Audio Settings. This would allow stereo ambience from the mics integral to the Pocket 3 to be recorded mixed together with the mono detailed audio from the mic2.
2023-11-4
Use props
VKTRS
lvl.3
Germany

BinaryDigits Posted at 11-4 01:08
Audio
Add the ability to have both the mic2 and the internal mics active simultaneously, perhaps with a balance control within the Audio Settings. This would allow stereo ambience from the mics integral to the Pocket 3 to be recorded mixed together with the mono detailed audio from the mic2.

As a workaround, if you activate the internal recording for the external mic and disconnect it from the Pocket, you should be able to record on the internal and external mics simultaneous (granted, you have to make sure that you start recording on both devices and you have to integrate the external audio track in post production.)
2023-11-4
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Auto pan left/right/up/down ..
2023-11-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, nightlight. Thank you for taking the time to submit your wishlist. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward them to our related department. After the evaluation of the related department, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at (www.dji.com) or by checking the Release Notes specific to your product. Thank you for your continued support.
2023-11-4
Use props
djiuser_TnN1tRdSgBtg
New
United Kingdom

Photo mode

Add longer shutter speed up to a max of 30 seconds even 15 seconds would be amazing.

The 1 inch sensor will allow some amazing long exposure shots but we need the shutter speeds to achieve them.
2023-11-4
Use props
gs9178
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Display realtime ISO / Shutter Speed on main screen (Even when recording).
Cotninues Timecode syncing without havign to unplug/plug Timecode device (ie. Tentacle Sync)
2023-11-4
Use props
Rishio
lvl.3
Taiwan

First off, DJI got so many things right with this camera that it's hard to complain. That said, with my limited one day use experience:

Wish List
1. Square aspect ratio option when screen flipped vertical
2. Longer shutter speed for long exposure photography
3. Raw only photos
4. Display realtime ISO / Shutte Speed
5. Use Joystick to control all menus (like settings)

FYI, I believe the sensor is 5:4 and not 4:3. Here is my reasoning:
- 4K (16:9) mode is at 3840x2160, which to me means the width of the sensor is 3840
- 3k (9:16) mode is at 1728x3072, which to me means the height of the sensor is 3072
- 3840 / 3072 = 1.25 = 5/4

2023-11-4
Use props
Konalure
lvl.1
United States

Update Mimo app and allow HEVC (H265) data to be sent to You Tube with a decent bitrate...  Maybee a higher resolution? is 1440p possible?  Livestreaming should be top notch with this camera but I still find phones can do a lot better job still.. and the webcam feeds I've seen are jittery and not smooth at all ..  This camera should be able to output webcam feed buttery smooth like a insta 360 link or any other webcam...  
2023-11-4
Use props
djiuser_5lUiiujh6MH2
New

United States

Shooting slow motion when in vertical mode.
2023-11-4
Use props
StefanDjiMini2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2004350 ft
Germany

hehe2 Posted at 11-3 21:04
Add these features for *ALL* Osmo Pocket series:

- Timelapse / Motionlapse:

Would be very generous of DJI if they add these features to older the previous Pockets as they don't usually do any more software updates after a max of 2 years
2023-11-5
Use props
daveypoo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 328176 ft
  • >>>
United States

Soooo many jerky studders with this current gimbal firmware.
At first I thought they were dropped frames, nope.....It happens when holding the gimbal steady with NO movement.
Also, when holding steady, the gimbal has constant movement.
We need a firmware as the video is impacted especially when panning no matter how slow
you do it.  Lets gat a firmware update asap as I also see it in the many reviews online too!
Thanks!
2023-11-5
Use props
Andreas Dueck
Second Officer
Switzerland

daveypoo Posted at 11-5 06:59
Soooo many jerky studders with this current gimbal firmware.
At first I thought they were dropped frames, nope.....It happens when holding the gimbal steady with NO movement.
Also, when holding steady, the gimbal has constant movement.

Do you also see this when you watch the same videos on your smartphone?
2023-11-5
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rishio Posted at 11-4 15:36
First off, DJI got so many things right with this camera that it's hard to complain. That said, with my limited one day use experience:

Wish List

4:3 or 5:4, it is still being software limited.  DJI please remove that software limitation.
2023-11-6
Use props
djiuser_DXuQuWZzxfvZ
New

Poland

My suggestions.

1. Locking exposure (iso, shutter, ab, focus) on long press on screen.
2. Ability to change focus change speed while recording and tapping on screen to make focus pulls.
3. Natural color preview while recording in log profile.

Idea for pocket 4 pro
Two lenses. Wide and tele lens. Like in mavic 3 pro
2023-11-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_DXuQuWZzxfvZ Posted at 11-6 08:31
My suggestions.

1. Locking exposure (iso, shutter, ab, focus) on long press on screen.

Thank you for your recommendations. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-11-8
Use props
djiuser_Gvd4XzYomDtI
New
China

I bought a ND filter which is not recognized. For shutdown it can smash the filter in the parking position but it is then jammed. It would be nice if there is a option that the pocket is not moving the lens in the direction of the gimbal arm so the filter is not smashed at the gimbal arm.
2023-11-9
Use props
SirAirOne
New

France

As already mention:
Photo mode:
- long exposure up to 30s

Timelapse
- long exposure, up to 30s
- or a timelapse mode for night timelapses for milkyway timelapses, or northern lights timelapses.

Custom profils
- possibility to rename the custom profiles
2023-11-11
Use props
geo.
lvl.4

United States

SirAirOne Posted at 11-11 11:13
As already mention:
Photo mode:
- long exposure up to 30s

Renaming Custom Profiles would be one more thing that makes it easy and fast to be ready to respond to opportunities in the field.
Having to remember them just slows you down.
Please consider this as you work on updates.
Love the Pocket 3 - brilliant.
Best,
geo
2023-11-11
Use props
twd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36184 ft
Morocco

I wish there a possibility to lock screen once I start filming or a possibility to remove screen boutons like gimbal rotation i really dont find useful especially that i can use joystick 3 time to rotate the gimbal.
2023-11-11
Use props
awyeah
lvl.1
Switzerland

One request would be:
One request on my wish list: STOP USING CHEAP QUALITY PARTS

Batteries should be at least tested and durable with guaranteed quality. They should not be manufactured in places like Bangladesh or Kenya. Buying a 500 USD camera in 2023 and the battery is dead within 15 days of use, this is terrible!!!

My experience with Pocket 2: 9/10
My experience with Pocket 3: 1/10

Full post here of my issues:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D925%26typeid%3D925
2023-11-11
Use props
BinaryDigits
lvl.3
United Kingdom

+1 for ability to rename custom profiles.
2023-11-11
Use props
treben
lvl.2
Flight distance : 281916 ft
  • >>>
United States

Some ideas for future firmware improvements:

1. On-Camera focus peaking with adjustable sensitivity - sometimes it can be hard to tell if something is in focus on the smaller screen. this would be helpful to check focus especially with movement in the scene
2. D-Log M for slomo and hyperlapse video - not sure if this is a hardware limitation or was just overlooked

3. Ability to change focus speed - as mentioned above. would be cool for effects. adjustable focus speed for continuous focus mode to have slower focus transitions. Also while recording and tapping on screen to make focus pulls with customizable focus speed. Would also be great to be able to lock focus to inifinity.

4. Make the gimbal rotate button at the bottom right of the screen into a customizable button - would be great if this could be a customizable button to set as a quick setting. personally would like to set it to focus mode.

For the next pocket I would really like to see variable aperture if possible. Really enjoying this camera so far though.

2023-11-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

treben Posted at 11-12 16:52
Some ideas for future firmware improvements:

1. On-Camera focus peaking with adjustable sensitivity - sometimes it can be hard to tell if something is in focus on the smaller screen. this would be helpful to check focus especially with movement in the scene

Hi, treben. We appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your feedback to the related department. Thank you for your great support.
2023-11-14
Use props
Drift.dk
lvl.3
  • >>>
South Korea

Make it possible to know the current focus position in photo mode.
2023-11-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Drift.dk Posted at 11-14 22:29
Make it possible to know the current focus position in photo mode.

Hi. This will be forwarded to the related team. We appreciate your feedback. Keep updated on the latest DJI news and updates by visiting the DJI official website at http://dji.com/. Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-15
Use props
loblue
lvl.1

South Korea

Develop a tool/plugin for OBS Studio allowing the user to control the gimball when the OP is plugged to the PC

I desperately want the feature.
It can make  youth sports live streaming.
So many users want the feature.
2023-11-15
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please fix the webcam output for landscape to 16 x 9 it is currently 9 X 16 just like portrait.
2023-11-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

loblue Posted at 11-15 19:30
Develop a tool/plugin for OBS Studio allowing the user to control the gimball when the OP is plugged to the PC

I desperately want the feature.

We appreciate your suggestion. Rest assured this will be forwarded to the related department for evaluation. Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BobWinNV Posted at 11-17 21:48
Please fix the webcam output for landscape to 16 x 9 it is currently 9 X 16 just like portrait.

This will also be referred to the related team to handle. Thank you for your feedback and your great support.
2023-11-18
Use props
Cpt. Joe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28389 ft
Austria

I wish there was more digital zoom (5x - 10x). I know that reduces the quality massively but it's better than nothing, The P3 has a good and high resolution. It would be OK if a small watermark was optionally integrated into the photos with digital zoom.

Lower shutter speeds (30-60 sec or more) for long exposures with an ND filter in photo mode would also be great.

2023-11-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Cpt. Joe Posted at 11-18 01:52
I wish there was more digital zoom (5x - 10x). I know that reduces the quality massively but it's better than nothing, The P3 has a good and high resolution. It would be OK if a small watermark was optionally integrated into the photos with digital zoom.

Higher shutter speeds (30-60 sec or more) for long exposures with an ND filter in photo mode would also be great.

We appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your feedback to the related department. Thank you for your great support.
2023-11-19
Use props
RayNY
lvl.3
United States

Can you please let us name the custom settings instead of just C1 or C2?
2023-11-19
Use props
snoopx
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Please allow for firmware update via SD card rather than Mimo App. Same for Activation.
My old phone wasn't high enough spec and had to borrow a friend's phone.
It's not a good first experience for a user to not be able to use their newly bought camera until activated and the activation requires a high spec phone and internet access, none of which is disclosed to the buyer before purchase.
Also would be nice to have a replaceable battery rather than built-in, but understand the thinking behind it - obsolescence.
Anyhow, apart from the gripes, a nice camera, DJI, expecially the low light performance.
Maybe the next iteration Pocket 4 will have a full frame sensor!

2023-11-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

snoopx Posted at 11-19 08:47
Please allow for firmware update via SD card rather than Mimo App. Same for Activation.
My old phone wasn't high enough spec and had to borrow a friend's phone.
It's not a good first experience for a user to not be able to use their newly bought camera until activated and the activation requires a high spec phone and internet access, none of which is disclosed to the buyer before purchase.

Hi there, snoopx. This will be submitted to the related team for evaluation. We appreciate your feedback. Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

RayNY Posted at 11-19 04:43
Can you please let us name the custom settings instead of just C1 or C2?

Thank you for the suggestion. This will also be referred to the related team. We appreciate your great support.
2023-11-20
Use props
fans6788e183
lvl.1
Germany

4K in vertical video mode, instead of only 3k.
2023-11-20
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules