5832 113 2023-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aavis
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Option to start/stop recording from screen. Why there even is physical record button? Could be just function button and you could change the behavior from the settings.. like start recording or selfie mode when clicked once etc. options. Now that button only has one job.
1-16 10:44
Use props
federnet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1691463 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Aavis Posted at 1-16 10:44
Option to start/stop recording from screen. Why there even is physical record button? Could be just function button and you could change the behavior from the settings.. like start recording or selfie mode when clicked once etc. options. Now that button only has one job.

I miss buttons from OP2, for me it seems that the cost citting went a bit too far.
1-16 14:06
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Aavis Posted at 1-16 10:44
Option to start/stop recording from screen. Why there even is physical record button? Could be just function button and you could change the behavior from the settings.. like start recording or selfie mode when clicked once etc. options. Now that button only has one job.

Hello. We always appreciate every valuable suggestion of our valued customers. We will take this as a suggestion of yours and rest assured that this will be forwarded to our designated team for future consideration. Thank you for your valued support.
1-16 19:19
Use props
djiuser_Ew5n4fHUU86N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83629 ft
Finland

Enable the Pocket 3 gimbal to physically rotate into a vertical position, allowing for the capture of genuine vertical footage without any cropping, all in 4K resolution.
1-17 05:20
Use props
djiuser_Ew5n4fHUU86N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83629 ft
Finland

I am requesting the capability to deactivate the gimbal while downloading large file transfers through the DJI Mimo app. Specifically, when actively using the DJI Mimo app, it would be helpful to have an on-screen option button on the Pocket 3, labeled 'Deactivate Gimbal.' This feature would enable users to temporarily disable the gimbal, ensuring a stable and secure state for the device while efficiently handling the transfer of large files.

I believe this addition would be a valuable enhancement for Pocket 3 users who frequently engage in data transfers while actively using the DJI Mimo app. Thank you for considering this feature request, and I appreciate your continuous efforts to improve your products.
1-17 09:33
Use props
northaal
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_Ew5n4fHUU86N Posted at 1-17 05:20
Enable the Pocket 3 gimbal to physically rotate into a vertical position, allowing for the capture of genuine vertical footage without any cropping, all in 4K resolution.

This is possible. Just hold the handle horizontally.
1-17 12:09
Use props
djiuser_jZ76kG6le8hR
New
Poland

I really need "Locking focus and exposure" by tapping and holding the screen. Super important option!

Now this can be done only by Mimo app what is very uncomfortable.
I mean about that: youtu.be/cbCKpyHOqwI?si=Evb1AJtU8ZVIcp6d&t=799
2-8 04:24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_jZ76kG6le8hR Posted at 2-8 04:24
I really need "Locking focus and exposure" by tapping and holding the screen. Super important option!

Now this can be done only by Mimo app what is very uncomfortable.

Hi there. We appreciate your feedback. We would love to record this suggestion of yours and forward it to our relevant team for attention as DJI is always open to any product improvement suggestions. Have a good one.
2-9 03:08
Use props
djiuser_VgOUQznoOpus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58704 ft
  • >>>
Germany

- Add automatic face exposure for D-Log

When Vlogging in normal mode, my face is super nicely lit, even when filming against the sun. In D-Log, thats not the case (it geht's dark) and the reason why I just film in normal. But I would want to film in D-Log because of the dynamic range.

Problem is, that the D-Log color grading for facial exposure is a super complicated step and a lot of work when vlogging daily.

Please add a on/off option for automatic facial exposure in D-Log.
2-10 04:48
Use props
Arki
lvl.2
Poland

Reduce the display time of pop-up messages. Now it's probably 7s. 3s would be enough. Because every user already knows these messages.

Gimbal
Possibility to set the gimbal to return smoothly after double-clicking the joystick. Now, when I use the gimbal lock and later want to return to recording straight ahead, after pressing the joystick twice, the gimbal returns to the default position very quickly and aggressively. I would like this return to be gentle.

Motionlaps
Possibility to focus on an object close to the camera and perform motionlaps.
2-10 09:29
Use props
DangerousRen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 98179 ft
Canada

I would love and need to have the 4:3 mode or as someone said it was looking like a 5:4 ration.

The option to stabilize in Gyroflow so i can use those small movement move while doing some slide walking or else and behing able to correct the lens distortion of the wide angle lens all at once.

2-10 19:12
Use props
djiuser_qqzlpSh1vDmj
lvl.2
Ireland

djiuser_Ew5n4fHUU86N Posted at 1-17 05:20

But then you lose 1 axis of rotation/stabilization (which is often referred to as a gimbal lock).  

When you rotate the roll of the gimbal 90 degrees, you also rotate the axis that allows for tilt (the up and down). Then end up with 2 axes that can pan (left and right) and no axis to tilt (up and down).

As someone has mentioned, you might be better off just holding the camera on its side
2-11 01:24
Use props
djiuser_qqzlpSh1vDmj
lvl.2
Ireland

I see a lot of people asking for open gate 4:3 or 5:4.

I'm sure DJI can confirm this but I have a gut feeling the aperture of the lens is calibrated so that the circle of light that hits the sensor is optimized for the 4K resolution aspect ratio (16:9).  So that would mean the corners of the sensors won't have any light hitting it.

Again, this is all speculation because DJI don't exactly release the full specs of the sensor.
2-11 01:33
Use props
nightlight
lvl.2
Czechia

djiuser_qqzlpSh1vDmj Posted at 2-11 01:33
I see a lot of people asking for open gate 4:3 or 5:4.

I'm sure DJI can confirm this but I have a gut feeling the aperture of the lens is calibrated so that the circle of light that hits the sensor is optimized for the 4K resolution aspect ratio (16:9).  So that would mean the corners of the sensors won't have any light hitting it.

Hi. I was thinking about it too and maybe it's true, but still such open gate mode would be very useful.
The reason is I could record one footage from which I could crop to both vertical and horizontal platforms. In such case, the very corners would not be used anyway.
Currently the 1:1 mode brings unnecessary crop if I want to make horizontal videos from it.
2-11 01:44
Use props
insert.coin
lvl.2
Ireland

nightlight Posted at 2-11 01:44
Hi. I was thinking about it too and maybe it's true, but still such open gate mode would be very useful.
The reason is I could record one footage from which I could crop to both vertical and horizontal platforms. In such case, the very corners would not be used anyway.
Currently the 1:1 mode brings unnecessary crop if I want to make horizontal videos from it.

I too would find it open gate useful even if there is vignetting.

If the theories around the circle of light is true, I do understand why "Open gate but with Vignetting" would be something that would not be available as a feature.  I work in software development and decisions like this are made all the time due to the negative user feedback that it creates and can become a big PR nightmare to handle.

Perhaps the solution is to go the GoPro labs route where they release these beta/experimental features via a different set of firmware where it is targeted to the power/techy user and takes a couple of steps to get installed (which the average user will just not bother)
2-11 02:43
Use props
nightlight
lvl.2
Czechia

insert.coin Posted at 2-11 02:43
I too would find it open gate useful even if there is vignetting.

If the theories around the circle of light is true, I do understand why "Open gate but with Vignetting" would be something that would not be available as a feature.  I work in software development and decisions like this are made all the time due to the negative user feedback that it creates and can become a big PR nightmare to handle.

I agree, I'm a SW dev too
Such alternative firmware would be a great option, however, it's not something I would expect from DJI.
So far I find a Pocket 3 as a great product with very pro specs, but just with very beginner user settings available.
2-11 02:55
Use props
djiuser_zWbqY7pG3sxj
lvl.1
Japan

need all-lock mode without keep pressing button.
it has been added to the pocket 2 by firmware update. need same function to 3.
2-11 06:31
Use props
djiuser_VxrSTaLHTQpI
New

Austria

+50 for the lock exposure by tapping on screen (without needing to resort to a mimo app....)

AND: PAUSE recording - as a first time user its hard to believe it was somehow decided that removing that functionality from the pocket 2 would have been a sensible idea.
pausing a recording - like on any smartphone -  allows to complement the cameras ability to create awesome video in a small form factor WITHOUT a ton of equipment  OR editing.  

thanks
2-12 15:10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_VxrSTaLHTQpI Posted at 2-12 15:10
+50 for the lock exposure by tapping on screen (without needing to resort to a mimo app....)

AND: PAUSE recording - as a first time user its hard to believe it was somehow decided that removing that functionality from the pocket 2 would have been a sensible idea.

Thank you very much for the recommendations. This will be forwarded to the relevant team to provide feedback and undergo evaluation. We appreciate your valued support.
2-12 20:30
Use props
bestravelvideo
lvl.3
Greece

3 things for me and here's why:
1: Make the top right EV display when recording bigger.
    It's hard to see now and we lose time trying to guess instead of having a correct exposure visual aid.
2: Add zebras on the pocket screen, not just via the app on a mobile.
    It's a fast, easy and accurate way of understanding overblown highlights, especially when using filters.
    I use variable NDs so now I have to guess closing the level of the variable ND (as if I am using it like an iris) to get the proper exposure.
3: Add an exposure lock by pressing on the screen.
    I know you can achieve that by using a fixed ISO (like ISO 50 in broad daylight) but with such an exposure lock option you could use it when using an ISO range.
    So far using the Pocket 3 I see it deals with noise well, so a temporary exposure lock won't add noise in the shadows during the day.

As I have already mentioned in another post, all the above could be optional so they don't affect anyone who does not want to use these options but would greatly benefit those who wish to!
I hope that in a couple of months, we see these implemented in a future, spring update!
2-13 01:00
Use props
Mark Yazinski
lvl.2
United States

The one item that is keeping me from purchasing a Pocket series camera is the lack of any water proofing. I don't need to take it underwater, but to be able to have it out in the rain without worry would be the biggest update to get me to buy one
2-13 05:59
Use props
DeadlyRaptor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6032041 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Variable gimbal speed not just 3 presets manual to set speed and roll of at end like on drones
2-20 17:25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

bestravelvideo Posted at 2-13 01:00
3 things for me and here's why:
1: Make the top right EV display when recording bigger.
    It's hard to see now and we lose time trying to guess instead of having a correct exposure visual aid.

Thank you,bestravelvideo. Let me forward this to the development team for evaluation. Any news or updates will be announced officially on the DJI official website. We appreciate your valued support.
2-20 20:29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mark Yazinski Posted at 2-13 05:59
The one item that is keeping me from purchasing a Pocket series camera is the lack of any water proofing. I don't need to take it underwater, but to be able to have it out in the rain without worry would be the biggest update to get me to buy one

Thank you for your feedback. This will help us improve and optimize our products in the future. Rest assured this will be forwarded to the relevant team. Have a nice day.
2-20 20:32
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DeadlyRaptor Posted at 2-20 17:25
Variable gimbal speed not just 3 presets manual to set speed and roll of at end like on drones

We appreciate your suggestion. I will forward this to the relevant team to provide them with feedback. Thank you for your valued support.
2-20 20:36
Use props
djiuser_e0mJLuhU3bZ9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19272 ft
Slovenia

Make pan and tilt separate joysticks in Mimo App. While I am panning, it often changes my tilt, which was not intended.
-  OR  -
Simply make auto pan from position A to position B in regular video mode, with slow speed up at the beginning from position A, and then slow down near to the end position B. (This used to be good, and simple to setup on one of the Feiyutech gimbals that I used to have.) And now I miss this on DJI Osmo Pocket 3. If it is not possible to implement it on the device, then please make it at least in Pocket 3 Mimo App. Thank you.
3-5 06:30
Use props
GHT91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78678 ft
United Kingdom

To have control of swiping through the EV, ISO, menus and pictures/video using the joystick as you can through the photo, video mode menu - will allow for much quicker and more accurate selections
3-7 07:12
Use props
CoolPhotography
New

Norway

We need the exposure lock feature built into the Pocket 3 itself! I cant pull up my phone, connect it, wait for connection, swtich to phone view and then lock it on my phone every time I want to film something using the auto exposure mode. This feature update is LONG overdue, come on already ...
3-7 17:01
Use props
MichaelMiki
New
Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-9 03:08
Hi there. We appreciate your feedback. We would love to record this suggestion of yours and forward it to our relevant team for attention as DJI is always open to any product improvement suggestions. Have a good one.

Do you know whether this is "in progress"?
The lack of this option is very irritating every shot I do.
Insted of this option, all times I have to check what is set in "Focus mode" (Single or continous). This is workaround but very irritating to verify that every time - around 200 - 300 times a day.
It would be super usefull to implement the same solution what is available on all smartphones - tap an hold to lock focus and exposure.
I mean about my previous post.
2024-03-11_18-50-19.jpg
3-11 10:49
Use props
MichaelMiki
New
Spain

CoolPhotography Posted at 3-7 17:01
We need the exposure lock feature built into the Pocket 3 itself! I cant pull up my phone, connect it, wait for connection, swtich to phone view and then lock it on my phone every time I want to film something using the auto exposure mode. This feature update is LONG overdue, come on already ...

I posted that also

3-11 10:52
Use props
FFJIFFF
New

Germany

Feature Request: "zoom damping" or "zoom smoothing"

Details: An option to adjust, how the zoom starts, or more important, stops. Right now it is an immediate hard, digital stop, making it difficult to create nice movements with digital zoom included.

It could be included as an option, like gimbal movement is possible, to adjust.  It just could have damping or even an easy-ease curve, while being aware that an gentle/smooth/damped stop is most important.

3-12 07:30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

MichaelMiki Posted at 3-11 10:49
Do you know whether this is "in progress"?
The lack of this option is very irritating every shot I do.
Insted of this option, all times I have to check what is set in "Focus mode" (Single or continous). This is workaround but very irritating to verify that every time - around 200 - 300 times a day.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Regretfully, we don't have any specific timeframe or information about the said feature request. However, rest assured that we will continue to gather such feedback and forward it to our relevant team for attention. Please know that all suggestions need to undergo evaluation and not all suggestions will be approved as there is some limitations like technical or firmware limitations. We appreciate your understanding.
3-15 00:55
Use props
Robert the Robot
New
United Kingdom

Fix audio drift and incorrect sync of backup with normal audio tracks.  No. 1 wish
3-16 01:41
Use props
djiuser_UHq9cPwLr0VJ
New
United States

PAUSE recording!
It's one of the basics that was in the pocket 2, and I can't believe it's not in the pocket 3. Being able to pause helps shorten my video editing, all while not having a TON of small video files to deal with.
4-15 13:52
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules