DJI Pocket 3's BIGGEST feature may be it's BIGGEST problem!
123456Next >
11721 228 2023-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Quite a few Facebook group users are posting videos and photos showing their DJI Pocket 3 screens locked in a partially tilted position, some don't lock at all and simply flip straight back to 'closed' position as soon as opened. Hopefully DJI can address this QUICKLY, but it's most likely not a firmware update, unless the magnetics are 'electromagnets' and are controlled by software - let's see how DJI respond.

2023-11-11
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

There have been a couple of reports in this forum of this problem, but probably not as many as reports of EU overheating.  I find it hard to believe that this screen problem is a basic design fault as these days I would expect DJI to have rigged up a test bed which operated the screen a few thousand times to see what happens.  So maybe the users are doing something that DJI had not anticipated, or its a bad batch problem, or maybe they didn't test with a rig after all...
2023-11-11
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I have heard and seen of a couple since pocket 3 was released. And have just seen a couple on facebook. But pockets being returned on mass you just made that up there is no reports of this anywhere. Maybe you can post the the confirmed reports that these products are being returned “On Mass”

I know you were one of the first to test the pocket 1 and you’re feeling a bit sore you weren’t chosen to review the pocket 3. But when I look back at your pocket 1 review it seems you also forgot to mention some real problems caused by the contrast focus a problem really well documented here on this forum something you left out of your review, so who can you trust these days.

All mechanical products sold in the hundreds of thousands are bound to have a number of hiccups and testing problems. But the screen not locking although it’s a real problem for those it is happening to is not a major concern to the vast majority of those who have purchased already. I seem to remember some posting videos of the Mavic 2 pro gimbal falling off trying to cause hysteria only to be proven to be a complete fake.

As someone said above the heat dissipation is something users in the EU should be more concerned rather than the same couple of videos popping up on different social media platforms.
I look forward to you posting confirmation of all these reports because I cannot find these mass returns anywhere.
2023-11-11
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Indeed you have to wonder what the chances are of encountering this - 1 in 10,000 or the like?  But none the less, I'm not going to rush my purchase - largely because I don't want to rush my divorce!  
2023-11-11
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-11 05:05
There have been a couple of reports in this forum of this problem, but probably not as many as reports of EU overheating.  I find it hard to believe that this screen problem is a basic design fault as these days I would expect DJI to have rigged up a test bed which operated the screen a few thousand times to see what happens.  So maybe the users are doing something that DJI had not anticipated, or its a bad batch problem, or maybe they didn't test with a rig after all...

Yes, worryingly I'm seeing a new post about this issue every single day in the biggest Pocket Facebook groups, it may or may not be widespread, it may arrive after intensive wear and tear, it may be user-misuse, in reality we don't know how many are being returned because not everyone will broadcast that they have a problem.

Let's hope that DJI addresses it, but coupled with the overheating issue I've been very much put off buying the Pocket 3, at least until second hardware iteration/revision is out.
2023-11-11
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

sergeant Posted at 11-11 07:13
Yes, worryingly I'm seeing a new post about this issue every single day in the biggest Pocket Facebook groups, it may or may not be widespread, it may arrive after intensive wear and tear, it may be user-misuse, in reality we don't know how many are being returned because not everyone will broadcast that they have a problem.

Let's hope that DJI addresses it, but coupled with the overheating issue I've been very much put off buying the Pocket 3, at least until second hardware iteration/revision is out.

we don't know how many are being returned because not everyone will broadcast that they have a problem.

You just put out a video saying they were being returned on mass. All because you weren’t given a unit to review :+)
2023-11-11
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-11 06:24
Indeed you have to wonder what the chances are of encountering this - 1 in 10,000 or the like?  But none the less, I'm not going to rush my purchase - largely because I don't want to rush my divorce!

There are no more than 3 on facebook 2 of them the same guy. I’ve seen 1 on here and none on you tube. I would say a lot less 1 in 10,000 and overheating is a problem in the EU not caused by anything DJI have done except conform EU regulations. So I would say pocket is a real success and when you see the amount of reviews unpaid on you tube raving about this camera you’d realise just what you’re missing. 9FFC6E79-611D-4FA6-82C5-DCD49F53D1CE.jpeg
2023-11-11
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-11 06:24

There may be some hope, apparently forcing a hard power off night reset this issue, holding the power button for 10 seconds, we're waiting now for an affected user to test this.
2023-11-12
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Several more users today, see this user's video and the comments with users confirming that they have the same issue...

https://youtube.com/shorts/kdYydOvt_Q4?si=nGLbj9wqJeZn7LJ7

To ignore this and suggest that it is "minor" or "insignificant" would be pretty naive, enough users are affected now to make this a pretty big concern, especially if it occurs later on our of warranty ...
2023-11-12
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

sergeant Posted at 11-12 01:07
Several more users today, see this user's video and the comments with users confirming that they have the same issue...

https://youtube.com/shorts/kdYydOvt_Q4?si=nGLbj9wqJeZn7LJ7

More ridiculous posts, same guy doing the social media. Show us something new.

We Still have seen any reports of the mass returns you spoke about in your video
2023-11-12
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

What I would take issue with is describing the rotating screen as the Pocket 3's biggest feature.  Personally I would vote for the 1" sensor.  But I guess it's a matter of opinion...
2023-11-12
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-12 06:22
What I would take issue with is describing the rotating screen as the Pocket 3's biggest feature.  Personally I would vote for the 1" sensor.  But I guess it's a matter of opinion...

That's a fair point, it's subjective and personal isn't it, from the Pocket 1 and 2 we all wanted a bigger and better screen, which allowed us to see our content in a more realistic way, without having to connect a phone, so for me the biggest selling point of the P3 is the screen.

The 1" sensor (although it's of course not literally 1" hehe) is nice, but not mandatory for me on this kind of device.
2023-11-12
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI have most likely sold thousands of these devices and due to a very small number of faulty units you say its the biggest downfall of the Pocket 3. Come on. Get a grip. If this was a widespread issue we would hear much more about it then from a couple on a forum post. If you have a unit with this behaviour, contact DJI and they will cover it under warranty - simple.
2023-11-12
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

IftiBashir Posted at 11-12 11:46
DJI have most likely sold thousands of these devices and due to a very small number of faulty units you say its the biggest downfall of the Pocket 3. Come on. Get a grip. If this was a widespread issue we would hear much more about it then from a couple on a forum post. If you have a unit with this behaviour, contact DJI and they will cover it under warranty - simple.

The concern is this occuring long after the warranty expires, and so far there are substantially more affected than just a "couple of forum posts", checkout the numerous Shorts videos now on Facebook, YouTube and posted to FB groups, this issue is getting bigger sadly.
2023-11-12
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

sergeant Posted at 11-12 12:21
The concern is this occuring long after the warranty expires, and so far there are substantially more affected than just a "couple of forum posts", checkout the numerous Shorts videos now on Facebook, YouTube and posted to FB groups, this issue is getting bigger sadly.

Not a single one has been reported on your video, either this is very scarce or you channel attracts very few pocket users.

.  In general, a warranty is a promise, assurance, or statement made by the warrantor regarding the existence or accuracy of specific facts or the condition, quality, quantity, or nature of a good or property. There are express and implied warranties, both of which are legally binding commitments. fact that you’re bringing this up just shows how low you will sink that and the fact you stated without any proof that units were being returned on mass “your words” all because you weren’t asked to review the pocket 3. Get over it and move on.
There are 3 on facebook, same guy twice he has also posted once on shorts on you tube and this is about the extent of it. I have seen way more teething problems on pocket 1 “which you reviewed but failed to see any” many more testing problems with Mavic 2/3 air action 2/3 etc etc all products still today stand the test of time.
2023-11-12
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-11 11:06
we don't know how many are being returned because not everyone will broadcast that they have a problem.

You just put out a video saying they were being returned on mass. All because you weren’t given a unit to review :+)

Busted...

2023-11-12
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I think it much more likely that people will report having a problem with the screen, as opposed to people who report not having a problem with the screen.

Meanwhile I have just been watching a video where the guy is reviewing the second one he's had.  The first one kept saying "microphone blocked" on the screen.  And now the second one does too.  But he's holding it with a mini tripod, not going anywhere near the mics.  That's the first report I've seen of that bug, but it's weird that he's had two with the same problem.
2023-11-12
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-12 14:30
I think it much more likely that people will report having a problem with the screen, as opposed to people who report not having a problem with the screen.

Meanwhile I have just been watching a video where the guy is reviewing the second one he's had.  The first one kept saying "microphone blocked" on the screen.  And now the second one does too.  But he's holding it with a mini tripod, not going anywhere near the mics.  That's the first report I've seen of that bug, but it's weird that he's had two with the same problem.

The most important aspect here is that DJI investigate and remedy this and it's cause, because a device being fine right now is irrelevant if this issue has the potential to affect all devices, at some stage in the device's life. That's why it's important to raise attention to it.
2023-11-12
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI has just commented on the video to confirm that they're aware of the issue, and that's precisely the purpose of such a video, to raise awareness of a possible issue now/future so that consumers can buy knowing all the facts, and to ensure that the manufacturer acknowledges and deals with the issue. Success for consumers!
2023-11-12
Use props
88Nick8
lvl.2
United States

I have my order in with B&H that is on backorder.  I have now seen more than 5 examples of the screen issue on You tube.  This is a problem. I called DJI and they did not even know of the problem. Or at least they pretended.  I asked the tech to type up DJI Pocket 3 screen breaking or issues. They came up. The lady said that I had 14 days to return the DJI pocket 3. After that, it was out of warranty.  I responded with what if the issue of the screen is a manufacturing issue? She said: You have 14 days to return the product.  What if the problem is a design flaw.  She responded: We would have to submit a ticket to see if they would exchange the product.  I am really thinking about cancelling my order.  This is  now a lot more than just 3. I wish DJI would have made a square screen like Go Pro to just switch the 16x9 to be horizontal and vertical according the the setting. Yes, it would have been larger but no mechanical issues.
I remember when Samsung said the exact same thing when they brought out their foldable phones.  I almost bought one. Same issue here.  It is just a couple, 5% or isolated incident that is being enlarged. Well, Samsung had to stop sales and redo the phone. GRRRR it is such a capable camera.  
Even with the 2 year protection plan. You pay 35 dollars and only 3 times.
Are any of you being put off by this screen issue? Having second thoughts or waiting till it all blows up and DJI has to fix it?
2023-11-13
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

88Nick8 Posted at 11-13 00:43
I have my order in with B&H that is on backorder.  I have now seen more than 5 examples of the screen issue on You tube.  This is a problem. I called DJI and they did not even know of the problem. Or at least they pretended.  I asked the tech to type up DJI Pocket 3 screen breaking or issues. They came up. The lady said that I had 14 days to return the DJI pocket 3. After that, it was out of warranty.  I responded with what if the issue of the screen is a manufacturing issue? She said: You have 14 days to return the product.  What if the problem is a design flaw.  She responded: We would have to submit a ticket to see if they would exchange the product.  I am really thinking about cancelling my order.  This is  now a lot more than just 3. I wish DJI would have made a square screen like Go Pro to just switch the 16x9 to be horizontal and vertical according the the setting. Yes, it would have been larger but no mechanical issues.
I remember when Samsung said the exact same thing when they brought out their foldable phones.  I almost bought one. Same issue here.  It is just a couple, 5% or isolated incident that is being enlarged. Well, Samsung had to stop sales and redo the phone. GRRRR it is such a capable camera.  
Even with the 2 year protection plan. You pay 35 dollars and only 3 times.

14 days, ouch are you sure? As a minimum at least in Europe I believe that manufacturers have to offer at least a 2 year warranty under EU legislation.

But yes you're absolutely right, there are very naive fanboys rejecting this issue, and even condemning people for talking about it, merely because just now their device works...but they may be in for a nasty shock if this occurs outside of warranty.

I'm still undecided about the P3, I think that it's overpriced for what it is, I could do far more with the money from a videography perspective, and this issue has absolutely put me off buying one until DJI confirm how it can be solved, via either firmware or a mechanical/hardware revision.
2023-11-13
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

From the thousands upon thousands of units sold, you have come across 5 reports of screen issues and you think it is a big problem?? A design flaw because of 5 units out of hundreds of thousands?
You have a standard 1 year warranty which can be used if you develop any screen issue.
Beyond that, either you take out extra insurance or you take the risk. Its the same with ANY electronic item you purchase. I can go and purchase an action camera and the screen may stop displaying any image after a year (as has happened before with GoPro front screens on their cameras). I can purchase an Apple MacBook and the screen may just stop coming on one morning after the warranty period is over. It's just one of those things with electronic items.
Unfortunately some things come DOA. It happens. If you are that scared that the screen rotation may cause issues for you, then don't use it. Set the camera so you switch on/off via the button and never rotate the screen. Its like people who buy phones but are so careful with charging to preserve the battery - you take your own product enjoyment away.

As for the microphones issue, which is taking us slightly off topic, I have experienced this myself on the odd occasion, and am hoping a firmware fix will resolve.
2023-11-13
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 11-12 14:30

Meanwhile I have just been watching a video where the guy is reviewing the second one he's had.  The first one kept saying "microphone blocked" on the screen.  And now the second one does too.  But he's holding it with a mini tripod, not going anywhere near the mics.  That's the first report I've seen of that bug, but it's weird that he's had two with the same problem.

Ive had this microphone thing pop up once so far. Thought it was a bit weird but it went away within a second or so and upon reviewing the video I didn't hear any difference in audio captured. This is a genuine issue if its more widespread. Hopefully a fix will come soon.
2023-11-13
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

There's a Reddit thread here with other affected users, as well as some weird trolls sadly attacking anyone whom dares to criticise this product...

EDIT: Unfortunately this forum strips put Reddit links it seems...
2023-11-13
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I have my order in with B&H that is on backorder.  I have now seen more than 5 examples of the screen issue on You tube.  This is a problem. I called DJI and they did not even know of the problem. Or at least they pretended.  I asked the tech to type up DJI Pocket 3 screen breaking or issues. They came up. The lady said that I had 14 days to return the DJI pocket 3. After that, it was out of warranty.  I responded with what if the issue of the screen is a manufacturing issue? She said: You have 14 days to return the product.  What if the problem is a design flaw.  She responded: We would have to submit a ticket to see if they would exchange the product.  I am really thinking about cancelling my order.  This is  now a lot more than just 3. I wish DJI would have made a square screen like Go Pro to just switch the 16x9 to be horizontal and vertical according the the setting. Yes, it would have been larger but no mechanical issues.
I remember when Samsung said the exact same thing when they brought out their foldable phones.  I almost bought one. Same issue here.  It is just a couple, 5% or isolated incident that is being enlarged. Well, Samsung had to stop sales and redo the phone. GRRRR it is such a capable camera.  
Even with the 2 year protection plan. You pay 35 dollars and only 3 times.

Ok can you put up the links of the 5 you’ve seen?
2023-11-13
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

sergeant Posted at 11-13 01:46
There's a Reddit thread here with other affected users, as well as some weird trolls sadly cattacking anyone whom dares to criticise this product

Nobody attacking you, but it’s fair to ask for the information regarding the mass returns to DJI. Because once you start being disingenuous it’s almost impossible for anyone to trust your channel. You have a lot of form for this kind of click bait and you posted your disingenuous video here on the DJI forum without a scintilla of proof of mass returns. My guess is DJI won’t or don’t trust your reviews so that’s why they didn’t ask you to review the P3 .
2023-11-13
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sergeant Posted at 11-13 01:46
There's a Reddit thread here with other affected users, as well as some weird trolls sadly cattacking anyone whom dares to criticise this product...

EDIT: Unfortunately this forum strips put Reddit links it seems...

Its not about criticizing the product, its about being realistic with expectations and realising a small minority who experience an issue doesn't make it a major failure of the entire product. This is a forum after all, and like Reddit, people go there to air their issues and problems - we do not hear from the thousands who are perfectly happy with their units and experience no such issues.

Although I'm generally happy with my unit 'overall', do I think it's perfect? No it's not. I don't like the fact that the unit overheats within the EU while the non-EU units perform much better, I don't like some of the choices with screen icons, I don't like the case that comes with it, that won't even fit a charging brick - but these do not lead towards a failure of the entire product. I also realize that many products released by these companies, GoPro included, seem to treat their initial users like beta testers. Do I like that? No, I don't. But that's the way it goes I'm afraid. One thing I do know is that DJI are generally good with firmware updates, unlike GoPro who realise once or twice a year updates only, DJI are much more active with fixes and tweaks etc, so I do expect some progress soon.

Does this help a screen rotation issue? No, it doesn't. Thats a physical hardware defect that needs a return. Maybe DJI will change their manufacturing techniques so it happens less, heck, maybe their will change the entire screen rotation mechanism. Would that p*ss me off? Yes, it would considering I already have my unit. But thats what the warranty is for, and  that's the way the cookie crumbles with these products. Whether you choose to purchase and use is down to you at the end of the day.

Saying I do not allow any criticism of the product is unfair. I have no affiliation with DJI. I don't care if their product is a success or if it flops. They do not send me anything. I purchase my own cameras for review if I need to, and my review does have some criticism as well. My unit works well for my usage. Maybe I just got lucky with a good unit. Who knows? But as I said above, a small minority who experience an issue doesn't make it a major failure of the entire product.
2023-11-13
Use props
88Nick8
lvl.2
United States

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5rRqLREVAcg
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/kdYydOvt_Q4
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/QcjbmXHqhqI
    =  This is the one that really got to me.  This guy is in the Philippines and loves the camera.  

DJI has got an issue. I want to buy one and now very nervous.  DJI really put me off when they said 14 days.  The lady just kept on with the pre assembles script to say are you happy with my service etc.  NO NO NO Why does DJI treat their customers so badly?  
2023-11-13
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

88Nick8 Posted at 11-13 03:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj3P4AUQ3S8&ab_channel=mygiguser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS-JNTVGqik&t=113s&ab_channel=DroningON
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5rRqLREVAcg

Two of the ones you posted are just repeats and 3 of them are on facebook. The other video the first one is just spreading lies as he clearly says units are being returned on mass which he refuses to confirm .
So yes it’s a problem for a few in fact a handful . Out of hundreds of thousands of units its minute.
2023-11-13
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

The warranty is 24 months go to djis website and enlighten yourself. Where in the world would you get a tech company offering 14 day warranty on a brand new product.
Very strange he actually didn't have the camera in hand but posted a clip from one of your you tube shorts, very suspicious and nothing authentic about that video.

The OP is just crying wolf after DJI didn't include him for a review of the pocket. So he tries to create some hysteria total biased BS . He has plenty of form for trying to build his channel from ridiculous conspiracies and thats the height of this. The pocket 3 is being used by hundreds of thousands of very happy pundits thats a fact ...

2023-11-13
Use props
88Nick8
lvl.2
United States

These are diffent people who are having the same issues and are having a hard time dealing with DJI. It seems like you are working to mitigate the inevitable catastophic issues of the now visable mechanical failure. Enlighten yourself!  The product has just been released and it is already having issues.  Buckle up to see how it develops.  They guy in the Philippines is the first one that I have seen. Why don't you tell you co workers to call and hlep him out?
I called DJI and this is what the person said to me.  I sure hope that I am wrong and that you are correct about the two year coverage. A lot of people are going to need it.  Sony back their products. So does Rode.  I hope that DJI treats the people who are going to have huge issues well. Unlike my experience yesterday.

2023-11-13
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

88Nick8 Posted at 11-13 04:09
These are diffent people who are having the same issues and are having a hard time dealing with DJI. It seems like you are working to mitigate the inevitable catastophic issues of the now visable mechanical failure. Enlighten yourself!  The product has just been released and it is alrady having issues.  Buckle up to see how it develops.  They guy in the Philipines is the first one that I have seen. Why don't you tell you co workers to call and hlep him out?

Why would anyone have a hard time with dji on something covered by warranty ?

Who are the people, you don’t even own one yet you’re harping on about the same 3 people. Don’t get it if you don’t trust it. There are no catastrophic issues except fools trying to create conspiracies. Amazing the two on this thread bumping the conspiracy are the two that don’t even have a P3
2023-11-13
Use props
88Nick8
lvl.2
United States

LOOK at the videos!   Look on websites.  What are they all making up stories?   Heck no, everyone likes the camera.  The screen failed on them. That is a huge issue and release time.  Just watch how many are going to start popping up all over.  
2023-11-13
Use props
88Nick8
lvl.2
United States

I will call DJI again today. If they really do have a 2 year Warranty on the Pocket 3. I will not cancel it.  
As far as your conspiracies:  It is right there on video.  They are having the issues. If you can't grasp that then you must be on the payroll of damage control at DJI.
2023-11-13
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

88Nick8 Posted at 11-13 04:28
I will call DJI again today. If they really do have a 2 year Warranty on the Pocket 3. I will not cancel it.  
As far as your conspiracies:  It is right there on video.  They are having the issues. If you can't grasp that then you must be on the payroll of damage control at DJI.

Again I didn’t say they weren’t having issues all 3/4 of them but its not catastrophic and units are being returned on mass.
2023-11-13
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

I will call DJI again today. If they really do have a 2 year Warranty on the Pocket 3. I will not cancel it.  
As far as your conspiracies:  It is right there on video.  They are having the issues. If you can't grasp that then you must be on the payroll of damage control at DJI.

Don't rise to the troll buddy, this Hallmark fella is an angry little man-child, he disrupts many threads with the size of his ego, I sincerely hope that his device fails, I genuinely do.
2023-11-13
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The lady said that I had 14 days to return the DJI pocket 3. After that, it was out of warranty.  I responded with what if the issue of the screen is a manufacturing issue? She said: You have 14 days to return the product.  What if the problem is a design flaw.

The lady was referring to the ‘return’ period where they will accept the camera back and refund, for any reason. After 14 days it’s a return for repair. Before 14 days you can return for any reason.

It may be safer to just return the camera before the 14 days are up and just buy a new one!

I'm not keen on a moving screen either really tbh and is another reason why I'm holding back for a while to see what happens and wait for realistic views on the camera  over time.
2023-11-13
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

sergeant Posted at 11-13 04:52
Don't rise to the troll buddy, this Hallmark fella is an angry little man-child, he disrupts many threads with the size of his ego, I sincerely hope that his device fails, I genuinely do.

I sincerely hope that his device fails, I genuinely do.

I think that just shows the measure of this guy. He actually hopes just to prove his conspiracy that users units fail. I mean not being asked to review is really getting to him and it’s unknown just how low he will go.

He still hasn’t put up a scintilla of proof of the mass return to dji of the pocket 3 , are we now to believe he’s just a troll or a liar. So far we have seen 3. Next we will hear time for a recall .
2023-11-13
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sergeant Posted at 11-13 04:52

That's a pretty crappy thing to say. Don't bring yourself down because of a forum thread. It's not worth it. You shouldn't ever wish bad on anyone, IMO anyways.

Look, the fact of the matter is we have a handful of units that have a screen rotation mechanism issue. No-body is denying that. It's there in a handful of videos and reports online from different users. DJI must honor replacements under their warranty whether they like it or not. A defective product is a defective product at the end of the day, no way round it.
However, what we need to remember that the number of defective units that have surfaced is tiny in comparison to the number they most likely have solved. Even if the number with this mechanism defect is 2% of all units sold, that's too small a number to consider a huge defect that needs a recall etc, and nowhere near recommending people do not purchase the product at all. People should make their own informed decision with the information that's available to them.
2023-11-13
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
China

1.we conduct more than 20,000 of screen rotation test and the design standard is reliable.

2.for every case report the rotation screen defective unit on arrival, (quite a few indeed, compared with all the shipped devices), our tech support get in touch with owners and solve the issue immediately.

2023-11-13
Use props
123456Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules