4253 21 2023-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Hi,

I am wondering how these new rules will affect old Mini 3 Pros, sold without C0 label before 1. 1. 2024. Is height limit going to be locked to 120m for us as well and do we need to go through some procedure to keep it unlocked, similar to the one that is currently offered to Mini 4 Pro users?

2023-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI have said one of the next firmware updates will impose the 120m limit.  
2023-11-5
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

DAFlys Posted at 11-5 07:43
DJI have said one of the next firmware updates will impose the 120m limit.

Yes, but it doesn't make sense to impose this limit on already sold Mini 3 Pros that actually do not have C0 label on the body. I am interested to know how exactly will DJI handle this situation for Mini 3 Pro. Will DJI:

1. Impose 120m limit to all Mini 3 Pros, no matter when they have been sold
2. Impose 120m limit only to Mini 3 Pros manufactured and sold after 31 December
3. Impose 120m limit on all Mini 3 Pros but allow us to apply for exception, like they are currently offering to Mini 4 Pro users
4. Won't impose limit, but allow us to apply for C0 certification, after which 120m limit will be enabled
2023-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tuxtard Posted at 11-5 08:04
Yes, but it doesn't make sense to impose this limit on already sold Mini 3 Pros that actually do not have C0 label on the body. I am interested to know how exactly will DJI handle this situation for Mini 3 Pro. Will DJI:

1. Impose 120m limit to all Mini 3 Pros, no matter when they have been sold

New Mini 3's will have a C0 from the factory and there will be a way to apply for the label for existing drones.  If you dont want it you dont install the firmware update.  
2023-11-5
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

DAFlys Posted at 11-5 08:09
New Mini 3's will have a C0 from the factory and there will be a way to apply for the label for existing drones.  If you dont want it you dont install the firmware update.

Not sure if the current firmware already has this switch that DJI can flip via the DJI Fly app. It is also unacceptable that they can change this major limitation without the mechanism for certified pilots to apply for limit removal. I bought this drone unlimited and uncertified more than a year ago and I want it to stay that way. If new Mini 4 Pros can get uncertified then Mini 3 Pros certainly can stay uncertified too.
2023-11-5
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

If laws are changed, they are unfortunately often

even retroactively effective and applicable ...

2023-11-5
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

Space Dream Posted at 11-5 08:55
If laws are changed, they are unfortunately often

even retroactively effective and applicable ...

Not sure if this is the case here. Regulation clearly states that C0 drone have to have C0 label on it. Already sold Mini 3 Pros don't, so they are not C0 drones. Why then limit them to 120m? Also there is a procedure to remove the label and decertify Mini 4 Pro drones which means that it is legally possible for a particular unit to be or not to be C0 certified.
2023-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tuxtard Posted at 11-5 08:45
Not sure if the current firmware already has this switch that DJI can flip via the DJI Fly app. It is also unacceptable that they can change this major limitation without the mechanism for certified pilots to apply for limit removal. I bought this drone unlimited and uncertified more than a year ago and I want it to stay that way. If new Mini 4 Pros can get uncertified then Mini 3 Pros certainly can stay uncertified too.

From whats been said so far it will come in a future firmware and its not currently in the drones as is,   so if you dont want it you dont need to upgrade later.  
2023-11-6
Use props
nikonya
lvl.2
Flight distance : 527740 ft
Slovenia

DAFlys Posted at 11-6 00:30
From whats been said so far it will come in a future firmware and its not currently in the drones as is,   so if you dont want it you dont need to upgrade later.

Let's hope you are right because I'm not expecting any significant development for mini3pro in future, so not updating firmware is not an issue.
2023-11-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. For the EU C0 requirements, there will be a 120m altitude limitation (Currently only DJI Mini 4 Pro is announced as C0 and restricted with 120m altitude limitation). Please stay tuned to DJI's official website for the latest news and updates. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-11-6
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-5 07:43
DJI have said one of the next firmware updates will impose the 120m limit.

Another reason why I don't update the firmware
2023-11-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nikonya Posted at 11-6 02:19
Let's hope you are right because I'm not expecting any significant development for mini3pro in future, so not updating firmware is not an issue.

Funny,  thats exactly what the YouTube reviewers have been saying too.
2023-11-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Potato mini Posted at 11-6 18:51

They really need to tell us whats in these firmware updates when they are released.
2023-11-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Potato mini Posted at 11-6 18:51

The ceiling discussed here is not applicable outside the EU, full stop.
If you updated then visited the EU and brought the drone then it might come into effect.

What might be worth asking is whether or not it will be removed when you return to the USA or leave the  EU regulated area.
2023-11-7
Use props
bxq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3139314 ft
Poland

I understand what is the intention here, limiting small individual drones flying where they were not supposed to fly - height and distance wise but that also means that they assume you are flaying in a flat area and not moving and you should not fly above obstacles :-) This will make the hack market to grow so much.
2023-11-7
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

bxq Posted at 11-7 07:28
I understand what is the intention here, limiting small individual drones flying where they were not supposed to fly - height and distance wise but that also means that they assume you are flaying in a flat area and not moving and you should not fly above obstacles :-) This will make the hack market to grow so much.

It makes sense to limit unregistered pilots to a safe height. It does not make sense to prevent registered pilots from flying 120m AGL just because unregistered pilots are allowed to use this drone class. This means that registered pilots now have to take multiple drones to cover different operation categories. Financial aspect aside, can you imagine taking multiple drones with you on a plane? Charging multiple sets of batteries, filling multiple flight request forms with different drone details. Overall it brings great disconfort to registered drone pilots just because someone assumed that only unregistered pilots will use this drone class.
2023-11-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tuxtard Posted at 11-7 07:38
It makes sense to limit unregistered pilots to a safe height. It does not make sense to prevent registered pilots from flying 120m AGL just because unregistered pilots are allowed to use this drone class. This means that registered pilots now have to take multiple drones to cover different operation categories. Financial aspect aside, can you imagine taking multiple drones with you on a plane? Charging multiple sets of batteries, filling multiple flight request forms with different drone details. Overall it brings great disconfort to registered drone pilots just because someone assumed that only unregistered pilots will use this drone class.

You can apply to have the CO removed but then you are in another world of hurt and it cant be readded once removed.
2023-11-7
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

Bashy Posted at 11-7 07:52
You can apply to have the CO removed but then you are in another world of hurt and it cant be readded once removed.

Well my M3P is old and does not have C0 label, so I am not loosing anything. What I can loose is the ability to fly 120m AGL for no particular reason whatsoever since I have uncertified device.
2023-11-8
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tuxtard Posted at 11-8 01:56
Well my M3P is old and does not have C0 label, so I am not loosing anything. What I can loose is the ability to fly 120m AGL for no particular reason whatsoever since I have uncertified device.

Nah, you dont have to lose it if you really don't want to, disable auto update of the app and then you should be ok, unless the kill switch is on a timer and an update not needed. I haven't updated mine for maybe 3 updates ago so i am fairly certain i would be ok, but then again, its not coming to the UK, YET!
2023-11-8
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68967 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-7 01:30
They really need to tell us whats in these firmware updates when they are released.

Yes I agree with that.

Let us know what is being tweaked, added, so at least we can decide whether or not we download it.

As it is we update blindly with the usual, "Fixes bugs etc".

Cheers
2023-11-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blackbuckone Posted at 11-8 04:34
Yes I agree with that.

Let us know what is being tweaked, added, so at least we can decide whether or not we download it.

Sadly here in the UK we are legally obliged to download every software update,   its part of the drone code for each flight.
2023-11-8
Use props
bxq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3139314 ft
Poland

Tuxtard Posted at 11-7 07:38
It makes sense to limit unregistered pilots to a safe height. It does not make sense to prevent registered pilots from flying 120m AGL just because unregistered pilots are allowed to use this drone class. This means that registered pilots now have to take multiple drones to cover different operation categories. Financial aspect aside, can you imagine taking multiple drones with you on a plane? Charging multiple sets of batteries, filling multiple flight request forms with different drone details. Overall it brings great disconfort to registered drone pilots just because someone assumed that only unregistered pilots will use this drone class.

i didn't tell that those regulations makes sense :-) typical when people that put the laws in place do not have expertise or even basic knowledge on the subject they legislate

you are supposed to either fly strict vlos and earth is flat with no buildings or buy 10x pricier drone, get a cert and fly with all the paperwork required every time

seriously it will end in people hacking their drones and flying whatever
2023-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules