DJI Osmo Pocket 3 Feature Requests / Wishes
123Next >
5833 113 2023-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RayNY
lvl.3
United States

Please make 10 bit D-LOGM available for H.264.     H.264 is just so much easier to use with Davinci Resolve and even Youtube prefers H.264 uploads.
2023-11-21
Use props
nerodimarte79
lvl.1

Italy

I also add a few requests after a few days of use:

- possibility of reversing the joystick controls as is the case with the Ronin and other gimbals. For many people, myself included, it is much more natural and immediate;

- As written by other users, it would be great to be able to lock the exposure (and maybe even the focus). It could be great to introduce a lock function and then be able to choose what goes into lock (everything, just WB, just exposure, just Focus etc). And in general the way manual exposure and exposure compensation are accessed could be more convenient.

- Option to be able to see on the screen what shutter and iso you are shooting at;

- option to be able to see the focus point while recording;

- it seems strange to me to be able to swipe the EV control bar only after pressing record, why? Am I missing something?

- finally my joystick in going oblique down (both left and right) never replicates the same movement that happens doing it going up. you can hardly get it to move oblique when going down. Is it normal?

I think they are all options that can be integrated and probably more relevant than others already present, making this excellent product even better.
2023-11-22
Use props
Hubaberle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102638 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I like to see an Ease In and Ease Out feature (with adjustable values) for the waypoints in Motionlapse (especially at the end). I missed it on my Pocket 2 and now on the Pocket 3. The hard stops at the end are a shame and makes it hard to combine with other footage in the editor.
2023-11-23
Use props
federnet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691463 ft
  • >>>
Poland

My wishlist:
- make the notifications smaller and on transparent background. Also, display time is too long for them.
- add shortcut on a screen to be able to quickly switch between Follow and Pan Tilt Mode. There was a physical button for it on Pocket 2 and now you have to enter the menu to change follow mode
-focus lock option for reveal shots.
2023-11-23
Use props
federnet
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

And one more:
- either allow focus track in Motionlapse or allow capturing RAW footage in hyperlapse mode.
2023-11-23
Use props
Cpt. Joe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28389 ft
Austria

A nice feature would be the ability to save and select some gimbal positions including the zoom level and maybe a selected tracking person - and - when I go to another saved gimbal position, the gimbal movement is "slow and smooth". This function would be cool for concerts or discussions events  on stages.
2023-11-25
Use props
Cpt. Joe
lvl.4
Austria

And if still a little Space in the programming memory could be another function some kind of motion detection with email or WhatsApp notification - I know, it's more of a function of surveillance cameras, but it would be a completely new, interesting area of application for the OP3 ;-)
2023-11-25
Use props
PeloTom
lvl.2

United States

Konalure Posted at 11-4 20:21
Update Mimo app and allow HEVC (H265) data to be sent to You Tube with a decent bitrate...  Maybee a higher resolution? is 1440p possible?  Livestreaming should be top notch with this camera but I still find phones can do a lot better job still.. and the webcam feeds I've seen are jittery and not smooth at all ..  This camera should be able to output webcam feed buttery smooth like a insta 360 link or any other webcam...

Yes something is wrong with the image quality in Webcam mode.  I suspect the 9x16 output is being cropped in (upscaled) to a 16x9 image for landscape.
2023-11-26
Use props
Sonny B Sherwin
New

Japan

Im not sure if this features exist or not. but Id like a kinda of standby mode. (turn off gimbal)

Id like to be able to look at my footage via the Mimo app without the gimbal being activated.
For example... turn on the pocket 3. then select standby so the gimbal closes up again. Then i put the pocket 3 back in my bag or in my pocket while i review footage.

Right now, i cant review the footage without worrying about damaging the pocket 3. I always have to find a place to place the device

Please let me know if a feature like this already exist

Thank you
2023-11-29
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1634843 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi, The font color of the EV information should be more white because it is quite complex to check the EV information especially during shoot or during preparation. Thiw information is very important to set the exposition. Either brighter color font either histogram or bigger font would be appreciate.
Thanks.
2023-11-29
Use props
Cpt. Joe
lvl.4
Austria

I would like to switch between zoom and gimbal movement by clicking on the joystick - 3x click can recenter the gimbal
2023-11-29
Use props
Paco77
lvl.1

France

As already mention:
Photo mode:
- long exposure up to 30s

Timelapse
- long exposure, up to 30s

Thx a lot
2023-12-1
Use props
VKTRS
lvl.3
Germany

Another suggestion: optional turn off the creation of the LRF files. These are low resolution copies of your video files and I assume these are used for in camera playback. So if one does not use the in camera playback function, it would be great to have an option to turn this off. Why?
- Save memory on the storage card.
- Save battery by avoiding dual encoding of the video stream.
2023-12-3
Use props
nightlight
lvl.2
Czechia

VKTRS Posted at 12-3 05:33
Another suggestion: optional turn off the creation of the LRF files. These are low resolution copies of your video files and I assume these are used for in camera playback. So if one does not use the in camera playback function, it would be great to have an option to turn this off. Why?
- Save memory on the storage card.
- Save battery by avoiding dual encoding of the video stream.

The LRF files can also be used as proxy files for editing. I've never tried but I think you can edit videos directly in the DJI app? I did some experiments with using LRF files as proxies in DaVinci Resolve, so I didn't need to generate them. It can be handy, but I also understand some people might want to turn it off anyway.
2023-12-3
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

Use of the full sensor in photo mode
2023-12-4
Use props
kthhk
lvl.1

Hong Kong

djiuser_DXuQuWZzxfvZ Posted at 11-6 08:31
My suggestions.

1. Locking exposure (iso, shutter, ab, focus) on long press on screen.

Strong agree that an AE lock button is needed.
May be to add a lock button in the Pro menu so that I can be accessed by swiping from right of the screen.
2023-12-5
Use props
OnneW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112546 ft
Netherlands

I'd like to be able to have the webcam mode support 4k.
So I can use it in 4k in OBS for streaming etc.

Or am I lacking knowledge here and is this possible?
2023-12-11
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cpt. Joe Posted at 11-29 12:34
I would like to switch between zoom and gimbal movement by clicking on the joystick - 3x click can recenter the gimbal

This is actually a good suggestion!

At the moment a double click recentres the gimbal, and triple click switches between forward/selfie mode (which is on screen anyways). A single click to switch between zoom/gimbal movement would be great!
2023-12-11
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DemolitionMan14 Posted at 12-4 12:49
Use of the full sensor in photo mode

isn't the fact, that the full sensor is used in 1:1 setting?

I made a comparison and 1:1 gives much more
2023-12-11
Use props
djiuser_yi4PaNHGgr55
lvl.1

United States

Allow longer than 1 sec shutter speed for night sky photography and videography!
2023-12-12
Use props
federnet
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

Allow shooting vertical clips in Low Light mode. Just realized yesterday that it's not ppssible...
2023-12-12
Use props
Emmert
lvl.1

South Korea

it would be good to add "FREEZE MODE" to make a real hand held footages. (In that mode, all axes are locked.)
2023-12-13
Use props
OnneW
lvl.2
Netherlands

While thinking some on my recent usage experience, the list below would make the feature list of the OP 3 perfect for me:

- Photo mode: long exposure / shutter speed for nightsky photography (actually missed that on my trip to Iceland 2 weeks ago)
- Streaming / Webcam mode in 4K (For studio livestreaming)
- Vertical clips in low-light mode
- Zoom in low-light mode
- Switch gimbal movement and zoom in some way other than on screen (for example by single click the joystick) (greyed out since I got informed that the zoom is the same as doing it in editing so I won't be using the zoom much then)
2023-12-13
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

OnneW Posted at 12-13 00:51
While thinking some on my recent usage experience, the list below would make the feature list of the OP 3 perfect for me:

- Photo mode: long exposure / shutter speed for nightsky photography (actually missed that on my trip to Iceland 2 weeks ago)

Bear in mind that the zoom feature on the Pocket 3 is no different from cropping the image when editing - unlike the Pocket 2 which has spare pixels on the sensor to enhance the digital zoom.  So ideally, don't use it unless you don't edit.
2023-12-13
Use props
OnneW
lvl.2
Netherlands

fansfe82067d Posted at 12-13 01:30
Bear in mind that the zoom feature on the Pocket 3 is no different from cropping the image when editing - unlike the Pocket 2 which has spare pixels on the sensor to enhance the digital zoom.  So ideally, don't use it unless you don't edit.

Thanks, good to know. That kinda lowers the relevance of having the zoom feature easier at hand indeed.
2023-12-13
Use props
Yanncd FrenchStreetMedic
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Hello,
i add :

- possibility to mute the internal mic at any time (even when not using remote mic)

- Keep the streaming setting in the SD card so when you shutdown/restart the OP3, you don't need to go through the Mimo app to restart streaming
2023-12-13
Use props
ahmadc5
New

Bahrain

Please add these to the next update:

1- focus speed control
2- focus and exposure lock on the screen ( like the mobile phones )
2023-12-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice suggestions here. Hope they add many
2023-12-19
Use props
nightlight
lvl.2
Czechia

So it's been a while since I started this thread and I basically still wish the same features, but I would like to correct some of them so I write it again and maybe add some more:
  • 5:4 Open gate recording mode (~ 3840 x 3096 px)
    - This would allow to record a single footage for both vertical and horizontal platforms thanks to cropping in post
  • Preview crop settings
    - For example, I want to record in the 5:4 mode, but I want to utilize the full display for preview which would show a 16:9 cropped region
  • Color graded preview for D-Log M recording (currently it's difficult to distinquish any colors on the screen when recording in D-Log M)
  • Be able to set what recording mode to use when the display is rotated horizontally and which mode to use when the display is rotated vertically
  • Be able to set 4:3 or 3:2 aspect ratio for photos
  • Be able to set aspect ratio for photos which is independent from the video recording mode
Thanks DJI for looking at this, I hope we can see all or most of these features in the upcoming firmware updates

2023-12-19
Use props
JKJenn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42280 ft
  • >>>
United States

How about motion paths for video. It can be done with timelapse, what about regular video?
2023-12-19
Use props
Superior Videos
lvl.3
Australia

Andreas Dueck Posted at 2023-11-5 14:33
Do you also see this when you watch the same videos on your smartphone?

I have just purchased my pocket 3 and I am getting dropped frames while live streaming.
I have it on a fixed tripod and it is more prominent with moving cars and trees.
This needs to be addressed asap. This is all I use the camera for and needs to be fixed.
1-5 22:50
Use props
max1967
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Smo

I would be glad if the megapixels could be raised for more high quality pictures. In Osmo Pocket 2, they used to be 48, now they are less than 10. I am not sure if this is technically feasible. Thanks
1-6 09:21
Use props
GHT91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78678 ft
United Kingdom

To have control of swiping through the EV, ISO, menus and pictures/video using the joystick as you can through the photo, video mode menu
1-7 01:51
Use props
djiuser_qqzlpSh1vDmj
lvl.2
Ireland

Rishio Posted at 2023-11-4 15:36
First off, DJI got so many things right with this camera that it's hard to complain. That said, with my limited one day use experience:

Wish List

What if the visible circle of the lens is smaller than the full sensor (whether it is 5:4 or 4:3) and the visible circle of the lense just covers the 4K area of the lense.  It could mean no firmware update could ever be able to output open gate (or there will be extreme vignetting in the corners of the footage)
1-7 05:20
Use props
Milo Chandler
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just to add to this another vote for a focus lock when in continuous AF (CAF) which I fear is critically missing at the moment.

The DJI Pocket 2 had this when connected to MIMO and I found myself using it a lot in situations where we were using CAF 99% of the time and wanted to do either a reveal shot from behind another object before unlocking it mid-record to engage into CAF or quickly toggle it on to locked to keep the focus in a specific area when using CAF such as in low light situations where the focus may start jumping or to stop it from locking onto something unexpected in the background.

While having Single focus mitigates some of these with no way to fast toggle between the two it's severely impacted workflow moving between P2 and P3 units. In an ideal world if we could re-map a button to be a "focus hold/Lock" for the time it's pushed down that would also be excellent.

The rest of the camera is obviously great and a marked improvement but please DJI fix this ASAP!
1-8 03:09
Use props
Isaac Tazdevil
New

Malaysia

1. Beauty Effect can be export directly from SD instead of Mimo App. Cannot display the effect on Pocket 3 screen is fine, but the footage need to include the effect.
2. Gimbal Lock mode can set without pressing the Joystick
3. Improve active tracking for large object
4. Camera face to screen, the joystick need to follow the direction.
1-9 20:36
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

Full Sensor options in photo and video modes
1-15 09:11
Use props
djiuser_myGiIMAfApz5
New
United States

Joystick inversion option!
1-15 19:09
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello there. We really appreciate your feedback. Rest assured that this will be forwarded to our relevant team for future consideration. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support!
1-15 23:58
Use props
federnet
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

One more guy needing exposure times longer than 1s (which are actually possible in some specific auto modes).
And please fix this horizon leveling feature for Follow and FPV modes, which is not present in any other gimbal on the market. It's getting more annoying the longer I use this nice camera.
1-16 00:46
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules