Is it possible to get higher deadbands?
498 4 2023-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aurélien DB
lvl.1

France

Hello,

I have a dji rs3 pro and I'm wondering if it's is possible to set the deadbands higher than the value 10?
I'm using two side handles and it's sometimes start to pan a little bit when I'm moving forward, you could tell me to use the no pan mode but it happens that I want to do a push in then end the shot with a pan, so it's not a solution for me.

Setting the deadbands to between 15 and 25 would be ideal for my workflow. I don't know why we can't set it to a value higher than 10.

2023-11-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Aurélien DB. Thank you for reaching out. Let me forward this to our relevant team for further checking. We'll let you know once we receive an update.
2023-11-5
Use props
Aurélien DB
lvl.1

France

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-5 05:33
Hi, Aurélien DB. Thank you for reaching out. Let me forward this to our relevant team for further checking. We'll let you know once we receive an update.

Thanks for your reply Gamora, yes keep me informed please!
That would be amazing if they upgrade this setting on one of the next firmwares if there is no way to do it right now!
I think the higher deadband setting makes the gimbal start to pan from a movement of approximately 20°, that's, for me, a pretty low value for a maximum setting.
2023-11-5
Use props
Aurélien DB
lvl.1

France

I could shoot in lock  mode, attach my phone to one handle and desactivate the lock mode then reactivate it when needed during the shot. But the functionnality (to turn on/off the lock mode) doesn't exist on the app.
I know dji sells one handle that have all the controls on it that would make the job but it's so expensive, I don't even use their focus motor so I won't spend 350$ (more than half the price I paid for the dji rs3 pro) just for one functionnality that should have serveral alternatives.

For now the only compromise that I found is to shot in lock mode, attach my phone on one handle, and turn on the force mobile functionnality on the fly when I need to pan, then turn it off at the end of the pan.
It requires some hard thinking to get the perfect setting for the shot needed then skills to achieve it, but yeah that's just how I'm gonna do it for the moment.
2023-11-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Aurélien DB Posted at 11-9 09:10
I could shoot in lock  mode, attach my phone to one handle and desactivate the lock mode then reactivate it when needed during the shot. But the functionnality (to turn on/off the lock mode) doesn't exist on the app.
I know dji sells one handle that have all the controls on it that would make the job but it's so expensive, I don't even use their focus motor so I won't spend 350$ (more than half the price I paid for the dji rs3 pro) just for one functionnality that should have serveral alternatives.

Hello, there. Thank you for this additional information. I understand that this function would benefit lots of users, however, this feature isn't supported at the moment. Rest assured that we've forwarded your suggestion to our relevant team and constantly monitoring the demand. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules