Gimbal code on Air 2 40012 help!
2158 9 2023-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_LxetAX2ugtbF
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18110 ft
United States

I am really frustrated. I have an Air 2 that has flown perfectly and never crashed.  All of a sudden this 40012 code comes up saying gimbal unable to connect. When I turn it on the gimbal fires up like normal and goes through all the normal movements and the camera is still working.  So I think it's not the gimbal but a glitch of software or something. Any idea how to fix? Thanks!!!!
2023-11-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Kindly please try to restart the unit and perform a gimbal calibration and check whether the issue persists. If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider sending in the unit for proper diagnostics as we cannot fix this issue remotely. You may create an online repair case using this link https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2023-11-6
Use props
JasonFawks
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18110 ft
United States

Thanks but my concern is that the errors I have are identical to about five others who have posted recently. I can’t think that is a coincidence. I hadn’t flown mine for a year and the new firmware update seems to be the problem. Can you please report to DJI this issue. Picture of the codes
image.jpg
2023-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

JasonFawks Posted at 11-7 05:44
Thanks but my concern is that the errors I have are identical to about five others who have posted recently. I can’t think that is a coincidence. I hadn’t flown mine for a year and the new firmware update seems to be the problem. Can you please report to DJI this issue. Picture of the codes

Hi there. Usually, it is because the gimbal cannot detect the aircraft IMU data, and it is also an abnormality in the aircraft IMU. Violent transportation, severe drops, and vibrations may have caused the IMU abnormality. We suggest sending the drone for repair by submitting a repair request. Thank you for your patience.
2023-11-8
Use props
Tim v. H
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1329147 ft
Netherlands

JasonFawks Posted at 2023-11-7 05:44

Hello there!

I am having this exact same issue since today. No issues or accidents before and now my checklist before flight is filled with these errors. I am having error codes; 40012, 30050, 30047, 30049, 30045 and 30007. Very annoying because nothing in the settings helps me out or fixes it

Kind regards,

Tim
3-13 11:54
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Tim v. H Posted at 3-13 11:54
Hello there!

I am having this exact same issue since today. No issues or accidents before and now my checklist before flight is filled with these errors. I am having error codes; 40012, 30050, 30047, 30049, 30045 and 30007. Very annoying because nothing in the settings helps me out or fixes it

Hi there. We're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Kindly please restart your aircraft and check whether the issue persists. If yes, I'm afraid that you may consider sending in the unit for proper diagnostics. You may contact our team at https://www.dji.com/support to start up a ticket or you may coordinate with the local dealer where you purchase the unit to check with their after-sales policy. We appreciate your understanding and support.
3-14 00:20
Use props
Eukaliptuss
New

Ireland

Hi everyone.  I've had all error codes; 40012, 30050, 30047, 30049, 30045 etc after a very small ''hit and fall''. The reason of codes was disconnected (by the impact) flat little cable from GPS IMU.  Solution : just google ''Incompatible gimbal data error'' and you will find youtube clip. 10 min and my problems gone. Good Luck and C U ''in the sky''...
3-17 04:36
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Eukaliptuss Posted at 3-17 04:36
Hi everyone.  I've had all error codes; 40012, 30050, 30047, 30049, 30045 etc after a very small ''hit and fall''. The reason of codes was disconnected (by the impact) flat little cable from GPS IMU.  Solution : just google ''Incompatible gimbal data error'' and you will find youtube clip. 10 min and my problems gone. Good Luck and C U ''in the sky''...

Hi there. We're deeply sorry for the incident that happened to your unit. I'm afraid that you may consider sending in your unit for proper diagnostics. You may contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
3-18 01:52
Use props
djiuser_X7pdSua1VmcO
New

Canada

JasonFawks Posted at 2023-11-7 05:44
Thanks but my concern is that the errors I have are identical to about five others who have posted recently. I can’t think that is a coincidence. I hadn’t flown mine for a year and the new firmware update seems to be the problem. Can you please report to DJI this issue. Picture of the codes[Image]

Have you found out the issue? I am having the same codes.
4-8 12:58
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_X7pdSua1VmcO Posted at 4-8 12:58
Have you found out the issue? I am having the same codes.

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. Please try restarting your aircraft multiple times. If the drone experienced a crash or collision, we suggest sending it back to DJI for further checking. Please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance. Thank you.
4-8 21:47
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules