RC Pro Won't Pair
1154 24 2023-11-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dmanthree
lvl.1

United States

I recently acquired an RC Pro controller, and I've tried everything, but it won't pair. The firmware is fully updated so that's not the issue. The Fly app is also updated. The drone has the latest firmware, as well. The drone pairs quick and easily with the standard RC controller. But when trying to pair the RC Pro it just times out. I use the process in the Connection Guide; Start it, it looks for the aircraft, and doesn't find it. So I press the "pair" link and follow the instructions; press the power button on the drone for four seconds until it chirps, and wait. Again, this process works perfectly on the standard RC controller, but fails and times out with the RC Pro.
Any ideas or suggestions?
2023-11-5
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13381447 ft
  • >>>
United States

What kind of drone is it? You never even say.
2023-11-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you taken a look at this guide.  It should be helpful.  

https://www.droneblog.com/pair-dji-rc-pro-controller/
2023-11-5
Use props
dmanthree
lvl.1

United States

Johnnokomis Posted at 11-5 11:14
What kind of drone is it? You never even say.

It's a Mavic 3 Classic.
2023-11-5
Use props
dmanthree
lvl.1

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-5 14:48
Have you taken a look at this guide.  It should be helpful.  

https://www.droneblog.com/pair-dji-rc-pro-controller/

I've seen that and tried their "3 button" method, but no luck. Spend some time chatting with DJI support, but no luck, either. They want me to use their app to try a firmware update, but I have to get a Windows PC to try it on. Their app is not compatible with my Mac's OS yet.
2023-11-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

dmanthree Posted at 11-5 15:27
I've seen that and tried their "3 button" method, but no luck. Spend some time chatting with DJI support, but no luck, either. They want me to use their app to try a firmware update, but I have to get a Windows PC to try it on. Their app is not compatible with my Mac's OS yet.

Ah, you must be talking about the DJI Assistant 2 software.  I've had to use that on occasion when the Fly App wouldn't update the drone or RC properly.  I hope you get the RC Pro working soon as it is a great controller.  So much brighter and better than the RC or RC2.  
2023-11-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what firmware version are you at on your DJI RC Pro controller? In addition, please confirm the error message you received when you installed the DJI Assistant 2 software on your Mac, as well as the Mac OS version so we can check. If you managed to download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer, update/refresh the firmware of your controller and try connecting it again to further isolate the issue. If you could provide a short video showing the issue that would be very helpful for us to check and help you further. We will wait for your reply. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-11-5
Use props
dmanthree
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-5 16:52
Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what firmware version are you at on your DJI RC Pro controller? In addition, please confirm the error message you received when you installed the DJI Assistant 2 software on your Mac, as well as the Mac OS version so we can check. If you managed to download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer, update/refresh the firmware of your controller and try connecting it again to further isolate the issue. If you could provide a short video showing the issue that would be very helpful for us to check and help you further. We will wait for your reply. Thank you for your cooperation.

Hi,
Firmware version for the controller is 3.01.0600

I try to update via wifi, but get a server error message saying to wait and try again. The error message appears too briefly to copy down. I try to do the update from the controller itself.

I use the Connection Guide to try and pair a Mavic 3 Classic, and follow the procedure in the Guide, but it times out after 60 seconds.

I have not tried to install the Assistant on the Mac since the page states it isn't compatible with my OS. I have installed it on a Windows 11 PC. I start the Assistant, plug in the controller (while turned on) but nothing.  I have tried to update the firmware while connected, but the same message appears (server error...).
2023-11-5
Use props
dmanthree
lvl.1

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-5 15:47
Ah, you must be talking about the DJI Assistant 2 software.  I've had to use that on occasion when the Fly App wouldn't update the drone or RC properly.  I hope you get the RC Pro working soon as it is a great controller.  So much brighter and better than the RC or RC2.

I have installed the Assistant software, but I get nothing from it. I start the software, plug in the controller, and...nothing. I've tried to update the firmware while connected, but still nothing.

Suggestions?
2023-11-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

dmanthree Posted at 11-5 18:25
I have installed the Assistant software, but I get nothing from it. I start the software, plug in the controller, and...nothing. I've tried to update the firmware while connected, but still nothing.

Suggestions?

I'd say at this point to do a factory reset on the RC Pro and see if that resolves the issue.  
2023-11-6
Use props
dmanthree
lvl.1

United States

Found the issue..me. I had downloaded the wrong version of the Assistant. downloaded the correct version, updated the firmware of both the controller and the drone and they connected. Took a test flight today, no problems. DJI support via the phone was very helpful in identifying the issue.

Yeah, a little red faced...
2023-11-6
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

dmanthree Posted at 11-6 07:48
Found the issue..me. I had downloaded the wrong version of the Assistant. downloaded the correct version, updated the firmware of both the controller and the drone and they connected. Took a test flight today, no problems. DJI support via the phone was very helpful in identifying the issue.

Don't be too embarrassed. You ain't the first and won't be the last. I purchased a Mavic Classic 3 a couple months ago and tried for the longest to pair my RC Pro to the Mavic 3.
2023-11-6
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1829121 ft
United States

Personally, I have found DJI's naming conventions to leave a lot to be desired. You have, in the assistant, this big long name, of Blah, Blah, Blah, Enterprise Version at the end. Well my computer truncates the name so I literally have to hover over it to see which version I am running (I have both consumer and enterprise drones). Even the Logo is the same. So their names lead to confusion and mistakes that a normal person of average intelligence would make. It isn't even a software update required to fix that, just edit it on their web page! Their marketing people need a bit of an intellectual upgrade as well, literally everything is Mavic something or other or RC something or other. It goes on. Ok small rant here, but this is ridiculously easy to fix, one committee meeting, no engineers needed.
2023-11-6
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Dogpilot Posted at 11-6 08:20
Personally, I have found DJI's naming conventions to leave a lot to be desired. You have, in the assistant, this big long name, of Blah, Blah, Blah, Enterprise Version at the end. Well my computer truncates the name so I literally have to hover over it to see which version I am running (I have both consumer and enterprise drones). Even the Logo is the same. So their names lead to confusion and mistakes that a normal person of average intelligence would make. It isn't even a software update required to fix that, just edit it on their web page! Their marketing people need a bit of an intellectual upgrade as well, literally everything is Mavic something or other or RC something or other. It goes on. Ok small rant here, but this is ridiculously easy to fix, one committee meeting, no engineers needed.

You know you can rename your shortcut?
2023-11-6
Use props
dmanthree
lvl.1

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-6 07:58
Don't be too embarrassed. You ain't the first and won't be the last. I purchased a Mavic Classic 3 a couple months ago and tried for the longest to pair my RC Pro to the Mavic 3.

Sigh....   But it's better to admit the mistake you made so others might not make the same mistake. I downloaded the Assistant for Mavic, but should have dowloaded the Assistant (Consumer). Yeah, not great naming. Anyway, glad it works. Huge upgrade over the RC.
2023-11-6
Use props
dmanthree
lvl.1

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-6 08:23

Sure, but it's the confusing naming of the different versions that threw me off.
2023-11-6
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad you got it sorted.  Just for the record when you said "The firmware is fully updated..." that wasn't actually the case at all, was it?  Just checking because that is what is said almost on every post that has a problem and DJI doesn't make it easy to update firmware so people just like to get that out of the way hoping there's another solution.
2023-11-6
Use props
dmanthree
lvl.1

United States

The Saint Posted at 11-6 09:29
Glad you got it sorted.  Just for the record when you said "The firmware is fully updated..." that wasn't actually the case at all, was it?  Just checking because that is what is said almost on every post that has a problem and DJI doesn't make it easy to update firmware so people just like to get that out of the way hoping there's another solution.

No, it wasn't. but I didn't know that until I connected it via the assistant. The unit it self did not call for an update. New to ome, I guess.
2023-11-6
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1829121 ft
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-6 08:23

Yep, I can, but every time I download an updated version it reverts to the original long time wasting name. Besides I have two laptops (Window and macOS), two desktops and two backup computers that just store images, one hooked up to the web and the other air-gapped.
2023-11-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello there. Sorry for the late response. We're glad that you managed to isolate the issue that you experienced by contacting our support team. Just a friendly reminder that if your drone is using the latest firmware and the controller you are using uses an old version, the connection cannot be established as there will be firmware incompatibility. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-11-8
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Dogpilot Posted at 11-6 10:07
Yep, I can, but every time I download an updated version it reverts to the original long time wasting name. Besides I have two laptops (Window and macOS), two desktops and two backup computers that just store images, one hooked up to the web and the other air-gapped.

I don't know about Apple, but Windows allows the option to add shortcuts during installation. Just disable this when updating and the old shortcut will work.
2023-11-8
Use props
djiuser_ttiy9BpiTQjK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62415 ft
United Kingdom

Did you download the Dji assistant 2 version 1.2.4 ?? I’m having the exact same issue trying to pair my Mavic 3 Pro to my 2022 rc pro I’ve just bought 2nd hand. When I try to open the downloaded assistant 2 I’m just getting a pop up saying “cannot be opened because it’s from an unidentified developer” MacOS cannot verify this app is free from malware ?? Any advice muchly appreciated as it’s driving me crazy trying to pair to my drone !! Thanks
2023-11-8
Use props
djiuser_ttiy9BpiTQjK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62415 ft
United Kingdom

My RC pro firmware is 03.01.1200
2023-11-8
Use props
dmanthree
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_ttiy9BpiTQjK Posted at 11-8 14:57
Did you download the Dji assistant 2 version 1.2.4 ?? I’m having the exact same issue trying to pair my Mavic 3 Pro to my 2022 rc pro I’ve just bought 2nd hand. When I try to open the downloaded assistant 2 I’m just getting a pop up saying “cannot be opened because it’s from an unidentified developer” MacOS cannot verify this app is free from malware ?? Any advice muchly appreciated as it’s driving me crazy trying to pair to my drone !! Thanks

I use both Mac and Windows, and for most utilities like this I use the Windows machine. Can't comment on the Mac version.
2023-11-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ttiy9BpiTQjK Posted at 11-8 14:57

Hello there. Sorry about the late response. You need to override the security settings of your computer to launch the app. Please try the steps below:
· Find the app to be launched in Mac “Finder”.
· Avoid using Launchpad to execute this operation. Launchpad is not allowed to access the Shortcut menus.
· Tap and hold the Control key and tap the app icon. Select “Open” from the shortcut menu.
· Tap “Open”.
· The app is now saved as an exception to your security settings, and you can open it in the future by double-clicking it, just as you can any authorized app.
Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules