Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fozando Posted at 1-30 22:04
They have already confirmed the SDK for the Mini 4 Pro for this year. At the moment the Mini line is an exception of the SDK discontinuation.

Thats good as last they said was this about consumer drones -

1-30 23:55
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-30 23:55
Thats good as last they said was this about consumer drones -

[view_image]

I need to try to find where I read it on here, but I thought DJI had confirmed that the Pro variants of the Mini Series would be the only ones to get SDK support going forward.

That doesn't contradict  what has been said, but would give us some hope for the future.
1-31 01:21
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

What do we reckon is next?

Mini 4
Mini 4 SE
Mini 4 S....

When do we expect those, and do we expect the 5 this year or next?

I feel the need for some leaks, but haven't seen anything yet....
1-31 01:23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 1-31 01:23
What do we reckon is next?

Mini 4

Mini 4 Ultra with an improved camera sensor.
1-31 01:24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 1-31 01:21
I need to try to find where I read it on here, but I thought DJI had confirmed that the Pro variants of the Mini Series would be the only ones to get SDK support going forward.

That doesn't contradict  what has been said, but would give us some hope for the future.

It feels like the supported devices list just keeps changing,    I see Air3 is also not getting SDK too,  IOS has been dropped from support as well.  
1-31 01:25
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 1-31 01:24
Mini 4 Ultra with an improved camera sensor.

If they improve the sensor any more we're going to need some kind of aperture control, aren't we?

I've read that the Mini 4 Pro sensitivity is already so high that in bright conditions the shutter speed is way faster than you'd want.

And with the Mini 4 Pro already being so close to 250g, adding ND filters - particularly variable NDs filters - can be dicey.

But adding aperture control will require mechanics in the lens, and that ads weight, complexity and motors/actuators to drain the battery further...

... unless digital aperture control can be brought to camera lenses - apparently it works for RADAR (https://www.everythingrf.com/new ... aperture-for-radars)
1-31 03:53
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 1-31 03:53
If they improve the sensor any more we're going to need some kind of aperture control, aren't we?

I've read that the Mini 4 Pro sensitivity is already so high that in bright conditions the shutter speed is way faster than you'd want.

The current sensor on the Mini 4 is the same as the Mini3 Pro,  they just improved the ISP which is something you can easily do in post so it only really saves a little time,    Im sure they will need to improve the quality of the sensor,  I doubt it will get an aperture as they want to differentiate these products from the more expensive manics.
1-31 04:31
Use props
Valkyre4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1198176 ft
Greece

I want nothing more but a double camera system like the Air 3 has.

Put a Telephoto camera to the mini 5 and that would be just perfection.
2-1 06:54
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Valkyre4 Posted at 2-1 06:54
I want nothing more but a double camera system like the Air 3 has.

Put a Telephoto camera to the mini 5 and that would be just perfection.

+1 that would be great.  
2-1 06:55
Use props
djiuser_yngUInEuR15E
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1785 ft
Canada

Full Frame sensor
Internal ND filters
Under 250g

please?
2-1 07:30
Use props
djiuser_ZhM0ns9C9Zp7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 813625 ft
Turkey

As someone who owns the entire "Mini" series, my recommendations would be as follows.
“Mini 1” had range and signal issues, “Mini 2” had gimbal horizon issues and DJI Assistant 2 had faulty software loading issues, “Mini3 Pro” had gimbal focusing issues, “Mini4 Pro” was still crashing into trees, and Problems: The sensor was not working successfully. If there are RTH and GPS problems in the "Mini 5 pro", all shortcomings will be completed. There can also be great batteries that suddenly die. We will have so much fun...
2-1 11:40
Use props
djiuser_VGDRbqG3SP7l
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58894 ft

United Kingdom

Being released
Q4 2024
FB_IMG_1707234440281.jpg
2-6 07:49
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Take my money.   
2-6 23:35
Use props
djiuser_zyWY5cARs9XU
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20322 ft
Sweden

Strong green flashing diode light on the underside of the drone for night flying in Europe
2-6 23:36
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

RTH without using GPS
2-7 00:50
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Serg SSA Posted at 2-7 00:50
RTH without using GPS

What's wrong with GPS Serg?
2-7 01:19
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

DAFlys Posted at 2-7 01:19

In some places, for example in areas close to the poles, GPS does not work. GPS may not work due to weather conditions, signal interference, or may be specially jammed. There is no signal in industrial premises or a poor signal in mountain gorges. I would like the drone to be able to return based on compass data and trajectory recording. Some expensive drones can do this. This requires a lot of CPU power and is not available in consumer drones, but would be nice to have to avoid losing the drone.
2-7 02:29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Serg SSA Posted at 2-7 02:29
In some places, for example in areas close to the poles, GPS does not work. GPS may not work due to weather conditions, signal interference, or may be specially jammed. There is no signal in industrial premises or a poor signal in mountain gorges. I would like the drone to be able to return based on compass data and trajectory recording. Some expensive drones can do this. This requires a lot of CPU power and is not available in consumer drones, but would be nice to have to avoid losing the drone.

Doesn’t smart RTH already negates that by back tracking the flight path to regain signal.
2-7 02:49
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

DAFlys Posted at 2-7 02:49
Doesn’t smart RTH already negates that by back tracking the flight path to regain signal.

No, smart RTH only works with GPS
2-7 02:54
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Serg SSA Posted at 2-7 02:54
No, smart RTH only works with GPS

Good point,   it only auto lands with loss of both signals.
2-7 04:17
Use props
djiuser_rZrI7P4Lmu2p
New
Flight distance : 349836 ft
United Kingdom

Hi DJI,
My wishlist is to have a live stream function.
More pre set modes for capturing professionals videos.
Upgraded camera/sensors.

2-11 14:26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_rZrI7P4Lmu2p Posted at 2-11 14:26
Hi DJI,
My wishlist is to have a live stream function.
More pre set modes for capturing professionals videos.

You know the Mini 2/3/4 all support live streaming.  
2-12 01:27
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_VGDRbqG3SP7l Posted at 2-6 07:49
Being released
Q4 2024[Image]

I sooooo want this to be true...

Optical zoom and aperture control .. yes please.

Add additional conspicuity lighting as well and I might offer my left arm to DJI....
2-12 03:46
Use props
David Martin Graff
First Officer
Flight distance : 108805200 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow I am speechless
2-12 16:46
Use props
eb154
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I’d like to see upgrades to the camera, the camera, and the camera. True 24mp rather than the silly 48 would be perfect.
2-18 11:00
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

eb154 Posted at 2-18 11:00
I’d like to see upgrades to the camera, the camera, and the camera. True 24mp rather than the silly 48 would be perfect.

100% agree with you on that eb154.   They need to understand the size of the drone doesnt reflect its position in their line up more to the point of where you can fly it.
2-18 23:01
Use props
djiuser_atrwFkJXaZLi
New

United States

PLEASE focus on the “active tracking”/“Follow Me”  (and object avoidance) features. Literally, all myself (and most people I know) want in a compact drone is for it to effectively capture fast moving outdoor activities without having to worry about the drone losing track of the target or running into a tree! I have a ton of friends in the mountain biking/cycling community who have been waiting/hoping for years that you’d put out a “Mini Pro” that can compete with the likes of a “Skydio2” for filming outdoor sports/activites.
Frankly, I could care less about the super high-end pixels and technical aspects of the footage: the quality of camera is plenty good as it is, and most people do not care (and often cannot notice) if a camera can produce content with slightly higher picture resolution on paper. From what I can tell, most people who do prioritize footage quality above all else are going to buy the larger (more stable) models. THE MINI should be FOR THE ADVENTURING OUTDOORSMAN…
IMG_8199.jpeg
2-19 15:08
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_atrwFkJXaZLi Posted at 2-19 15:08
PLEASE focus on the “active tracking”/“Follow Me”  (and object avoidance) features. Literally, all myself (and most people I know) want in a compact drone is for it to effectively capture fast moving outdoor activities without having to worry about the drone losing track of the target or running into a tree! I have a ton of friends in the mountain biking/cycling community who have been waiting/hoping for years that you’d put out a “Mini Pro” that can compete with the likes of a “Skydio2” for filming outdoor sports/activites.
Frankly, I could care less about the super high-end pixels and technical aspects of the footage: the quality of camera is plenty good as it is, and most people do not care (and often cannot notice) if a camera can produce content with slightly higher picture resolution on paper. From what I can tell, most people who do prioritize footage quality above all else are going to buy the larger (more stable) models. THE MINI should be FOR THE ADVENTURING OUTDOORSMAN…

You miss the point,   in other countries we cannot fly the larger models in built up areas so we need the best cameras on the smallest drones.  Also most people want active track and then never ever use it.
2-20 01:49
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

* Snap-in cameras, with (1) night thermal option for koala surveys, (2) hanging insta360, for panorama videos (3) tele-zoom.
* Two stereo cameras on the front, for connection to 3D Goggles 3
* HDMI output to TV, so you can fly from your living room (line of sight)
* LTE SIM
* GPS marker on the Fly App, so you can mark something (a modest proposal), or current GPS position on the Flight Record
* on-display compass, and map triangulation, for fire spotting
* thermometer
* instant drop-out-of-the-sky and recover at 35m. (Descent rates of 5m/s just don't cut it, when you hear a fighter-bomber or survey Cessna)
* turn off OA, properly

I could go on
2-20 05:40
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

Zoooom Posted at 2-20 05:40
* Snap-in cameras, with (1) night thermal option for koala surveys, (2) hanging insta360, for panorama videos (3) tele-zoom.
* Two stereo cameras on the front, for connection to 3D Goggles 3
* HDMI output to TV, so you can fly from your living room (line of sight)

Do we still want a 249 gram drone?
2-20 06:40
Use props
djiuser_SwgXPHgTqxAj
lvl.2

Poland

djiuser_atrwFkJXaZLi Posted at 2-19 15:08
PLEASE focus on the “active tracking”/“Follow Me”  (and object avoidance) features. Literally, all myself (and most people I know) want in a compact drone is for it to effectively capture fast moving outdoor activities without having to worry about the drone losing track of the target or running into a tree! I have a ton of friends in the mountain biking/cycling community who have been waiting/hoping for years that you’d put out a “Mini Pro” that can compete with the likes of a “Skydio2” for filming outdoor sports/activites.
Frankly, I could care less about the super high-end pixels and technical aspects of the footage: the quality of camera is plenty good as it is, and most people do not care (and often cannot notice) if a camera can produce content with slightly higher picture resolution on paper. From what I can tell, most people who do prioritize footage quality above all else are going to buy the larger (more stable) models. THE MINI should be FOR THE ADVENTURING OUTDOORSMAN…

This! The beacon would be great to have, and wouldn't affect the drone mass in any way. I hope they will introduce it
3-7 01:53
Use props
mapyx2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17730 ft
Italy

RTK positioning
3-7 12:13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think thats pretty unlikely.  sadly.  
3-9 01:07
Use props
MacTaier
lvl.1

Russia

Serg SSA Posted at 2-20 06:40
Do we still want a 249 gram drone?

No, because in my country the registration goes from 150 grams.)
All I want in the new Mini Pro is a better camera, something like the improved Air 3 telecamera
3-12 13:39
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

MacTaier Posted at 3-12 13:39
No, because in my country the registration goes from 150 grams.)
All I want in the new Mini Pro is a better camera, something like the improved Air 3 telecamera

Well, buy Air3 ), but others need a drone less than 250g
3-12 23:00
Use props
MacTaier
lvl.1

Russia

Serg SSA Posted at 3-12 23:00
Well, buy Air3 ), but others need a drone less than 250g

Air3 is bigger and more expensive.
I need a small drone of "Mini Pro" format, but with a good camera, for fast sporting events..
3-13 03:47
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

MacTaier Posted at 3-13 03:47
Air3 is bigger and more expensive.
I need a small drone of "Mini Pro" format, but with a good camera, for fast sporting events..

Then you need an FPV drone.
But this is not the topic of choosing a drone, here are wishes for the mini series, it is for drones up to 250g
You can write a private message and I’ll tell you)
3-13 04:55
Use props
djiuser_mXCTLGogHFUW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 235502 ft
Israel

שיהיה לו חיישנים איפרא אדום מכל הכיוונים שיהיה מוגן גם בלילה
4-14 09:14
Use props
utkinsson
New
Flight distance : 199580 ft
Russia

и всё таки когда видишь выход?
хочу специально в Шанхае полететь и купить.
и интересно, какой из пультов rc pro будет поддерживаться.
and yet, when do you see a way out?
I want to fly to Shanghai specifically and buy.
and I wonder which of the rc pro remotes will be supported.

5-8 23:06
Use props
LeMagnifique
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3281 ft
Czechia

DAFlys Posted at 2-7 01:19

what's wrong with GPS in RuSSia?
they are deliberately jamming the signal because it can be used for rockets against free countries like Ukraine (in fact it is the other way around, Ukraine wants to use it against RuSSian occupiers on its own territory). If the RuSSians weren't stupid, this wouldn't happen.

It has nothing to do with the north pole, these are just silly childish excuses.
5-8 23:21
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules