RC controller model #RM330 completely dead after updating andl charging.
415 11 2023-11-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_xkttSWgv7D6B
lvl.1
Flight distance : 523816 ft
United States

Hi,
On 10-30-2023, I updated the software on my RC controller and Mavic 3 with no problem. I then fully charged the RC controller using the properly functioning DJI charger. The next day I went out to fly in the RC controller would not turn on and there are no responding LED lights.

Is there seriously no hard reset function on this controller accessible by the customer? Please advise.

Thanks

2023-11-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. Sorry for having issues. Have you tried to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2(Consumer Drones Series)? If needed, kindly backup the files of the DJI RC, and then do the factory reset. Enter Settings > System > Reset options > Erase all data(factory reset. Hope this helps.
2023-11-4
Use props
fans8ce93cf3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86175 ft
United Kingdom

Hi there, I am having the exact same problem. My RC controller model RM330 is dead after update. Will not power on. My drone is a Mini 3 pro. Reading their reply below suggests to back up your files and do a factory reset. How are you supposed to do this if the controller does not power on?
2023-11-5
Use props
djiuser_xkttSWgv7D6B
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 11-4 15:20
Hi there. Sorry for having issues. Have you tried to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2(Consumer Drones Series)? If needed, kindly backup the files of the DJI RC, and then do the factory reset. Enter Settings > System > Reset options > Erase all data(factory reset. Hope this helps.
Hi and thanks,
But the RC controller is dead, no indication of any power, none of the buttons are responding. Are you saying downloading this DJI assist onto my laptop and plugging my RC controller in, will get me into the RC controllers system files?
2023-11-5
Use props
djiuser_xkttSWgv7D6B
lvl.1
United States

fans8ce93cf3 Posted at 11-5 05:43
Hi there, I am having the exact same problem. My RC controller model RM330 is dead after update. Will not power on. My drone is a Mini 3 pro. Reading their reply below suggests to back up your files and do a factory reset. How are you supposed to do this if the controller does not power on?

Exactly! Hopefully they will respond back and explain.
2023-11-5
Use props
fans8ce93cf3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86175 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_xkttSWgv7D6B Posted at 11-5 05:49
Exactly! Hopefully they will respond back and explain.

Just downloaded DJI Assistant 2 as they suggested, hopping to access the controller, but no luck. Controller still dead. Let's hope they will respond with a solution, but somehow I doubt the issue will be solved without having to send it way for repairs.
2023-11-5
Use props
djiuser_xkttSWgv7D6B
lvl.1
United States

Unfortunately I don't think so, but lets remain hopeful. I'm a big fan of DJI but not having a way for customers to reset their RC controllers wothout sending the controller in would be kind of insane and a great inconvenience.
2023-11-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_xkttSWgv7D6B Posted at 11-5 05:43
Hi and thanks,
But the RC controller is dead, no indication of any power, none of the buttons are responding. Are you saying downloading this DJI assist onto my laptop and plugging my RC controller in, will get me into the RC controllers system files?

Hi. Thank you for your response. It needs the DJI RC to be powered on to access the settings to reset the device. In this case, could you please try to short-press and then long-press the power button to power on? Also, have you tried to replace the charger and charging cable and try again to see if it's still charging? Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-11-5
Use props
djiuser_xkttSWgv7D6B
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 11-5 14:19
Hi. Thank you for your response. It needs the DJI RC to be powered on to access the settings to reset the device. In this case, could you please try to short-press and then long-press the power button to power on? Also, have you tried to replace the charger and charging cable and try again to see if it's still charging? Thank you for your cooperation.

Hi,
wow, what a very insulting and disappointing response. Basically no help at all?
2023-11-5
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_xkttSWgv7D6B Posted at 11-5 14:57
Hi,
wow, what a very insulting and disappointing response. Basically no help at all?

We apologize for the inconvenience. This is not the experience we want you to have. If the device still does not power on after following the steps, we recommend sending it to our facility for a proper diagnosis. You may contact our support for further assistance with the request. Again, apologies for the inconvenience. Thank you.
2023-11-5
Use props
djiuser_xkttSWgv7D6B
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 11-5 17:24
We apologize for the inconvenience. This is not the experience we want you to have. If the device still does not power on after following the steps, we recommend sending it to our facility for a proper diagnosis. You may contact our support for further assistance with the request. Again, apologies for the inconvenience. Thank you.

Hello,
Here's are suggestions if you really don't want to inconvenience, disappoint or frustrate DJI's customers.

Respect the customer by:
1. Actually reading our post. (my first post was clear)
2. Don't waste our time giving us the runaround. ( no power, no LED and your suggestion is to plug it into a computer?)
3. Be honest and truthful from the start (With very little research I was able to find this is an ongoing problem with this RC controller since it originally came out).

You could have simply answered my question honestly and I could have started the process 3 days ago.

Do better!

2023-11-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_xkttSWgv7D6B Posted at 11-6 08:40
Hello,
Here's are suggestions if you really don't want to inconvenience, disappoint or frustrate DJI's customers.

Thank you for the prompt reply and for your input and apologies for any if you feel this way. Please be advised that if an issue occurs, what we can do is to further isolate and check some information. If any case the troubleshooting methods did not rectify the concern, the option we have is to send the DJI Product to our facility for a proper diagnosis.
2023-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules