Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mini 5 Pro wishlist...

Time to tell DJI what you'd like to see on a Mini 5.

for me:

• A higher resolution camera with better dynamic range.
  • Vision Assist like they added to the Mavic 3 Pro.
  • Airsense
  • Better quality airframe with a longer life,   my legs got sloppy after 5500km and the replacement is coming up on that distance and is going the same way.
  • More supported charge cycles on the battery,  after 180 charges you get anonying nag on the screen at all times.

Feel free to add your suggestions below.

2023-11-11
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Better quality airframe with a longer life,   my legs got sloppy after  5500km and the replacement is coming up on that distance and is going  the same way.
Please elaborate, have you already done 5500km on the Mini4????

2023-11-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Buy pivots and DIY replace them ????? How many opening and closing of the arms?

Or perhaps leave the arms in the flying position all the time, the latter would be a good way of checking whether or not it is wear that is causing the problem or something else.

I am fairly sure the front ones are 5 minutes work, can't remember if you have to open the shell to do the rear ones.
2023-11-11
Use props
Sam654
lvl.3
Flight distance : 132667 ft

United Kingdom

Here are some, though I'll probably think of (remember) more. I have the M3P, so not sure if any of these are already in the 4.

360 Shperes
Shoot in portrait orientaion the capture the zenith properly.
Allow shooting with AEB and hi-res, saved as source photos.

Camera
Ability to adjust the stop-gap between brackets in AEB.
Adjustable apperture.
When recording in Log colour modes, an option to apply a LUT to the display for easier viewing.

Active Track
Track any subject, not just people and vehicles.
Follow RC location.

RTH
Option to toggle between classic RTH and an RT-RC mode. Useful when on the move, you don't need to keep updating home point all the time. I would certainly use this operating from a boat, but would be handy for any mode of transport.

Custom Routines
I know the 4 has waypoints where a mission can be pre-set. But I'm thinking of things that are not necessarily location specific. Think of Quick/Master Shots, it will carry out the same proceedure wherever you tell it to happen. So for example you could make a custom panorama shoot sequence, or design your own Master-Shots where it will carry out a set of pre-defined moves, or set up a shooting sequence for photogrammetry about a subject. Probably many other uses you can imagine.
And would be nice if you could set this up from the comfort of home on the computer.

That's it for now...

2023-11-11
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152329 ft
United Kingdom

Blimey, the M4P has only been out for a few weeks and already a post about a future drone that may never take to the skies.  There is just no pleasing some people!!
2023-11-11
Use props
Sam654
lvl.3
Flight distance : 132667 ft

United Kingdom

Steph Jant Posted at 11-11 08:37
Blimey, the M4P has only been out for a few weeks and already a post about a future drone that may never take to the skies.  There is just no pleasing some people!!

I don't see any harm in discussing features we would like to see in future.
It may even lead DJI to consider adding features people actually want.
Some could potentially be added via updates to current models (though likely not older ones).
From my point of view, having got the M3P not so long ago, I don't see myself getting an M4P. Perhaps if/when the M5P arrives I will be due an upgrade.
2023-11-11
Use props
ryguyMN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17480 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wouldn't be surprised to see if they fit a one-inch sensor into the Mini 5 Pro.
2023-11-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mini 5 Pro is already in the hands of the DJI professionals and is likely flying around their offices today.  If not, they would be remiss because as an employee, you have to fly the drone that the public doesn't fly....that's a rule.  

Do whatever you can to improve the drone without raising the cost or raising the weight.
2023-11-11
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Optical camera vs digitalGoggle capability
2023-11-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. DA. We appreciate you looking forward to our new products in the future. Please note that we don't have any information regarding the said product mentioned on the post but rest assured that this information will be forwarded to the designated team. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-11-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ryguyMN Posted at 11-11 10:34
Wouldn't be surprised to see if they fit a one-inch sensor into the Mini 5 Pro.

Id heard the Mini 4 Ultra might get the Pocket 3 camera for that.  
2023-11-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Monkey007 Posted at 11-11 03:20
Better quality airframe with a longer life,   my legs got sloppy after  5500km and the replacement is coming up on that distance and is going  the same way.
Please elaborate, have you already done 5500km on the Mini4????

No thats a Mini 3 but as far as I can tell it's the same frame.
2023-11-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-11 04:31
Buy pivots and DIY replace them ????? How many opening and closing of the arms?

Or perhaps leave the arms in the flying position all the time, the latter would be a good way of checking whether or not it is wear that is causing the problem or something else.

As far as I know the entire shell has to come off to replace them,   Im probably better of paying DJI £30 to do it and get a new drone back.
2023-11-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blimey, the M4P has only been out for a few weeks and already a post about a future drone that may never take to the skies.  There is just no pleasing some people!!

Probably because as a Mini 3 Pro owner the Mini 4 adds nothing that I want in a replacement and was quite the disappointment.    I could have had a free one from Argos but even at free its not worth it.
2023-11-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-12 00:28
As far as I know the entire shell has to come off to replace them,   Im probably better of paying DJI £30 to do it and get a new drone back.

Assuming we are talking about your mini 3 pro ......
Sorry but

With regards to the rear pivots, looking at the pivots on ebay, the Mini 3 rear arm pivots are similar to the front arm pivots if the Mini 1/2 and M2P/Z. With those you remove the two screws clamping the pivot to the drone, position the arm at the tipping point between spring open and spring shut and pull the pivot out of the drone. Positioning the arm at the tipping point between spring open and spring shut take the stress off the arm and the pivot comes out and goes back in quite easily.
That said if the drone is still under warranty etc. yes I'd go with a DJI repair but it would be interesting to know where the problem lies.
2023-11-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-12 04:49
Assuming we are talking about your mini 3 pro ......
Sorry but
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WOToPMGiso

That is indeed easier thanI thought.  But Im struggling to find the parts from a reputable source that would be cheaper than what DJI charged me,   they wouldn't cover it under warranty but quoted £30 and sent me back a new drone,  which when youve got the airtime on the one I sent in that I have its nice to refresh the entire drone.
2023-11-12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-12 05:42
That is indeed easier thanI thought.  But Im struggling to find the parts from a reputable source that would be cheaper than what DJI charged me,   they wouldn't cover it under warranty but quoted £30 and sent me back a new drone,  which when youve got the airtime on the one I sent in that I have its nice to refresh the entire drone.

2023-11-12
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

Sam654 Posted at 11-11 07:37
Here are some, though I'll probably think of (remember) more. I have the M3P, so not sure if any of these are already in the 4.

360 Shperes

2023-11-12
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

360 Shperes

2023-11-12
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

360 Shperes

2023-11-12
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

360 Shperes

2023-11-12
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 11-12 00:29
Probably because as a Mini 3 Pro owner the Mini 4 adds nothing that I want in a replacement and was quite the disappointment.    I could have had a free one from Argos but even at free its not worth it.

Really? For me that O4 transmission alone is worth the upgrade, not to mention 360 obstacle avoidance and waypoints
2023-11-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-12 05:42
That is indeed easier thanI thought.  But Im struggling to find the parts from a reputable source that would be cheaper than what DJI charged me,   they wouldn't cover it under warranty but quoted £30 and sent me back a new drone,  which when youve got the airtime on the one I sent in that I have its nice to refresh the entire drone.

Wait, what? If the drone is under 1 year old then it should be cover as its not a consumable, unless they state a max milage like they do with the battery cycles? Ive not seen a max milage mentioned. If not then they cant arbitrarily state its not covered under warranty, we have safe guards for that in the UK.
2023-11-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would like to see a 1" sensor and variable aperture.

If i could afford to upgrade, i would have to the Mini 4 Pro as i like the additions that it has, especially the new on-screen additions, but the O4, waypoints and precision landing are up there too.
2023-11-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Monkey007 Posted at 11-12 18:19
Really? For me that O4 transmission alone is worth the upgrade, not to mention 360 obstacle avoidance and waypoints

I have no issues with transmission.  I can easily outfly the battery if I wanted to now so more range is if no interest.   Most I fly with OA turned off as most of my flights are around dawn and dusk where it can get confused and stop the drone for no reason.     I’ve got waypoints on other drones and I’ve not used it.  And if I want to there’s a workaround on the mini 3 to do what I’d want to do with it anyway.  
2023-11-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 11-12 18:46
Wait, what? If the drone is under 1 year old then it should be cover as its not a consumable, unless they state a max milage like they do with the battery cycles? Ive not seen a max milage mentioned. If not then they cant arbitrarily state its not covered under warranty, we have safe guards for that in the UK.

I forget the exact wording they used at the time but they basically accused me of either crashing it or being too rough.  And for £30 I wasn’t going to argue about it.  Not when they sent me a new drone.
2023-11-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 11-12 18:50
I would like to see a 1" sensor and variable aperture.

If i could afford to upgrade, i would have to the Mini 4 Pro as i like the additions that it has, especially the new on-screen additions, but the O4, waypoints and precision landing are up there too.

1” would be nice.   

The other features on the mini 4 dont appeal to me and I could have a free one from Argos.    But that all depends on what your using the drone for.  I regularly take off and land on a wall where precision landing wouldn't be precise enough and I suspect would just throw the area not suitable for landing message. But I can land there manually easily.   Waypoints I've got on other drones and I don't use it.  O4 I hear isn't much better in CE more than o3 was so that would still need an upgrade here.  
2023-11-12
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 11-12 20:30
I have no issues with transmission.  I can easily outfly the battery if I wanted to now so more range is if no interest.   Most I fly with OA turned off as most of my flights are around dawn and dusk where it can get confused and stop the drone for no reason.     I’ve got waypoints on other drones and I’ve not used it.  And if I want to there’s a workaround on the mini 3 to do what I’d want to do with it anyway.

According to your interesting rationale you should be just as happy with a Mini2
2023-11-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Monkey007 Posted at 11-12 20:43
According to your interesting rationale you should be just as happy with a Mini2

Not really as the mini 2 camera in low light is terrible.   But if the camera and flight time matched the mini3 I would be.  
2023-11-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-12 21:24
I have to say DJI is very reasonable on their repair rates.  I always tell people to just send the drone in & get it fixed properly.

I had a broken mini 2 gimbal that they replaced the drone for and it took them 3 units before they sent one that worked properly,  it was frustrating for me,  but they went out of he way to make things right and the price was very reasonable.
2023-11-12
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-12 20:31
I forget the exact wording they used at the time but they basically accused me of either crashing it or being too rough.  And for £30 I wasn’t going to argue about it.  Not when they sent me a new drone.

There is that i suppose, but that fact that they blanked over the distance travelled, its bound to become loosey loo. Does their testing even cover than many folds? i doubt it. As ya say, it was only £30 so i would have been happy paying that than to sit there arguing the point.
2023-11-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-12 20:32
1” would be nice.   

The other features on the mini 4 dont appeal to me and I could have a free one from Argos.    But that all depends on what your using the drone for.  I regularly take off and land on a wall where precision landing wouldn't be precise enough and I suspect would just throw the area not suitable for landing message. But I can land there manually easily.   Waypoints I've got on other drones and I don't use it.  O4 I hear isn't much better in CE more than o3 was so that would still need an upgrade here.

You know what folks kept saying for the range on the 3 Pro, so i would take any negatives on that with a pinch of salt. But then there is always FCC and i have seen that that is available
2023-11-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-12 21:24
I have to say DJI is very reasonable on their repair rates.  I always tell people to just send the drone in & get it fixed properly.

Agreed, the only time it becomes a major expense is when its the camera and/or damage to many parts
2023-11-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 11-13 00:10
There is that i suppose, but that fact that they blanked over the distance travelled, its bound to become loosey loo. Does their testing even cover than many folds? i doubt it. As ya say, it was only £30 so i would have been happy paying that than to sit there arguing the point.

Thats exactly how I felt and I knew I was getting a new drone so took the easy life.  
2023-11-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 11-13 00:14
Agreed, the only time it becomes a major expense is when its the camera and/or damage to many parts

I damaged the camera, gimbal and an arm on the Mini 2,  totally my fault and it cost me £80 for a new drone.    I didnt think that was too bad.  
2023-11-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-13 00:42
I damaged the camera, gimbal and an arm on the Mini 2,  totally my fault and it cost me £80 for a new drone.    I didnt think that was too bad.

If I remember right, the camera for the p4p was £300 or was it £600, for some reason I have it in my head that it was half the cost of the drone.
2023-11-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 11-13 00:50
If I remember right, the camera for the p4p was £300 or was it £600, for some reason I have it in my head that it was half the cost of the drone.

Im sure the mini series was a lot more sold than the phantom thus the costs came down a lot.
2023-11-13
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

No doubt about that!
Same forum users posting the same nonsense, typical.
2023-11-13
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

TP-FPV Posted at 11-13 05:56
No doubt about that!
Same forum users posting the same nonsense, typical.

OR they aren't happy with  the mini 4 pro and are asking dji, instead of demanding the impossible, the things they would like to see on the mini 5 pro.
2023-11-14
Use props
Tech-Retard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 344 ft
United States

As a newbie Mini 4 Pro owner I'm happy with what it has at this point.  Once I get more into flying and recording with it I'm sure I'll come up with a wish list of my own.

When it comes to the RC 2 controller that came with my Mini 4, there are several things I'd love to see changed or updated.

1.  Ability to make the controller the home point with a simple selecting of an icon.  This way I won't have to remember to update the home point each time I move to a different area.

2.  The ability to program either of the buttons on the back of the controller to act as an automatic home point updater.

3.  The ability to set the speed and smoothness of the zoom button on top of the controller.

4.  The ability to set the speed and the smoothness of the gimbal tilt button.

5.  The ability to select my SD card as the place where I want my screen recording to be stored.

I've mentioned all this stuff to DJI but, any replies I've gotten have been the generic, "We'll pass your suggestion on to those who deal with this kind of stuff over at DJY.

2023-11-14
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules