DJI Pocket 3's BIGGEST feature may be it's BIGGEST problem!
12089 228 2023-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-ytao Posted at 11-13 07:06
1.we conduct more than 20,000 of screen rotation test and the design standard is reliable.

2.for every case report the rotation screen defective unit on arrival, (quite a few indeed, compared with all the shipped devices), our tech support get in touch with owners and solve the issue immediately.

This is good to see interaction and some data, do you know the cause of the defect? Is it fixable if it occurs or is it a hardware issue? From the cases I have seen, it does appear to occur either out of the box, or after a few days.
2023-11-13
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Almost certainly a hardware issue that will require a unit replacement unfortunately. I can't see this being fixable by the end user since the mechanism is completely enclosed within the handgrip.
2023-11-13
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

sergeant Posted at 11-13 07:19
This is good to see interaction and some data, do you know the cause of the defect? Is it fixable if it occurs or is it a hardware issue? From the cases I have seen, it does appear to occur either out of the box, or after a few days.

It might have been wise to get the data before posting such a ridiculous video. Maybe in future you might do your research and post facts instead of the rubbish you continuously put out.
2023-11-13
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

IftiBashir Posted at 11-13 07:39
Almost certainly a hardware issue that will require a unit replacement unfortunately. I can't see this being fixable by the end user since the mechanism is completely enclosed within the handgrip.

Well, that's what we don't know - if the magnet mechanism is electronically controlled, then it might be a firmware update, but yes it could also be a hardware issue, in which case the affected users are doomed.
2023-11-13
Use props
Interpol
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37201 ft
  • >>>
United States

88Nick8 Posted at 11-13 04:09
These are diffent people who are having the same issues and are having a hard time dealing with DJI. It seems like you are working to mitigate the inevitable catastophic issues of the now visable mechanical failure. Enlighten yourself!  The product has just been released and it is already having issues.  Buckle up to see how it develops.  They guy in the Philippines is the first one that I have seen. Why don't you tell you co workers to call and hlep him out?
I called DJI and this is what the person said to me.  I sure hope that I am wrong and that you are correct about the two year coverage. A lot of people are going to need it.  Sony back their products. So does Rode.  I hope that DJI treats the people who are going to have huge issues well. Unlike my experience yesterday.

You appear to have difficulty understanding the difference between a return period and a warranty.  They are two different things.
As for the warranty, it's spelled out clearly on DJI's website at https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=nav under "Warranty period of main parts".  12 months.

2023-11-13
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sergeant Posted at 11-13 08:13
Well, that's what we don't know - if the magnet mechanism is electronically controlled, then it might be a firmware update, but yes it could also be a hardware issue, in which case the affected users are doomed.

I don’t think it’s complex enough to be electronically controlled. I think its a matter of magnets holding it in each position, with the magnets at each position activating sensors telling the unit which position is active, hence knowing when to power up/down etc….On the other hand, I could be completely wrong! lol
2023-11-13
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

So, what happens if you want to use the screen diagonally?
2023-11-13
Use props
88Nick8
lvl.2
United States

I just contacted DJI and was on the phone with them for 30 minutes. They put me on hold for just about every question.  I called (818)235-0789

1. DJI offers a limited 14 Day return policy.  This is the reason why I put mine in with B&H.  Everyone else offers a 31 day policy.  My punishment is that I have to wait for it to be in stock. So I wait.
2. There is a 1 (ONE year man. warranty) it covers DJI manufacturing defects only.  The Screen will be covered for one year.
3. DJI protection 35 for one year, 55 for two years.  There is a fee but agent could not tell me what is it.  They need to see the damage first etc.  NOT even an estimate. I have an email in with them
4. Care re-fresh 309.00 for basic, and 159.00 for premium.  These are prices for DJI pocket 2. The pocket 3 prices are not available yet.  This is to be used in collision, water damage or natural breakdown of gear.
    -Main difference is that the more expensive plan send you out a replacement without first receiving the damaged product. I would think that the premium would be the better package but it is not according to the DJI rep.
5. DJI is aware of the screen issue and has received tickets that are being worked on. Rep could not tell me how many or when they were made.  
6.  I am now getting feedback on the status of the DJI pocket 3 who have this issue. I have contacted the people on You Tube who are dealing with this.

Bottom Line. DJI has a great new product with a major flaw.  The screen is becoming a larger issue. If you get it. You have to buy the 55 protection plan for 2 years.  There is a fee to return it.  After 2 years, you are on your own.  

My prediction:  In the years to come - you will have many pocket 1's and 2's still working.  The pocket 3's will have an expiration attached to it.  The  mechanical gimbal will outlast the screen rotation. I always thought that the gimbal mechanism would be the weakest part.

So, who is buying?  I was 100% in now I am around 75% in .
2023-11-13
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

88Nick8 Posted at 11-13 14:25
I just contacted DJI and was on the phone with them for 30 minutes. They put me on hold for just about every question.  I called (818)235-0789

1. DJI offers a limited 14 Day return policy.  This is the reason why I put mine in with B&H.  Everyone else offers a 31 day policy.  My punishment is that I have to wait for it to be in stock. So I wait.

You have much of that wrong. Warranty covers all manufacturing defects for 12 months in Europe its longer in most countries.

Care refresh costs $55 for two years it covers accidental damage if you drop it kick it break it through any accident water damage you pay $35 dollars for the first two and $55 for a third replacement. There is no repair with care refresh you will receive a pocket 3 new one or a refurbished as new .

Your warranty does not affect your care refresh so if your pocket breaks stops working through no fault of the user then warranty will cover your pocket.
2023-11-13
Use props
88Nick8
lvl.2
United States

Hallmark007: you are the one who is completely wrong. Look back at the thread. You said the warranty was for 2 years.  You gave me the inspiration to spend 30 min with DJI support.
It is one year.
How on Earth can you not see that this is a big issue? The release date of the DJI pocket 3 was October 25th, 2023.  The DJI pocket 3 has been out for 19 days and it had multiple  videos of the issue.  I called DJI and they admit that others are calling about the issue. DJI will not tell me how many or when they happened.

What part of there is major issue are you having a problem accepting?  
2023-11-13
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

88Nick8 Posted at 11-13 15:09
Hallmark007: you are the one who is completely wrong. Look back at the thread. You said the warranty was for 2 years.  You gave me the inspiration to spend 30 min with DJI support.
It is one year.
How on Earth can you not see that this is a big issue? The release date of the DJI pocket 3 was October 25th, 2023.  The DJI pocket 3 has been out for 19 days and it had multiple  videos of the issue.  I called DJI and they admit that others are calling about the issue. DJI will not tell me how many or when they happened.

Nick he's just being the troll that he always is, have sympathy for him, he's an angry little man that hates the world.
2023-11-13
Use props
88Nick8
lvl.2
United States

Hallmark007 : I have now received multipole personal messages that have identified you are a major troll without a life.

Can you please share why you are in constant conflict with so many on this site?

It seems that you are living in your own little twilight zone of Conflict.  
2023-11-13
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Hallmark007: you are the one who is completely wrong. Look back at the thread. You said the warranty was for 2 years.  You gave me the inspiration to spend 30 min with DJI support.
It is one year.
How on Earth can you not see that this is a big issue? The release date of the DJI pocket 3 was October 25th, 2023.  The DJI pocket 3 has been out for 19 days and it had multiple  videos of the issue.  I called DJI and they admit that others are calling about the issue. DJI will not tell me how many or when they happened.

It is 2 years in the country I live in so I’m not wrong and lots of Europe is the same. The fact that 99% of these cameras are working fine gives you cause for concern then thats down to you. The OP has converted you. There mere fact that only one single post “not this one” has reported this problem on the dji forum tells the actual story if this was a real problem for the masses then this forum would be lit up.
There are very very few reporting this issue on social media no more than a handful. In fact the OP put out a complete video on you tube and not a single person came forward he’s now completely loosing the plot and resorting to personally insulting people who don’t agree with him. He has tried to create hysteria but there is no there there here, what we have is a few damaged units from hundreds of thousands sold that will be replaced under warranty and I’m sure over the next few years we will see a few more but no different than cars bikes washing machines etc etc. maybe you would be better waiting for pocket 4 and if thats not 110% then pocket 5.

The sky is still up there from what I can see,  this thread is just about the OP’s conspiracy all because dji passed him by and now he’s full of resentment, you’ll notice he still hasn’t put up any proof of mass returns going back to dji.

“Isn't it kind of silly to think that tearing someone or something else down builds you up?”
2023-11-13
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hallmark007: you are the one who is completely wrong. Look back at the thread. You said the warranty was for 2 years.  You gave me the inspiration to spend 30 min with DJI support.
It is one year.
How on Earth can you not see that this is a big issue? The release date of the DJI pocket 3 was October 25th, 2023.  The DJI pocket 3 has been out for 19 days and it had multiple  videos of the issue.  I called DJI and they admit that others are calling about the issue. DJI will not tell me how many or when they happened.

Sorry Nick, but Hallmark is correct!
He lives in Ireland and in the EU, we have 2 years warranty!

On the DJI-website for Germany, 24 months (24 Monate) are clearly stated!

2023-11-14
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

88Nick8 Posted at 11-13 23:43
Hallmark007 : I have now received multipole personal messages that have identified you are a major troll without a life.

Can you please share why you are in constant conflict with so many on this site?

Trolls are feeding you again. You’ll probably notice the trolls who PM you are the very same people who don’t own a pocket 3 .
2023-11-14
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I also agree with @Hallmark007 on this one.

I simply do not understand how you can call a few defective units a 'major flaw'?
This is a brand new product. There are bound to be 'teething' issues to start with. Just because s small number have a mechanism issue, do we declare the entire product a flop and then go about advertising it as a major flaw across the entire product line?? Seriously?
If so, you need some seriously solid evidence to back up your claim - not a handful of posts on a forum or reddit (where people come to air their issues in the first instance). Consider the ENTIRE user base and provide some stats with regards to faulty units in comparison to good units, then we'll talk.

Just as with ANY electrical product, you have a warranty period - check your country for length. Use it if you need to. Otherwise you have options to extend and insure your item. Simple.

Resorting to insults and childish behavior just puts you in a bad light. There's no need for it.
2023-11-14
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is one year.

See below - 2 year warranty.......I actually also thought it was a standard 1 year - thanks @Hallmark007 for highlighting it!!

2023-11-14
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

The fan-boys are strong here, only because they so far haven't been affected by this issue with their device. If they had, then they wouldn't be so militant about someone criticizing the device.

A poll was just held in the largest DJI Pocket group on Facebook (26k users), so far just over 100 have responded, 11% of them had faulty units occurring either on arrival OR within a week or so of arrival, you can go and find this poll yourself. That to me is a high proportion, it's a small poll sample (100 users) but it's still a far higher number of faulty devices than you'd expect.

I honestly don't know what Hallmark's problem is, but it's well known here that he's a troll of the highest degree.
2023-11-14
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So out of 26,000 users
100 have responded
Of which 11 have this issue
The remaining 25.900 haven't responded yet, maybe because their units are perfectly fine?

I wouldn't call that a 'major flaw'........and I wouldn't call that a high proportion either considering your sample response rate is far too low. Even if those 100 came forward and every single one had a screen issue, that's still too small to consider against a 26,000 sample base.

I'm not saying there is no issue. There may well be. I'm just saying it's not enough to consider it a major flaw or a product flop.
DJI will honour their warranty and replace. Simple as.
2023-11-14
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sergeant Posted at 11-14 02:15
The fan-boys are strong here, only because they so far haven't been affected by this issue with their device. If they had, then they wouldn't be so militant about someone criticizing the device.

A poll was just held in the largest DJI Pocket group on Facebook (26k users), so far just over 100 have responded, 11% of them had faulty units occurring either on arrival OR within a week or so of arrival, you can go and find this poll yourself. That to me is a high proportion, it's a small poll sample (100 users) but it's still a far higher number of faulty devices than you'd expect.

‘Ignore’ is the easiest and best option if you feel like that about someone.

We know that there are a few faulty cameras out there so the message is out. I am going to wait a little while before I consider getting one thanks to some of the reports around so it’s not wasted.
It'll be interesting to know how many respond on Facebook in the end because you'll get the fanboys protecting and the problems appearing with the middle ground missing. So a higher number of responses would be more meaningful.
2023-11-14
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

sergeant Posted at 11-14 02:15
The fan-boys are strong here, only because they so far haven't been affected by this issue with their device. If they had, then they wouldn't be so militant about someone criticizing the device.

A poll was just held in the largest DJI Pocket group on Facebook (26k users), so far just over 100 have responded, 11% of them had faulty units occurring either on arrival OR within a week or so of arrival, you can go and find this poll yourself. That to me is a high proportion, it's a small poll sample (100 users) but it's still a far higher number of faulty devices than you'd expect.

Now you’re insulting everyone here. You haven’t been affected by this issue and nobody else on this thread, in fact it would be difficult to find a single person on the dji forum the place were most come to air their grievances with this problem and that tells its own story. But you think its ok to advise others on basically your own jaundiced views not to buy the pocket, first because they are being returned on mass “lie” and second that the problem might just start as units are just out of warranty. That’s conspiracy and you’re spreading it simply because you didn’t get asked to review the product.
Facebook over the years has proven itself to be filled with nothing but conspiracies. Seems strange the problem is so big nothing on your you tube channel nothing on DJI’s forum “go figure” you can call me a troll but the only one here giving misinformation is you “thats a fact” and proof who’s the troll..
2023-11-14
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-14 02:51
‘Ignore’ is the easiest and best option if you feel like that about someone.

We know that there are a few faulty cameras out there so the message is out. I am going to wait a little while before I consider getting one thanks to some of the reports around so it’s not wasted.
Agreed that a higher proportion of respondents would be good, however not all 26k bought this device, so the response so far is still very useful, 11% of 100 is a useful statistic at this point.

We shall see, the important aspect is that my video has brought this issue to DJI's attention and they've commented on the video to confirm that they're now aware, that's precisely the reason that I published it, mission accomplished

(Concerning the resident troll Hallmark, yes you're right, I do tend to ignore it's comments, as do many other forum members here.)
2023-11-14
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

sergeant Posted at 11-14 03:07
Agreed that a higher proportion of respondents would be good, however not all 26k bought this device, so the response so far is still very useful, 11% of 100 is a useful statistic at this point.

We shall see, the important aspect is that my video has brought this issue to DJI's attention and they've commented on the video to confirm that they're now aware, that's precisely the reason that I published it, mission accomplished

I would like to increase the conspiracy a bit

How many GoPro-trolls are among the 11% of users with problems?

Sorry, I forgot, Facebook is well known as on of the most reliable sources...
2023-11-14
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GoPro is more often mentioned here than on the GoPro site tbh.
2023-11-14
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

UweE Posted at 11-14 03:15
I would like to increase the conspiracy a bit

How many GoPro-trolls are among the 11% of users with problems?
Haha, now you've thrown a spanner in the conspiracy wagon
2023-11-14
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-14 03:19
GoPro is more often mentioned here than on the GoPro site tbh.

Come on, that's the way, business is done in these days.

If I would be GoPro, I would do everything to spread bad news of my competitors...
I am not blaming GoPro for that
2023-11-14
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

UweE Posted at 11-14 03:21
Come on, that's the way, business is done in these days.

If I would be GoPro, I would do everything to spread bad news of my competitors...

lol! I was absolutely mad on GoPros until the Hero 6 came out. Love the Action 4 so much now that it stops me getting a Pocket 3.

My daughter has gone to Poland for the day today so I gave her the Hero 11.  Cool over there at the moment, so she took it to keep her warm..... ; )

What is a bit surprising is the lack of Feiyutech here! No fanboys for them ......

2023-11-14
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I suppose 891 people visited this thread 66 comments and not a single visitor or comment from anyone that they have this problem “what are the odds”

I think myself. “Gossip is just a tool to distract people who have nothing better to do from feeling jealous of those few of us still remaining in reality”
2023-11-14
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gossip is just a tool to distract people who have nothing better to do from feeling jealous of those few of us still remaining with noble hearts.”

(Anna Godberson)

2023-11-14
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-14 03:51
Gossip is just a tool to distract people who have nothing better to do from feeling jealous of those few of us still remaining with noble hearts.”

(Anna Godberson)

Never a truer word spoken….
2023-11-14
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oh absolutely. I agree with you. That’s the real quote, not an ‘altered’ one. Here’s another one for you.

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
2023-11-14
Use props
Hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-14 04:09
Oh absolutely. I agree with you. That’s the real quote, not an ‘altered’ one. Here’s another one for you.

. “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

You mean like PM others or personally insulting people wishing only bad things for others. Lying that pocket 3 is being returned on mass. Maybe you should look at the video above and make a factual comment on that because most of it is not factual and misleading . It was posted here for others to comment on or was it just an ego trip. Goodbye…
2023-11-14
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-14 04:09
Oh absolutely. I agree with you. That’s the real quote, not an ‘altered’ one. Here’s another one for you.

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

Very relevant quote for this thread sadly, a few disrupters always take down the tone of a useful discussion.
2023-11-14
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hallmark007 Posted at 11-14 04:14
You mean like PM others or personally insulting people wishing only bad things for others. Lying that pocket 3 is being returned on mass. Maybe you should look at the video above and make a factual comment on that because most of it is not factual and misleading . It was posted here for others to comment on or was it just an ego trip. Goodbye…

Goodbye…………….
2023-11-14
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sergeant Posted at 11-14 04:14
Very relevant quote for this thread sadly, a few disrupters always take down the tone of a useful discussion.

The point of my re quoting was actually just before the quote …..

‘I think myself’ …… (I think he means 'I think to MYSELF') .......

.......... When it was someone else’s’ thought. I thought that was quite funny actually! A quote taken and ....... twisted. Quite a funny parallel.

No … it’s good to be aware. I must admit, when I first saw that arrangement, that was my first thought. I’ve been waiting to see if it actually happened. Hopefully not too many. There doesn't seem to be anything major at the moment at least.
2023-11-14
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Iancraig10 Posted at 11-14 04:17
The point of my re quoting was actually just before the quote …..

‘I think myself’ …… (I think he means 'I think to MYSELF')

Yep my first thoughts as well. It's a lovely looking idea, but it worried me from the fragility perspective. Even the slide-out screen on my SLR's have always worried me and they're firmly attached, but one minor impact can damage/destroy such mechanisms.

If the Pocket 3 was a 350 EUR camera, it wouldn't worry me as much, but at the current price-point, it's an expensive door-stop if that screen fails.

Good discussion Ian, thanks for bringing some maturity to this thread.
2023-11-14
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sergeant Posted at 11-14 04:28
Yep my first thoughts as well. It's a lovely looking idea, but it worried me from the fragility perspective. Even the slide-out screen on my SLR's have always worried me and they're firmly attached, but one minor impact can damage/destroy such mechanisms.

If the Pocket 3 was a 350 EUR camera, it wouldn't worry me as much, but at the current price-point, it's an expensive door-stop if that screen fails.

Actually the three things I felt might be problematic and only one wasn’t rejected here are:

a) The Price
b) The Screen
c) The Heat (One guy got lambasted here for mentioning this to the point that he had the thread removed!!!)

I’m very wary of the fold out screens on my mirrorless cameras and one did actually fail. I have a second one now that might be starting to play up as well, so moving screens can be a thing to fail easily.

The heat thing is to be expected for such a tiddly camera with a one inch sensor but again, what bothers me is more in the long term. It looks like the gimbal is hitting 56 degrees with the update and if that transfers to the electronics, it’s not great for them over time.

So really I’m still in two minds about getting one until a little bit of time passes in order for any biggies to show.
2023-11-14
Use props
88Nick8
lvl.2
United States

I can only speak for the policy of the United States. Our constitution says do not involve ourselves in foreign affairs.  Too bad our politicians are not doing that.

Anyways,  Major issue.  Well, the product has just been released. 20 days ago.  DJI has made such a great product and many are nervous about the screen issue. I contacted the guy in the Philippines and he is still waiting for his replacement unit.  The fact that the issue seems to happen right away or within a few days give me hope.  Maybe it is just a batch etc.
Will come back as I hear from the guys I contacted.  
2023-11-14
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

88Nick8 Posted at 11-14 04:45
I can only speak for the policy of the United States. Our constitution says do not involve ourselves in foreign affairs.  Too bad our politicians are not doing that.

Anyways,  Major issue.  Well, the product has just been released. 20 days ago.  DJI has made such a great product and many are nervous about the screen issue. I contacted the guy in the Philippines and he is still waiting for his replacement unit.  The fact that the issue seems to happen right away or within a few days give me hope.  Maybe it is just a batch etc.

Yes, the results from it look fantastic but I had those kinds of worries as soon as I saw the form factor if I’m honest. That’s what stopped me getting one straight away; especially at the price.

So far, it doesn’t look as though there’s anything major, but I’m going to wait it out I think. Not desperate enough for yet another camera.
2023-11-14
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

88Nick8 Posted at 11-14 04:45
I can only speak for the policy of the United States. Our constitution says do not involve ourselves in foreign affairs.  Too bad our politicians are not doing that.

I genuinely hope so, because it would be pretty crappy if the second-hand market is destroyed for these on fears of the issue arising at a later stage. I'd love one of the 'tear down' channels to dissect an affected device to see what the 'defect' is, hopefully DJI engineers are doing that right now
2023-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules