3573 36 2023-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

Hey,
I'm a mini 3 pro user and am thinking about buying the DJi FPV, but i have a few questions.
1. What is the difference between the FPV combo, and the explorer combo? the only difference that i can see is that the FPV combo has goggles Integra with a bunch of lenses, wereas the Explorer combo has goggles 2.

2. which one should i buy? they cost the same thing

Thanks for the time

2023-11-7
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

For sure, buy the Explorer Combo which contains Goggles Integra.
2023-11-7
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-7 12:50
For sure, buy the Explorer Combo which contains Goggles Integra.

Why that over the other option?
2023-11-7
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Potato mini Posted at 11-7 13:58
Why that over the other option?

Im not 100% sure which other combo you are referring to but I believe those come with Goggles v2 which will not work with your Mini 3 Pro should you want to go that route.  Also with DJI FPV, you want Goggles Integra for the RID.
2023-11-7
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-7 14:47
Im not 100% sure which other combo you are referring to but I believe those come with Goggles v2 which will not work with your Mini 3 Pro should you want to go that route.  Also with DJI FPV, you want Goggles Integra for the RID.

ok. I wasn't sure which combo was newer, but i talked to support and got it worked out. thanks for the help
2023-11-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The only difference between the two packages is the DJI FPV Explorer combo has the DJI Goggles Integra while the DJI FPV Combo has the DJI FPV Goggles V2. You may check the "In the Box" of each package using the link below. Thank you for your valued support.

DJI FPV Explorer combo: https://store.dji.com/product/dji-fpv?vid=144201

DJI FPV Combo: https://store.dji.com/product/dji-fpv?vid=101601
2023-11-7
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-7 19:28
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The only difference between the two packages is the DJI FPV Explorer combo has the DJI Goggles Integra while the DJI FPV Combo has the DJI FPV Goggles V2. You may check the "In the Box" of each package using the link below. Thank you for your valued support.

DJI FPV Explorer combo: https://store.dji.com/product/dji-fpv?vid=144201

thanks for the info
2023-11-8
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-7 14:47

ya I'm not sure if i'm going to buy it because DJI might release a FPV 2
2023-11-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Potato mini Posted at 11-8 08:39
ya I'm not sure if i'm going to buy it because DJI might release a FPV 2

Don't forget there are open box or used FPV kits available, I've seen them for a little as $599.  But yes, it is likely FPV2 is abound this spring or later in 2024 since FPV1 is getting pretty old.
2023-11-8
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-8 09:32
Don't forget there are open box or used FPV kits available, I've seen them for a little as $599.  But yes, it is likely FPV2 is abound this spring or later in 2024 since FPV1 is getting pretty old.

on ebay? Ya, I should wait but i don't want to. Is the FPV lacking any features that they might add on FPV2? Hopefully they release the FPV 2 soon
2023-11-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Potato mini Posted at 11-8 09:48
on ebay? Ya, I should wait but i don't want to. Is the FPV lacking any features that they might add on FPV2? Hopefully they release the FPV 2 soon

ebay and other places on sale every now and again.  i think best buy has a great deal awhile back.  you can even buy the fpv drone only single for around $200 and then get your own goggles/controller.

i look to the avata when i think about new features on the next fpv.  the current fpv will always be fun and have it's place but i see the new fpv2 using better controllers which means better connectivity, longer range, better battery life, etc.  it will have rid (which is currently a pain) and the camera will be much better.  but it will cost more....way more.  setup time for fpv is a bit long, also.
2023-11-8
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-8 10:12
ebay and other places on sale every now and again.  i think best buy has a great deal awhile back.  you can even buy the fpv drone only single for around $200 and then get your own goggles/controller.

i look to the avata when i think about new features on the next fpv.  the current fpv will always be fun and have it's place but i see the new fpv2 using better controllers which means better connectivity, longer range, better battery life, etc.  it will have rid (which is currently a pain) and the camera will be much better.  but it will cost more....way more.  setup time for fpv is a bit long, also.

so... I should just buy off ebay/best buy? Is the FPV still work the money? I can't spend more then $1200
2023-11-8
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-8 10:12
ebay and other places on sale every now and again.  i think best buy has a great deal awhile back.  you can even buy the fpv drone only single for around $200 and then get your own goggles/controller.

i look to the avata when i think about new features on the next fpv.  the current fpv will always be fun and have it's place but i see the new fpv2 using better controllers which means better connectivity, longer range, better battery life, etc.  it will have rid (which is currently a pain) and the camera will be much better.  but it will cost more....way more.  setup time for fpv is a bit long, also.

I've looked at some other FPVs on other websites, but they all are pro stuff and go over my head, and you have to buy everything individually, which is a pain
2023-11-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I would wait closer to BF and the holidays for one last push to get rid of FPV inventory.  To me, it would be worth it for a long as there is no FPV2 available at the same time.
2023-11-8
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-8 12:40
I would wait closer to BF and the holidays for one last push to get rid of FPV inventory.  To me, it would be worth it for a long as there is no FPV2 available at the same time.

Does the FPV have rid?(not that i care)
2023-11-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Potato mini Posted at 11-8 14:37
Does the FPV have rid?(not that i care)

Apparently it does if you update to the latest version of software and then connect your mobile to the Fly app.  Otherwise, it won't take off.
2023-11-8
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-8 14:51
Apparently it does if you update to the latest version of software and then connect your mobile to the Fly app.  Otherwise, it won't take off.

that's a pain. I want to get the next one, but I want it soon with the price the other one is at, kindof like what dji did with the mini4pro. it was the same price as the mini3 pro before they launched the 4
2023-11-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Potato mini Posted at 11-8 15:44
that's a pain. I want to get the next one, but I want it soon with the price the other one is at, kindof like what dji did with the mini4pro. it was the same price as the mini3 pro before they launched the 4

Me, too.  Can't wait as I will upgrade as well.  The Avata is ok but it is ultimately too slow.
2023-11-8
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-8 15:59
Me, too.  Can't wait as I will upgrade as well.  The Avata is ok but it is ultimately too slow.

ya, guess I'll just wait. lmk if there are any leaks. Hopefully they will release by BF or Christmas
2023-11-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Potato mini Posted at 11-8 16:01
ya, guess I'll just wait. lmk if there are any leaks. Hopefully they will release by BF or Christmas

if i didn't already have an avata, i would get this:  https://dronedj.com/2023/11/09/dji-avata-drone-discount-deal/
2023-11-9
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-9 07:27
if i didn't already have an avata, i would get this:  https://dronedj.com/2023/11/09/dji-avata-drone-discount-deal/

I don't know. the FPV combo,(not explorer,) is 10 % off right now. would it be better to buy the explorer anyway? The avata is at a great discount but I want a freestlyle drone and the avata isn't right?
2023-11-9
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Potato mini Posted at 11-9 08:17
I don't know. the FPV combo,(not explorer,) is 10 % off right now. would it be better to buy the explorer anyway? The avata is at a great discount but I want a freestlyle drone and the avata isn't right?

agreed, the avata is not exactly freestyle but it's still one heck of a fun drone to fly.  whatever option, always choose the one with goggles integra.
2023-11-9
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-9 11:49
agreed, the avata is not exactly freestyle but it's still one heck of a fun drone to fly.  whatever option, always choose the one with goggles integra.

why? Is the goggles integra way better? if so, how are the goggles 2 more expensive? I would get both, but I kinda don't have the money to do that sadly.
2023-11-9
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Potato mini Posted at 11-9 12:20
why? Is the goggles integra way better? if so, how are the goggles 2 more expensive? I would get both, but I kinda don't have the money to do that sadly.

i have both and even though the googles 2 appears to have better specs, the view thru the integra is very good, they fit me much better than than goggles 2, i like the built in battery and i have no problems running out of battery life.  integra has built-in RID which googles 2 do not and i don't like that touchpad on the goggles 2.  the only reason i keep goggles 2 is for a bystander on broadcast mode.
2023-11-9
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-9 14:01
i have both and even though the googles 2 appears to have better specs, the view thru the integra is very good, they fit me much better than than goggles 2, i like the built in battery and i have no problems running out of battery life.  integra has built-in RID which googles 2 do not and i don't like that touchpad on the goggles 2.  the only reason i keep goggles 2 is for a bystander on broadcast mode.

I guess I just don't know. I'll get the Integra, but which drone still has me wondering. I don't know if I should wait or buy the FPV1
2023-11-9
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Potato mini Posted at 11-9 14:15
I guess I just don't know. I'll get the Integra, but which drone still has me wondering. I don't know if I should wait or buy the FPV1

Yeah that's a tough one but for me, I can't fly in teh winter so I'm more likely to wait.  Also I tend to keep my older drones so if a new drone comes out, I will probably buy it later in teh year.  Honestly I would just wait and get what we all really want and look forward to which is the FPV2 which might even come with a new set of O4 goggles.
2023-11-9
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-9 14:18
Yeah that's a tough one but for me, I can't fly in teh winter so I'm more likely to wait.  Also I tend to keep my older drones so if a new drone comes out, I will probably buy it later in teh year.  Honestly I would just wait and get what we all really want and look forward to which is the FPV2 which might even come with a new set of O4 goggles.

I agree. I'll keep the mini 3 pro and wait till spring, summer. I don't think that they will release O4 goggles for a while yet because integra is compatible with the air 3, so O4 products
2023-11-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

You are most welcome. Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-11-9
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-9 14:01
i have both and even though the googles 2 appears to have better specs, the view thru the integra is very good, they fit me much better than than goggles 2, i like the built in battery and i have no problems running out of battery life.  integra has built-in RID which googles 2 do not and i don't like that touchpad on the goggles 2.  the only reason i keep goggles 2 is for a bystander on broadcast mode.

I saw a thread about the goggles integra fogging up, does this happen to you? (It's hard to know how much to believe the doom merchants)
2023-11-10
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Potato mini Posted at 11-10 09:19
I saw a thread about the goggles integra fogging up, does this happen to you? (It's hard to know how much to believe the doom merchants)

ive heard that as well but my googles have never fogged up
2023-11-10
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-10 09:28
ive heard that as well but my googles have never fogged up

Thats good to know. I guess I'll just wait till the FPV2 comes out.
2023-11-10
Use props
dnddad324
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12536706 ft
United States

Potato mini Posted at 11-10 09:19

I'm almost positive that the Integra goggles have a fan....either that or mine just happen to make a sound like a fan. Either way, I don't have a problem with fogging in either hot weather or cold weather.

I was on the fence about getting the Avata....especially after DJI dropped the update that enabled RID.  The googles 2 already had the battery dangling from a cable and with RID enabled, you now had to have a phone dangling as well. Then they released the Integras...which was a a game changer for me. There are a couple of compromise (multiple lenses vs adjustable diopters, the touch pad....which a lot of people weren't happy with, and a couple of others that I can't think of off the top of my head).

As far as which one to buy.....

I haven't heard rumors of the FPV 2 but only rumors of the Avionix aka the Avata 2. I don't think DJI will ever sell a true FPV quad (though if you look hard enough around their store....at one time they sold a carbon frame to go with the old air units). Whether DJI comes out with the FPV 2/Avata 2 is pure speculation.

I bought the Avata Explorer kit in the early spring. It comes with the Motion Controller 2 which is fun but I much prefer a traditional controller (plus you can't fly manual with the Motion Controllers) which is why I also purchased the FPV Controller 2.

I had never even considered buy the DJI FPV as a certain popular youtuber gave it a bad reputation. Let's just say I just recently purchased a used DJI FPV and love it. Both the Avata and the FPV have their pros and cons. The Avata is a cinewhoop which has it's purposes....it can freestyle but not as well as the DJI FPV.  The DJI FPV is more of a freestyle quad.....except it's a very, very fragile quad (which doesn't really suit the freestyle end of things.). The Avata is much slower than the FPV as well.

I love both drones, honestly. Like I said, they each serve their purpose. If had to go back and do it again with what's available now....I'd get the DJI FPV Explorer combo (the Avata version comes with the Motion Controller 2 whereas the FPV version comes with the FPV Controller 2) and then buy the Avata by itself.

Just my two cents though.....
2023-11-13
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

dnddad324 Posted at 11-13 13:47
I'm almost positive that the Integra goggles have a fan....either that or mine just happen to make a sound like a fan. Either way, I don't have a problem with fogging in either hot weather or cold weather.

I was on the fence about getting the Avata....especially after DJI dropped the update that enabled RID.  The googles 2 already had the battery dangling from a cable and with RID enabled, you now had to have a phone dangling as well. Then they released the Integras...which was a a game changer for me. There are a couple of compromise (multiple lenses vs adjustable diopters, the touch pad....which a lot of people weren't happy with, and a couple of others that I can't think of off the top of my head).

thanks for the help and info. I really appreciate it.
2023-11-13
Use props
djiuser_huspEdaxdR7d
New

United States

What’s the difference between the goggles? Like which one is way better and better quality pictures and vids and better view? And all that stuff
2023-12-25
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_huspEdaxdR7d Posted at 12-25 21:02
What’s the difference between the goggles? Like which one is way better and better quality pictures and vids and better view? And all that stuff

the dji goggles v2 is the older version, the dji goggles 2 is the best version, the dji goggles integra is dji goggles 2 without some of the features, offering a better price. I'm not going to go into the specs, because that would take way to long. here is links to the goggles though.
dji goggles intergra
dji goggles 2
I can't find a link for the goggles v2, but they are in the fpv combo.
Happy new year.
2023-12-26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

this may help with the goggles v2:  https://www.dji.com/products/comparison-goggles
2023-12-27
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

The Saint Posted at 12-27 17:15
this may help with the goggles v2:  https://www.dji.com/products/comparison-goggles

Thanks. I wonder what DJI's going to do next? They've released a air, action, mini, pocket, and now a ronin, so the fpv2, avata2, or the mavic4 must be next, but which one?
2023-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules