United States

Field of Dreams SIRCM AMA Field.

2023-11-6
Use props
Clackers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1438999 ft
Japan

NIce place to fly.  You have some nice fall colours.
2023-11-6
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Lovey spot in-between human habitation.
2023-11-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely flight BBT.  
2023-11-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Impressive views.    I like how the flying field is somewhat remote.  Great job on this video.  
2023-11-7
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5039731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-7 04:22
Impressive views.    I like how the flying field is somewhat remote.  Great job on this video.

Thanks. It's a nice place to practice, relax and fly with others.
2023-11-7
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice open space for a flight. Autumn colours always add something.
2023-11-7
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 11-7 07:00
Nice open space for a flight. Autumn colours always add something.

Yes without it it would be drab.
2023-11-7
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 11-7 08:46
Yes without it it would be drab.

I think we'll be down to wooden skeletons soon if this wind and rain persists much longer.
2023-11-7
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 11-7 10:40
I think we'll be down to wooden skeletons soon if this wind and rain persists much longer.

We have rain for the next couple of days too. I'm glad I got out for a flight in between the wind and rain.
2023-11-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 11-7 05:00
Thanks. It's a nice place to practice, relax and fly with others.

What's even nicer is that you seem to get along with the RC plane pilots.  I mentioned to you before here that us drone pilots are looked down upon if we try to fly at the RC plane location.  Seems we have to many props for their liking.  
2023-11-7
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-7 16:23
What's even nicer is that you seem to get along with the RC plane pilots.  I mentioned to you before here that us drone pilots are looked down upon if we try to fly at the RC plane location.  Seems we have to many props for their liking.

The key to being accepted is becoming a paid member. The Airplane clubs pay the AMA for insurance and membership. Then the pay a club fee to fly there. Drone pilots can usually fly anywhere. When we fly drone we get in the way of their patterns. Airplanes need to fly in a square pattern so they can land on the downwind leg.  We screw them up because we fly all over the place in an unpredictable manner. Once you understand that and show them that you can take off behind their pattern, then fly out of their flight pattern they won't be leary of you.

These guys lose their planes all the time. If you help one of them find their plane with your drone you will have a friend for life.

2023-11-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 11-7 16:34
The key to being accepted is becoming a paid member. The Airplane clubs pay the AMA for insurance and membership. Then the pay a club fee to fly there. Drone pilots can usually fly anywhere. When we fly drone we get in the way of their patterns. Airplanes need to fly in a square pattern so they can land on the downwind leg.  We screw them up because we fly all over the place in an unpredictable manner. Once you understand that and show them that you can take off behind their pattern, then fly out of their flight pattern they won't be leary of you.

These guys lose their planes all the time. If you help one of them find their plane with your drone you will have a friend for life.

I may have to give it another try but first I have to see if they took down the big sign that says No Drones Allowed.  Really it is no biggie as I have lots of places to fly anyway.  I have used scuba diving to recover items lost in a lake so who knows maybe one day I can use one of my drones to find a lost model aircraft.  
2023-11-7
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-7 16:40
I may have to give it another try but first I have to see if they took down the big sign that says No Drones Allowed.  Really it is no biggie as I have lots of places to fly anyway.  I have used scuba diving to recover items lost in a lake so who knows maybe one day I can use one of my drones to find a lost model aircraft.

Last time I went to the field an older member lost a $4,000.00 airplane in the weeds. I didn't find it then but when I went over the video footage I found his airplane in the weed by the creek. He gave me a bottle of scotch and thanked me profusely.
2023-11-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 11-7 16:48
Last time I went to the field an older member lost a $4,000.00 airplane in the weeds. I didn't find it then but when I went over the video footage I found his airplane in the weed by the creek. He gave me a bottle of scotch and thanked me profusely.

That makes me want to go out and look for lost drones.  
2023-11-8
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-8 14:50
That makes me want to go out and look for lost drones.

Can't hurt. It amazes me how many airplane pilots don't have a plane finder on their rigs.
2023-11-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 11-8 15:46
Can't hurt. It amazes me how many airplane pilots don't have a plane finder on their rigs.

Because DJI only uses GPS for the find my drone feature I added a VIFLY Beacon/Wireless Buzzer.  This beacon has a loud audible alarm and a bright flashing LED light.  Fortunately, I've never had to use it to find any of my drones but it sure gives me peace of mind and I can move it from drone to drone with ease.  It's very light and only weighs about 5 maybe 6 grams.
2023-11-8
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-8 16:29
Because DJI only uses GPS for the find my drone feature I added a VIFLY Beacon/Wireless Buzzer.  This beacon has a loud audible alarm and a bright flashing LED light.  Fortunately, I've never had to use it to find any of my drones but it sure gives me peace of mind and I can move it from drone to drone with ease.  It's very light and only weighs about 5 maybe 6 grams.

That's a good idea.
2023-11-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

It was just added protection that I felt I might need as I flew my first couple of drones.  However, I still use it to date and I'm on my 6th drone.  
2023-11-9
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-9 04:05
It was just added protection that I felt I might need as I flew my first couple of drones.  However, I still use it to date and I'm on my 6th drone.

Best to have insurance of any kind because gravity eventually wins.
2023-11-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 11-9 04:38
Best to have insurance of any kind because gravity eventually wins.

Lots of truth to that statement.  
2023-11-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to see!
2023-12-24
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-24 02:50
Nice to see!

Much appreciated.
2023-12-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

No problem at all. Have a nice Christmas!
2023-12-24
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

That's funny
2023-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now