Color Correcting and Grading your P3 Footage
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fhagan02
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

A closer look at what "the scopes" are for when color correcting and grading your P3 footage

http://youtu.be/xQua0tuSWLE

2015-9-6
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Very nice I liked the work you did and the results are like eye candy ! I know it's hard to take that crash.
2015-9-6
Use props
paullindqvist
lvl.2

Sweden

Sorry to hear about the crash, great tutorials! Thank for sharing!
2015-9-6
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
United States

paullindqvist Posted at 2015-9-7 03:15
Sorry to hear about the crash, great tutorials! Thank for sharing!

Thanks for the comment.
2015-9-10
Use props
Bartone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53458 ft
United States

Fredrick, these are great, thank you. Two questions: I'm pretty handy with Photoshop, but not sure the best way to create that gradation with a transparent background - I know the grad tool, just not the transparent file type. Secondly, I'm about to pull the trigger on a new iMac, and trying to decide on the best package - any hints (without breaking the bank)? Thanks
2015-9-10
Use props
bill
lvl.3

United States

Fredrick,  First sorry about your P3P!  Secondly thank you so much for an awesome tutorial.  I look forward to trying some of your techniques.
2015-9-10
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
United States

Bartone Posted at 2015-9-10 20:41
Fredrick, these are great, thank you. Two questions: I'm pretty handy with Photoshop, but not sure t ...

Just select "New" under file and create a new .psd file. Make sure "transparent" is selected. Make your graduated tone and save as .psd and you're good to go.

New .psd

New .psd
2015-9-11
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
United States

Bartone Posted at 2015-9-10 20:41
Fredrick, these are great, thank you. Two questions: I'm pretty handy with Photoshop, but not sure t ...

As far as a new iMac and video editing is concerned:

1) I'd make sure to work off of an external USB3 or thunderbolt hard drive(s). On my Mac Pro the only things that reside on the System hard drive are the system, applications and support files. I have 4 other 2TB Hard Drives that I copy my video to and work from. Having your hard drive dedicated to just apps and the system while accessing you footage elsewhere will speed up your processing time. If you computer's hard drive has to run the system, run the applications and access 4K video projects it taxes the system too much causing a slow running machine.

2) Get an SSD drive for your system drive. I did this and the difference is incredible. e.g. Photoshop used to take about 25-30 seconds to boot up, load the interface, load fonts and be ready. With the SSD system hard drive all this now takes about 4.8 seconds.
2015-9-11
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
United States

bill@northwoods Posted at 2015-9-10 23:03
Fredrick,  First sorry about your P3P!  Secondly thank you so much for an awesome tutorial.  I look  ...

Thanks for the comment, bill.
2015-9-11
Use props
Crowesnest
lvl.3
Flight distance : 119741 ft
Canada

Great tutorial. It helped me a lot.  Thanks.
2015-9-11
Use props
superdodoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 118422 ft
United States

This is great tutorial. Thanks for sharing.
2015-9-11
Use props
Bartone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53458 ft
United States

fhagan02@me.com Posted at 2015-9-11 06:47
As far as a new iMac and video editing is concerned:

1) I'd make sure to work off of an external  ...

Thank you, Fredrick. Much information. I've a 1TB SSD drive in my old (present) Mac, don't know if I can transfer it to a new iMac or not. Probably not... But really, thank you - you've contributed great information that's sure to improve many peoples' work.
2015-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules