DJI Osmo Pocket 3 Telephoto lens?
9612 37 2023-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StefanDjiMini2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2004350 ft
Germany

As we all know by now, Pocket 3 is out. It is an excellent little camera with a beefier gimbal than its little brother Pocket 2.I asked if we could get a telephoto lens for Pocket 2 which was not possible as the gimbal wasn't strong enough to hold a lens,
but what about Pocket 3?
It's got a bigger gimbal and with that most likely stronger motors. A telephoto lens to get something like 30mm or 50mm would be amazing to get even more cinematic shots with Pocket 3 perhaps we'll get even more background separation.

2023-11-5
Use props
Tide
First Officer
South Korea

I also want 30mm or 50mm.
Freewell made quality lenses for OP1 and 2.
Hope they make telephoto lens for OP3.
2023-11-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 or at least enable digital zoom in all modes.
2023-11-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'd love to have a telephoto lens for the OP3.  
2023-11-5
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I doubt it will work great. Also it will be really expensive making a desent telephoto lens with multiple glasses and still produce good enough quality.

2023-11-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate the time and effort you have invested in providing this suggestion to us. Your feedback will definitely be cascaded to the concerned team for further review. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-11-6
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
China

We considered telephoto lens.
However, for 1 inch tele lens, it would be quite big. so not feasible.

There might be a chance for third-party to design tele lens, by scarifying image quality of course.  
2023-11-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks for that helpful reply, DJI-ytao, even though it will disappoint some users.
2023-11-7
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338793 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Tele adapters must contain more then one glas, so it would be to heavy for that tiny P3.
2023-11-7
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would be concerned about the weight on the gimbal for long periods of time but this sounds fun!
2023-11-8
Use props
djiuser_vqfPjRwCvo7C
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1802028 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Hope that DJI makes somday Pocket 3 or 4 pro version with two lenses on gimbal, like in Mavic 3 drone. That would be my dream. And slightly bigger screen ;)
2023-11-9
Use props
MacMarc
lvl.1

Belgium

Thank you for this post.I should be interested too in telephoto lens, and was surprised to see that wide angle and macro lenses where available by third party manufacturers but no telephoto lenses, as, like for the smartphones, this is THE thing that sometimes lacks for flawless versatility.

2023-11-12
Use props
fansb66952ad
lvl.1
  • >>>
Germany

Please DJI , make  pockets with other focal lengths i.e 40 mm FF équivalent!
2023-11-21
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How about a pocket handle unit, with detachable gimbal/camera units, similar to some of their higher end drones?
Or am I going too far with this....... lol
I guess at the end of the day it defeats what the Pocket really is - a camera gimbal system that can be carried around and used on a whim, rather then having to carry around a pack of accessories and set up before a shoot.....
2023-11-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Anyone found a telephoto lens that uses the magnets like the filter yet?
2023-12-6
Use props
fansf06d6b5c
New

Uzbekistan

I’m also waiting for some telelense for OP3…
2023-12-7
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

If even the big accessory companies never made such a lens for the Pocket 2 after three years, I doubt whether they will make one for the Pocket 3.  But we'll see...
2023-12-7
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

fansfe82067d Posted at 12-7 14:05
If even the big accessory companies never made such a lens for the Pocket 2 after three years, I doubt whether they will make one for the Pocket 3.  But we'll see...

use a zv1 with gimbal
2023-12-7
Use props
Jaredic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 123944 ft
Montenegro

That would make it a full package, I wouldn't need anything else for my video purposes.
2023-12-9
Use props
Eduarfilms
lvl.1
Germany

I would sooo buy this! But like others commented, I think it would be hard to do, otherwise we would have seen this on smartphones years ago before they came out with triple camera setups and so on. I hope they make some magnetic 35mm one, this would at least be more achievable.
2023-12-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Jaredic Posted at 12-9 07:49
That would make it a full package, I wouldn't need anything else for my video purposes.

Hi, thank you for your additional support. Rest assured that we continuously forwarding relevant requests to our corresponding team.
2023-12-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Eduarfilms Posted at 12-10 23:32
I would sooo buy this! But like others commented, I think it would be hard to do, otherwise we would have seen this on smartphones years ago before they came out with triple camera setups and so on. I hope they make some magnetic 35mm one, this would at least be more achievable.

Thank you for sharing your input. We will forward your idea to our relevant team for future reference.
2023-12-11
Use props
fans3545563e
New

Indonesia

50mm is great. It will be unlock another power of DJI Osmo pokcet 3. Please do it DJI
2023-12-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That and a macro lens
2023-12-21
Use props
Diana A
New

Australia

I am absolutely dying for a decent zoom or tele on the pocket. I love the ease of use of the dji. I use it for travel and i want more of a travel handicam flexibility.
1-20 05:40
Use props
tzsog
lvl.4
Hungary

Dear DJI !

prefer Pocket pro verion because have many people allredy chose Pocket 3 than Iphone !
So sure have market  Pocket pro ! im sure  will buy it!
pls Dji make one Prowe, dont care if 2x bigger than Pocket 3 !

Just do it !
THx
1-20 10:14
Use props
djiuser_2zvfOhHcxrpV
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Agreed, I'd love a zoom lens. It's awesome to have 20mm built-in and 15mm with wide angle lens, and it covers about 80% of my usage. However getting a zoom lens (actually I'd love 70mm if I'm being greedy) would be amazing.

I'm really impressed with the camera, and used it as much as my Sony a1 on a DJI RS3 on a recent trip to France because it's so compact and discreet. Of course a1 has better quality, but honestly for my purposes (travel flog) Pocket 3 quality combined with convenience was amazing. Zoom capability was the only thing I really missed. I can certainly live with quality differences (most of the time anyway).

As someone commented, using Sony ZV-1 on a small gimbal (e.g. Zhiyun M2) is the only compact solution for 1-inch zoom with decent low-light up to 70mm, and I have used that as well. That setup is not at all discreet though. I took it to Cuba, and immediately was labeled as "professional" by people there, while OP3 didn't get me any strange looks in France.
1-26 12:44
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Just a reminder that a DJI engineer has stated in this thread that it can't be done without risk to the motors.  And I don't think that a third-party company would produce such a thing after such a warning - they would find themselves liable for a lot of dead Pockets!

It is also worth restating that the digital zoom on the Pocket 3 is no different from cropping when editing - at which point you can undo if necessary - so it is best not used unless you can't do it later.  The Pocket 3 sensor had spare pixels for this purpose - the Pocket 3 does not.  

So - for best quality, the field of view is what it is.

1-26 13:38
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yeah, a Pocket version of the Ronin 4D should please all of us
1-27 08:23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I’ve got a macro lens for it but now I need ideas how to use it.
2-2 11:07
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 1-26 13:38
Just a reminder that a DJI engineer has stated in this thread that it can't be done without risk to the motors.  And I don't think that a third-party company would produce such a thing after such a warning - they would find themselves liable for a lot of dead Pockets!

It is also worth restating that the digital zoom on the Pocket 3 is no different from cropping when editing - at which point you can undo if necessary - so it is best not used unless you can't do it later.  The Pocket 3 sensor had spare pixels for this purpose - the Pocket 3 does not.  

Does that mean the pocket 3 motors are worse than pocket 2 as a tele lens is available for that.  
2-2 11:09
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 2-2 11:07
I’ve got a macro lens for it but now I need ideas how to use it.

True.
Maybe with some slowmotion.
2-2 11:53
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 2-2 11:09
Does that mean the pocket 3 motors are worse than pocket 2 as a tele lens is available for that.

Really?  I don't think I knew that.  But is the quality acceptable?  And would DJI agree that it's ok for the motors?
2-2 14:15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 2-2 14:15
Really?  I don't think I knew that.  But is the quality acceptable?  And would DJI agree that it's ok for the motors?

Hard to say as I dont own either.
2-3 02:07
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2-2 11:53
True.
Maybe with some slowmotion.

Im thinking a long seed germination Timelapse might be fun, and then run it over a few days.  
2-3 02:51
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 2-3 02:51
Im thinking a long seed germination Timelapse might be fun, and then run it over a few days.

Oh yes, that reminds me. I still have some seeds somewhere that should sprout nicely.
Maybe that is something for when I have my P3
2-3 07:27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2-3 07:27
Oh yes, that reminds me. I still have some seeds somewhere that should sprout nicely.
Maybe that is something for when I have my P3

What type have you got?
2-4 06:28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 2-4 06:28
What type have you got?

Not sure anymore. I got them long time ago. Apparently they grow quickly.
2-4 12:46
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules